User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    So this is what you are talking about. You will fuck someone up by taping over their VHS copy of Grease?!?

Don't you people know the meaning of decency? Is their no low thats too low?
    I know its pretty funny, right? It sounds stupid but its pretty low really. I mean it was the most evil thing I could do to my sister that didn't involve violence. Its not my problem that thing that mattered the most to her was a movie.

Still, my ability to inflict cruelty is pretty limited But this doesn't mean that I'm not a crazy bitch when I'm really mad. It means I will scream at you and possibly throw things but just not directly at you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I will support this. I'm not sure about other types, but we are like elephants. Fi Si archivists.
    Yup, and it's not just remembering facts and figures. I would attach memories of emotions to things such as songs, movies, etc. As well as try to link it to the 'big picture' of stuff already in my head. That's why when I do something like visit a museum, I'd need a lot of alone time after to simply process everything

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I remember things through the intensity of the emotion attached to it.

I tend to go for the approach of 'live and let live' 95 percent of the time. Often, I understand why the other person did what they did, and forgiveness is only fair. Often we can work out a compromise or resolve the misunderstanding. I can even understand why some hound you (though it took me a couple of years, before that it was in the 'angry' stack), and how they don't mean it that way.

What I do get vengeful over is cold-hearted betrayal and the calculated harming of others for your own gain. Repeated cheating and lying, with no regard for the harm you're causing others, and actually finding it amusing that others are gutted by your actions. Sadists, basically. That to me is like a red flag on a bull. At that point, I collect data on your passions, your weaknesses and pit them against each other, to show you what it's like to be torn apart emotionally. And hope you learn to change your ways or at least never go near that particular situation again.

As for the carrrying with of negative emotions..I did that for years. These days, not so much. I let go of emotions after they've served their purpose, although I will still remember them. But I'm able to smile at what happened and detach from the pain when I remember it, these days, in most cases at least. Forgive, but not forget
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I remember things through the intensity of the emotion attached to it.

I tend to go for the approach of 'live and let live' 95 percent of the time. Often, I understand why the other person did what they did, and forgiveness is only fair. Often we can work out a compromise or resolve the misunderstanding. I can even understand why some hound you (though it took me a couple of years, before that it was in the 'angry' stack), and how they don't mean it that way.

What I do get vengeful over is cold-hearted betrayal and the calculated harming of others for your own gain. Repeated cheating and lying, with no regard for the harm you're causing others, and actually finding it amusing that others are gutted by your actions. Sadists, basically. That to me is like a red flag on a bull. At that point, I collect data on your passions, your weaknesses and pit them against each other, to show you what it's like to be torn apart emotionally. And hope you learn to change your ways or at least never go near that particular situation again.

As for the carrrying with of negative emotions..I did that for years. These days, not so much. I let go of emotions after they've served their purpose, although I will still remember them. But I'm able to smile at what happened and detach from the pain when I remember it, these days, in most cases at least. Forgive, but not forget

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Have I qualified for my INFP card yet? *hopeful look*

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Unrelated observation. I keep on seeing your sig as "It's not nice to piss on Mother Nature..."

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Well..then a whole lot of animals (including men!) are in serious trouble
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Filthy beasts!

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I'm not cold, I'm hot like fire. As everyone has said, it takes ALOT for me to get to that point, but when I do...I had one "friend" start shaking everytime she saw me after our "little tiff." Trying to slug her wasn't my proudest moment (I had to have three grown men hold me back.) and definitely unexpected move from me. Especially considering most people consider me the "wouldn't hurt a fly" type.
    Don't you find though when you've been driven to that point, afterward you couldn't give a rats arse about them any more.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I'm not cold, I'm hot like fire. As everyone has said, it takes ALOT for me to get to that point, but when I do...I had one "friend" start shaking everytime she saw me after our "little tiff." Trying to slug her wasn't my proudest moment (I had to have three grown men hold me back.) and definitely unexpected move from me. Especially considering most people consider me the "wouldn't hurt a fly" type.
    Don't you find though when you've been driven to that point, afterward you couldn't give a rats arse about them any more.
    I agree with this^^.

I have a hard time reconciling the two aspects of my character. There is the easily hurt part, the emotional, pure-hearted sector of my being, but there is also this vengeful spirit that feels obligated to react to injustice or cruelty, and does so in the strongest way. where does this come from? I can't think of what in my upbringing that might account for this. It's too easy to say that this is just 'values'. Where do values come from for the INFP? Why do they seems so important? They aren't random, or they would include unjust actions too, but they don't. So they must derive from an interaction with the environment. But why does the INFP take this on? I suppose it can seem arrogant, but it doesn't feel that way.