User Tag List

First 5131415161725 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

To the OP, yes, you are correct. NF's aren't funny at all. We are awfully serious people with no sense of humour.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    When I was with a group of friends out at an amusement park one of my INFP friends would tell me a joke and I would deliver it. Since it wasn't on purpose it took a bit for us to realize it was happening.
    I usually throw out some material for my friends so that no one else realizes I am trying them to catch it and turn it into a joke. I just need to know them well to be able to know if they will catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I suck at telling already prepared "jokes"
    Yeah, me too. You ask me to joke, and I can assure you it will not be funny.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

Totally get that, that's what I do too.

It's not really funny "per se" but it's surprising and that makes some people laugh, to see something twisted around into some new unexpected permutation. (PinkP makes me laugh like that, she usually comes out of left field and I'm unprepared... but it's not really direct humor, it's just a quirky way of seeing/describing something.)

If I notice that I accidentily got people laughing like that, I'll go even worse on em to keep it going. That part is intentionally, but yeah..usually it happens when I say something before I even realize I am

What also is seen as funny/bizarre is the whole Ne-thing, ime. I remember ranting to my SO for about 20 minutes about the moohoos and the woohoos that lived on Venus and the Moon (although the moohoos were actually really from Mars but were forced of their planet!). It's several years ago, and the details are hazy, but I kinda..yeah, fabricated on the spot.. if I remember correctly, out of a sugar rush. At first my SO just stared at me like Once I saw that, I went crazier, just to shock him more. But in stead, he started laughing his ass off. I think he was relieved I stopped after 20 minutes though, coz his lungs were hurting.

Again, this kinda shit is not intentional..it's just that the weirdest thoughts just pop into your head sometimes and before you know it, you voice it, and people kinda are stumped. They seem to like it most of the time though *shrug*
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

NFs make me laugh unintentionally ... not as much when they're trying to be funny. But I like that and it's part of why I like being around them.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I hate to agree with Mac, but I am definitely not funny unless I have something or someone to play off of. I am also pretty marshwiggle-ish without my INTP to lighten me up.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I hate to agree with Mac, but I am definitely not funny unless I have something or someone to play off of. I am also pretty marshwiggle-ish without my INTP to lighten me up.
    I'm in love, you used the term marshwiggle.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I was reading about this on another forum just yesterday and i think that a reason why NFs aren't openly the ones to crack jokes is due to a sense of PCness...
    It seems that way with the ENFs that I know. The INFs will let loose occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    ...and I in complete earnest sincerity said "What is that? A cloud?" and then I got a lengthy etymology of umbilicus with something thrown in about Mr. Pickwick from those Charles Dickens stories that he read as a child and Twitter.
    F**king INTPs... I love them but I want to throttle the hell out of them sometimes. A lot of times, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    As a rule, I don't seem to find ENTPs as funny as others seem to, either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think ENTPs are pretty good comics just because their temperament is suited for it... as well as for shrugging off any bad responses or incorporating them into their next joke / playing off it.
    I don't consider myself funny at all, but people seem to laugh at (or with) me. I say what's on my mind (without thinking) and get laughs because people either think I'm joking or they are shocked. I very rarely try to be funny.

I crack myself up constantly though.

As far as the OP, INFs can be hysterical. LA and UDog set me off constantly on here.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ...Again, this kinda shit is not intentional..it's just that the weirdest thoughts just pop into your head sometimes and before you know it, you voice it, and people kinda are stumped. They seem to like it most of the time though *shrug*
    Well... I am not an extrovert. Unless I am around people I know or I have already decided I don't care, it all stays internal for me, with my mind pinging off one thing to the next.

I noticed that huge contrast to the ENTP guy who walks in here and is constantly shooting off his mouth and weaving dialogue out of lines from various movies non-stop. He constantly makes everyone laugh, but he externalizes all of his thoughts and doesn't have a filter.

I often am bouncing around just like him, from idea to idea, but I don't say most of them. Sometimes all people get is that weird behavior where I'll be smiling to myself or even start laughing a little under my breath and everyone is wondering what I think is so funny...

People actually seem pretty responsive to Ne-pinging, it's an easy way to connect, as long as they can follow along somehow or the ideas themselves are things they can grasp.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    1w2

To all those NFs who say their friends and family thinks they're funny:

My mother says I'm the prettiest girl in the mid-Atlantic region (she's realistic...not quite the prettiest on the East Coast) and says I can be an astronaut, forensic psychiatrist, and marry rich when I grow up.

She's also helping me paint my room magenta this weekend.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    This is why I love cafe.
    Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    To all those NFs who say their friends and family thinks they're funny:

My mother says I'm the prettiest girl in the mid-Atlantic region (she's realistic...not quite the prettiest on the East Coast) and says I can be an astronaut, forensic psychiatrist, and marry rich when I grow up.

She's also helping me paint my room magenta this weekend.

I think in some ways my humor never developed beyond the elementary school level. Most humor is too heavy for me. Standups and sitcoms tend to be angry, sarcastic, trying to be politically incorrect, challenging everyone, in your face, punishing, dominating everyone, etc. It can be rather loud and redundant, but I get why bits are clever. Sometimes I think you have to feel pretty angry at people to *get* some of that humor.

I don't know if this represents other NFs, but humor to me involves regressing back to the silliness of childhood.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)