User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Hehe, yeah. One last thing tho:

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Also remember we are Fs not Ts. It's going to show a little easier with us to start with. The ones who manage to learn how to cut losses actually have to learn about it and it is in the maturing process.
    That's a very useful reminder for me, actually. Cos you guys are usually so calm and reasonable and stuff, and not generally "dramatic" like the average non-F tends to come to perceive the average F, it can be easy to forget you're F's at all
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    ^^I recognize that

I usually don't go physical..though it has happened. If you really have betrayed me however, I'll force you to experience every negative emotion in the book, if I can. I'll forcefeed you mine and manipulate for you to have some more on your own till you no longer know what's up or down, right or wrong and can't find your way out of that emotional maze.
    Yep, sounds very ENFP. We have to be among the cruellest and most destructive when we do cut loose. It takes a lot to get me there though.

From INFPs I've known, they just shut you out, say some pretty harsh things and move on. It can be pretty cold, and doesn't give you many options.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

The fluffy bunny thing is BS.

We may seem very soft and non-aggressive on the surface, and this may in fact be true, but below that is something else. There is a duality to our characters...

Biaxident is a rottweiler in a bunny suit.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post

We may seem very soft and non-aggressive on the surface, and this may in fact be true, but below that is something else. There is a duality to our characters...

Shhh...

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

this is Sig-material!

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    Yep, sounds very ENFP. We have to be among the cruellest and most destructive when we do cut loose. It takes a lot to get me there though.

From INFPs I've known, they just shut you out, say some pretty harsh things and move on. It can be pretty cold, and doesn't give you many options.
    It takes a lot to get me there too, thank god. Ironically, I think I've gottne better at being able to execute this, while it's become even less likely I ever will.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Yep, no cuddly bunny here either. I'm not openly nice, I'm just not actively mean. I'm rather neutral towards most people, which is often perceived as aloof actually.

Unless I am close to someone, I probably won't blow up. I need to process how I feel first, especially if it's a large matter. I tend to write a letter or email or something detailing my grievances out.

If I feel it's some kind of betrayal, I may simply disappear from someone's life. I tend to argue most with those I actually care about because of this - I need to work things out with them, but other people will simply be cut off. So with family in particular, I have a bit of a temper, and I will rant and snap when upset.
    Sounds almost like me
    It makes sense that the closer the person is, the more potential there is to get hurt. After all, I can't take something personally from people I don't know, or people that don't know me. And the betrayal thing is something really important here. - I usually try to work it out for myself when something particularly unpleasant happened to me. Since I think I have a talent for empathy, the other person's behavior usually makes sense to me, at least from their vantage point. Only when I can be absolutely sure that it was done on purpose, and especially targeted at me, I can become really mean. Usually not in an open emotional outburst, but rather in some very snide way. Some people really don't realize the different connotations "thank you very much" can have.

The one thing that gets me really furious is when I don't have the space to retreat. I'm much in need of privacy. I have a sister with whom I tended to argue a lot when I was younger, and it drove me mad she entered my room despite my forbidding her not to, and she still has problems respecting my privacy. Being (literally) cornered is one of the very few things that totally freaks me out - I almost become a different person (and not a very pleasant one, to be sure). I'm glad that I'm not at home that often anymore.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

true NebbyKoo.

it's all just surface appearance.
    That rottweiler in a bunny suit
    should be the INFP slogan, I like it lol.
    Seriously we may seem "fluffy" and
    I usually joke " i'm fluffy" but it's
    more mocking the INFP stereotype.
    I'm not "fluffy" so move your finger *metaphorically*
    if you cherish it haha.

What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

I have the capacity for serious rage. I haven't completely lost it since I was a child. I'm aware of my propensity for irritability (and how unappealing it is) so I contain my anger and annoyance 99% of the time. I do lose it a little, very occasionally but usually its in semi-controlled amounts. I have no doubt though, that if you push me enough or frustrate me sufficiently, I will explode.

I'm not generally vengeful and I don't tend to hold a grudge. My anger is the hot-blooded sort - I can't really maintain it outside the circumstance that caused it. However, I forgive but I don't forget. I mentally write people off. I treat them politely and respectfully but I have essentially given up on them. I suppose it would be possible for me to be spiteful and seek revenge. It would have to be a situation where I am constantly provoked and feel unable to escape or remedy the situation.

When I was a kid, my sister and I used to have legendary arguments. If she was angry enough she used to go into my room afterwards and swipe everything on my dressing table all over the floor - something I had just learned to grin and bear. Once after an argument I went back to my room to find she had done this but this time she had broken something I made in art class. I was furious and knew that if I told Mum, jack shit would be done to punish her. So I tried to think of the most cruel thing I could do to her. My sister was absolutely obsessed with the movie Grease, which we had on tape (and had watched it like 80 times over and continued to watch it practically once a week). So I taped over it. When she found out she went completely off-the-wall, ballistic but it was so worth it. And she learned a valuable lesson: don't push me too far.

I'm aware this is a bit on the pathetic side for a revenge tale. I'd like to hear some other INFP revenge stories. Care to share?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Have you ever seen Alice, Sweet Alice ?

I'll cut you.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    So I tried to think of the most cruel thing I could do to her. My sister was absolutely obsessed with the movie Grease, which we had on tape (and had watched it like 80 times over and continued to watch it practically once a week). So I taped over it. When she found out she went completely off-the-wall, ballistic but it was so worth it. And she learned a valuable lesson: don't push me too far.
    So this is what you are talking about. You will fuck someone up by taping over their VHS copy of Grease?!?

Don't you people know the meaning of decency? Is their no low thats too low?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"