User Tag List

First 8161718192028 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I think maybe we don't do shtick as much as other types do. I think that's true. And we might not appreciate it as much as other types do.

I am very sharply/sarcastic funny when I'm mad. The way I phrase things cracks people up, and they will get stuck on a phrase and keep repeating it and slapping their legs while I'm trying to move the story along to get to my point, which makes me madder, which makes me sharper/funnier. Or if I'm in a meeting and a friend is sitting next to me, I can crack her completely up with smart remarks under my breath. But again, it comes out of anger or disrespect, two conditions I try not to be in. I'm afraid of my smart-assedness. It doesn't really come out unless I just don't care anymore, and I'm not often at that point. Every once in a very great while, I'll have some spontaneous contribution that has no edge to it, but mostly it's better if I'm not funny.

I can relate to this. I can get very smart ass but it doesn't always sound so nice. I guess I can sound pretty mean so I'm also a bit afraid of my sarcasm/smart assery, though on occasion it gets some laughs out of my NTs. I just have to be careful with it.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Yeah, I am funny looking and lumpy.
    lol. That's not at all why it makes me chuckle though. Your avatar is an oxymoron of INFPs, because I don't think of them as Mr Badass Tough Guy who I'd be scared to cross. Would be even more humorous if you were dressed in Harley clothes with 20 tats.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INTJ

I don't think I'm funny, and I think most would agree. People often say that my dad (ENFJ) is one of the funniest people they know and I know a pretty hilarious ENFP and another INFP (funniest person I know but he is borderline ENFP). Based on personal experiences, I would say that INFJs might be the least funny, although I do believe that they have a very good appreciation for humor and "get" jokes easily.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by ergophobe View Post

Sew, think you're funny or something?

Stop trying to spin the thread in support of NF humor. The above image did, however, have Cranky in stitches
    *sigh* Not this yarn again....

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know what you guys are about here, but you gosh darn had better hide that thread/yarn/ball of string or whatever, and quickly, because I thought I saw BlackCat lurking around the corner just now.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    lol. That's not at all why it makes me chuckle though. Your avatar is an oxymoron of INFPs, because I don't think of them as Mr Badass Tough Guy who I'd be scared to cross. Would be even more humorous if you were dressed in Harley clothes with 20 tats.
    The clothes, okay. Tattoos? Not so much. I don't need them, I have scars.

INFPs are classic. Some of the funniest guys I know. So understated sometimes that maybe NTs completely miss the jokes.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Biaxident admittedly is a humorous INFP so its not all of them...perhaps we should ship them all off to a school for clowns and see if that helps?

I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Biaxident admittedly is a humorous INFP so its not all of them...perhaps we should ship them all off to a school for clowns and see if that helps?
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

You want to ship off all the INFPs to CLOWN SCHOOL? ARE YOU FUCKING INSANE?

HOMICIDAL INFPS IN FACEPAINT ALL CRAMMED IN A LITTLE TINY CAR.

THEY CAN EMOTE YOU TO DEATH WITH JUST THE POWER OF THEIR EMO-NESS.

CAN'T SLEEP INFPS WILL EAT ME CAN'T SLEEP INFPS WILL EAT ME

:horor::horor::horor::horor::horor::horor:
    Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^now that you mention it Cranky, this explains my coulrophobia.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"