User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    I dunno, seemed pretty premeditated, the way runvardh put it.

Shit, you guys are psychos! So much for the fluffy NF thing, eh?

The interesting thing about that 'core value' thing, for me, is how the INFP differentiates (if they do at all) between their own core values that they acknowledge are sort of a "them thing", and the ones they actually expect other people to understand and respect.

Because... well, I've had conversations with my INFP where she's got really annoyed at somebody for something she's said was just "beyond the pale", and yet when she described it to me, I thought it sounded like the sort of thing that at least half the population wouldn't bat an eyelid at, and of the remaining half, half of them would be just mildly peeved at worst. And yet she was completely livid. I've had a tough time then, trying to persuade her that it's not fair or reasonable to expect everybody else to live by her personal values, or to get so worked up when they don't.

The idea of these highly idiosyncratic personal values, coupled with that psycho type potential, could make for a very unbalanced person indeed!
    You missed the part where he said he was pushed over and over, till he had to stop it. And that is important. We'll let you push and push, and be polite while we ask you nicely to stop. And after a while, we get fed up with being ignored. And let the Beast out.

When I was younger I would get so angry I would lose small blocks of time while I went on a rampage. Yet I still never permanently injured anyone.

Unless I felt a life was in danger, I wouldn't go so far as to literally attempt to kill anyone. Even in a rage.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I'd love to be cuddly. I really, really, really want to be able to be just that, but the viper and the bee have poison for a reason.
    You are cuddly.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^I recognize that

I usually don't go physical..though it has happened. If you really have betrayed me however, I'll force you to experience every negative emotion in the book, if I can. I'll forcefeed you mine and manipulate for you to have some more on your own till you no longer know what's up or down, right or wrong and can't find your way out of that emotional maze.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

You'd think so, but it was coming to me each second after the snap, no forthought involved, just pure controlled implosion.
    Yeah, that actually is one of the scary things. We can go into this "cold" hate mode. It's a weird thing... It is like the anger is inside your mind, you are there also in a way watching yourself objectively, and while you don't control the anger, you can control your outside appearance and behavior surprisingly well.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I'd love to be cuddly. I really, really, really want to be able to be just that, but the viper and the bee have poison for a reason.
    I guess so... though you'd have to be pretty damned sure that it was an actual offence the person had done, and not just an accidental stepping over of your own quirky sense of values, to feel justified in taking extreme revenge like that.

Thinking about it now, I realise I can be sadistic, but it tends to have nothing to do with revenge, and it isn't fear I'm looking for either. I don't know what it is to do with though - seems like just pure sadism for its own sake.

Thinking about you INFP's who've done extreme things out of revenge - seems mostly male ones saying it. It could be argued that testosterone played no small part in the way your anger manifested itself. Are there any female INFP's here who've used that style of revenge? Cos I'm thinking of my female INFP and I can't imagine her getting like these guys, not in my wildest imagination (which is pretty wild).

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I usually don't go physical..though it has happened. If you really have betrayed me however, I'll force you to experience every negative emotion in the book. I'll forcefeed you mine and manipulate for you to have some more on your own till you no longer know what's up or down, right or wrong and can't find your way out of that emotional maze.
    An ENFP who felt that I had betrayed her once tried to do this to me. In her head, it worked, but in reality I just thought she was pretty sad and a bit pathetic. And crazy. It didn't actually get under my skin at all. But she's a bad example because she's actually pretty crazy in many other ways, hence why she thought my taking more than 24 hours to reply to an e-mail was justification to release the hounds on me, as it were LOL

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Totally understand the deathwish thing if someone kills your mother/child or forcibly rapes you but sometimes I get the vibe of potential everlasting fury from INFP for some relatively minor infractions. Kinda like road rage. As when many other injustices are done to the INFP by other people and you are the one to add the straw which breaks the camels back (i.e. becomes victims of the INFPs rage long term vendetta)

Don't get me wrong I can relate to the short term rage as an INTP but as for most wrongs not immediately addressed it seems for your own good best if they be simply forgiven or ignored but not forgotten in the long term (although I have had graphic and detailed revenge fantasies, never went through with almost none of them) Revenge as a dish best served cold has an inviting sound to it but doesnt seem worth the encumbrance of carrying around those negative emotions.

When does logic or forgiveness come into play for the INFP? Cutting losses and walking away? If it does?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I guess so... though you'd have to be pretty damned sure that it was an actual offence the person had done, and not just an accidental stepping over of your own quirky sense of values, to feel justified in taking extreme revenge like that.

Thinking about it now, I realise I can be sadistic, but it tends to have nothing to do with revenge, and it isn't fear I'm looking for either.

Thinking about you INFP's who've done extreme things out of revenge - seems mostly male ones saying it. It could be argued that testosterone played no small part in the way your anger manifested itself. Are there any female INFP's here who've used that style of revenge? Cos I'm thinking of my female INFP and I can't imagine her getting like these guys, not in my wildest imagination (which is pretty wild).
    Na, I'm pretty sure it's male = physical, female = verbal. And it's not from accidental stepping, it's from repeat stepping where you've been told not to. Accident can be more easily forgiven than you think; idiotic repeat offence is where the issue comes in.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    when someone crosses me, i either completely internalize it and never act on it.. or i'm set on making their life hell. i can be a huuuuge bitch when i want to be, although i feel like i'm getting a lot nicer with age.
    To me that would be far too much trouble. If someone really crosses me, I think they're simply just not worth taking revenge for. As I've said, the best thing for me is simply getting away from said person.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

You are missing the fact that we will let you know, over and over, and over...

And if you don't listen, well that's on you.

And of course this assumes we cannot get away from you.