• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] Just how dangerous is an INFP scorned?

proximo

I see people here say that INFP's are like cuddley little bunnys until you cross them wrong. So just how dangerous is an INFP pushed to their breaking point?

I think I know my answer from personal experience, though it is a bit disconcerning.

Disconcerting how? IME, INFP's are the most passive of types - would they even be BOTHERED to actually get revenge or do anything unpleasant? I can't imagine them having the outward energy to become bunny boilers - that takes too much forward planning and like, sustained effort!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Grin..yeah, you haven't been smothered in an ocean of Fi yet..no planning needed, blunt force does everything :devil:

Edit: yes, to your question. I've done revenge, when I was younger. Using people's passions and motivations against them, their weaknesses of personality and their ego's...especially when you feel justified to manipulate...mmm. Fun :devil:

Ahhh to be young and evil again :D

proximo

Okay, well like what, then?

Cos, also IME, INFP's are very noble sorts of characters. It seems to me that it's very important to them to be as virtuous as they can. Wouldn't it trouble such a person, to find they were lowering themselves to petty, vengeful and spiteful behaviour? At least, the INFP I know the most closely, I recall her saying specifically at times that, though she was tempted, she wouldn't seriously think of doing anything because it was "unworthy" of her, and she thought it better to rise above it.

Maybe I've just got a I-Zen-FP :)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have to be able to. Though I strive for the 'rising above it'-tactic, I have my moments. I can tell you that the man who rapes me will die or get neutered, at least, that's the plan. I also made it my mission to make my scumbag ex green with jealousy after he cheated on me and dumped me for my best friend. I cannot say I'm above the phrase: 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Okay, well like what, then?

Cos, also IME, INFP's are very noble sorts of characters. It seems to me that it's very important to them to be as virtuous as they can. Wouldn't it trouble such a person, to find they were lowering themselves to petty, vengeful and spiteful behaviour? At least, the INFP I know the most closely, I recall her saying specifically at times that, though she was tempted, she wouldn't seriously think of doing anything because it was "unworthy" of her, and she thought it better to rise above it.

Maybe I've just got a I-Zen-FP :)

Well sure. And of course it depends on what was done.

Being virtuous doesn't necessarily mean someone doesn't get what they deserve.

And sure we may feel guilty afterward. But only for a little while. Especially if we feel it's warranted.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I once went to get my aluminum bat after snapping. I didn't run for it, I walked over to where I had it and very intently took it out of where I had it put away. I then tracked down my target; I didn't rush, but I didn't waver either - I was intentful. My target screamed intermittently as he saw me rounding corners while walking towards him. He ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I tried the door to check if he actually managed to lock it then moved on to get a penny to unlock it. Again, intentfully and methodically, no running, no wavering. I got back to the bathroom, unlocked the door and forced my way in with intent and purpose, no rush. My target tripped into the bathtub screaming and I walked up to him, stood over him, raised my bat over my head laughing like one of those psychotic cartoons. I drank every last bit of fear from him as he screamed. What he did didn't warrant death though, so once I was full I walked away.

Good enough for you, proximo?

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
I once went to get my aluminum bat after snapping. I didn't run for it, I walked over to where I had it and very intently took it out of where I had it put away. I then tracked down my target; I didn't rush, but I didn't waver either - I was intentful. My target screamed intermittently as he saw me rounding corners while walking towards him. He ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I tried the door to check if he actually managed to lock it then moved on to get a penny to unlock it. Again, intentfully and methodically, no running, no wavering. I got back to the bathroom, unlocked the door and forced my way in with intent and purpose, no rush. My target tripped into the bathtub screaming and I walked up to him, stood over him, raised my bat over my head laughing like one of those psychotic cartoons. I drank every last bit of fear from him as he screamed. What he did didn't warrant death though, so once I was full I walked away.

Good enough for you, proximo?

You are so cuddly. :D

proximo

Well sure. And of course it depends on what was done.

Being virtuous doesn't necessarily mean someone doesn't get what they deserve.

And sure we may feel guilty afterward. But only for a little while. Especially if we feel it's warranted.

That's interesting. You see, I think people always do get what they deserve, one way or another. Whatever you do, you do to yourself, Buddha say, etc., sounds trite but it's true. I can't imagine seeing myself as like some angel of vengeance like that, I don't think I'd ever be able to feel so sure that it was justified, regardless of whatever the other person had done.

So yeah, that is pretty scary, to me. Though not from a personal POV, since I'm on good terms with my INFP's and haven't ever had cross words with them :)

runvardh - yeah, but you're an obvious psycho though, I'd expect it from you :D
(hehehe, actually that is pretty frightening that someone would feel SO confident in their own moral judgement and stuff, that they'd be able to do that in that way. I haven't a vengeful bone in my body, so it's quite bewildering to me).

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

:yes: That's a good one. I especially like that the target knows afterwards that the point was not the violence but the fear.

proximo

That's especially interesting because it's basically sadism, which is something I've done in a consensual context, no problemo. But I really don't have it in me to do it in a vengeful context.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
That's interesting. You see, I think people always do get what they deserve, one way or another. Whatever you do, you do to yourself, Buddha say, etc., sounds trite but it's true. I can't imagine seeing myself as like some angel of vengeance like that, I don't think I'd ever be able to feel so sure that it was justified, regardless of whatever the other person had done.

So yeah, that is pretty scary, to me. Though not from a personal POV, since I'm on good terms with my INFP's and haven't ever had cross words with them :)

Cross words are one thing. Step on a core value, or hurt someone we care about. Start digging your grave.

And we don't think about vengeance, usually it's heat of the moment emotion that runs us. Thinking it over comes afterward, generally.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP

Yeah well, most of us aren't enlightened yet. Even though I do believe that everyone gets what's coming to them, you still could push me to the point I just want to make sure of it myself.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
runvardh - yeah, but you're an obvious psycho though, I'd expect it from you :D
(hehehe, actually that is pretty frightening that someone would feel SO confident in their own moral judgement and stuff, that they'd be able to do that in that way. I haven't a vengeful bone in my body, so it's quite bewildering to me).

Well, in being laidback, I honestly prefer not to get that way. It takes a lot of crap and effort to get me there and that specific episode was from 14 years ago. When I stap, though, it has nothing to do with having the right and everything to do with needing it to stop before now. I at least give warnings though, and try to remove any excuse the other party would have before it happens. Hell, vengence was what kept me to life and got me through my teen years. It leaves you empty when you're done though - very empty. Because of that, I don't like going there, I really don't and avoid it as much as possible.

Liquid Swordz

MBTI Type
INFP
well I'm an INFP and also a recovering "pissed off youth", so yes I believe INFP's can be extremely venegful or manipulative when you get on their bad sides.

I'm twenty years old now and luckily entering young adulthood has made me realize some things like being angry all the time is far from worth it.

I'm about to switch over and let my warm fuzzy feeley emotions creep in, become a cuddly bunny if you will. But under the visage of the Sheep there's probably a Wolf waiting to get out if I'm pissed.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
Hell, vengence was what kept me to life and got me through my teen years. It leaves you empty when you're done though - very empty. Because of that, I don't like going there, I really don't and avoid it as much as possible.

:yes:

proximo

Cross words are one thing. Step on a core value, or hurt someone we care about. Start digging your grave.

And we don't think about vengeance, usually it's heat of the moment emotion that runs us. Thinking it over comes afterward, generally.

I dunno, seemed pretty premeditated, the way runvardh put it.

Shit, you guys are psychos! So much for the fluffy NF thing, eh? :laugh:

The interesting thing about that 'core value' thing, for me, is how the INFP differentiates (if they do at all) between their own core values that they acknowledge are sort of a "them thing", and the ones they actually expect other people to understand and respect.

The idea of these highly idiosyncratic personal values, coupled with that psycho type potential, could make for a very unbalanced person indeed!

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'd love to be cuddly. I really, really, really want to be able to be just that, but the viper and the bee have poison for a reason.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I dunno, seemed pretty premeditated, the way runvardh put it.

You'd think so, but it was coming to me each second after the snap, no forthought involved, just pure controlled implosion.

nolla

Senor Membrane
MBTI Type
INFP
The idea of these highly idiosyncratic personal values, coupled with that psycho type potential, could make for a very unbalanced person indeed!

True, but it would have to be pretty extreme case.