MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    Hey MacGuiver,
    You wanna know what I think is funny? Your mom's face on the day you were born when she realized she married her cousin.
    Was that an attempt?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    NFs strike me funny, but I don't consider myself funny. One ENFJ comes to mind that strikes me hilarious on a regular basis on this site. Sometimes I strike myself funny, but I don't expect anyone else to think it is funny. I'm inclined to say that extroversion is a factor in humor because it places the person more in touch with others, but I wouldn't hold to that.

If you want to make an MBTI generalization you could probably say that NF humor is more personal than humor used to dominate socially and play with ideas externally. You would be less likely to see it in impersonal formats
    I agree with this....I wouldn't describe myself as funny, but I know NFs who are very humorous.

I find NFs are clever and have a playful humor; it's not so much an obvious punchline as an overall style. NTs seem to think something is not funny unless it's mean or degrading in some way. They can be too vulgar for me also (vulgarity is pretty rare in NFs).

I like how NFs can be silly and teasing, but not mean or crude. In conversation, I find ENFXs very funny and quick (banter is a lot of fun w/them), but no, they aren't stand-up comedian types. Although, I think Eddie Izzard is an ENFP, and a lot of people find him funny (including me).

INFJs can be quite witty also, in writing anyway. I don't know too many in person, but a few I've talked to online come across as very clever and amusing, but it's in that controlled, almost stiff way (and I love that subtlety, so it works for me). The best example I can think of that is Morrissey, who people think is whiny, but his lyrics so funny if you get it.

Sometimes my own sense of humor is odd, so it doesn't show its face unless I feel comfortable (but that's typical for my personality in general). I love to banter though....especially with a charming ENFJ.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I find ENFJs and INFPs very funny. The ENFJs I know often say something unexpected and we both just laugh and laugh. INFPs are more quirky and are good with puns and clever comments. (I don't know enough ENFPs in person to comment).

I think INFJs are funnier than they appear on the outside, but they show it a lot better with those they know very well. For me at least, I have a very strong inner editor which prevents me from saying some things or which runs it through so many times that the moment either passes or else it seems too stiff or thought out to say. Every now and then though I shock people with something they didn't think they'd hear from me because it doesn't match the parts that they do know of me though and it makes them laugh.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'll tell you whats not funny...The Office.

But seriously, the only NF I'm aware of has a really quircky sence of humor that I usually don't get.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Hence NF really stands for Not Funny.
    That's funny!

Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I was reading about this on another forum just yesterday and i think that a reason why NFs aren't openly the ones to crack jokes is due to a sense of PCness... FDor example, it was commented upon that ENFPs and INFJs for instance have quite a dark cynical sense of humour however, it usually takes the presence of an NT for example of an SP to really bring that out as the NF worries about people's feelings.. Lets be honest to be really funny you have to be ruthless!
    I definitely have a dark, cynical sense of humour but the people who are closest to me are the only ones who get to see that side of me. People that I know more superficially don't get to see it because I think it would freak them out to see me joking that way when I normally come across as being really nice and kind of innocent.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    You don't have to do anything at all. Your avatar makes me chuckle.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I find that I have excellent humor "material" (i.e. good, creative ideas for jokes). However, my delivery is definitely a weakness. I've taken to whispering my sarcastic/humorous remarks to my husband or close friend when out in public, and then they deliver it to the group as their own with good success. It's like I can be funny one on one or with a small group, but with a larger group or people I don't know, my timing's off and the whole thing feels stilted.

When I'm hanging out with my kooky intuitive friends we have a lot of fun playing off each other. Though whether we're really funny or just think we're funny I can't say.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

For those who think NF humor is a myth, I give you

Exhibit A
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

My mum thinks I'm funny