User Tag List

First 23456 Last

That's especially interesting because it's basically sadism, which is something I've done in a consensual context, no problemo. But I really don't have it in me to do it in a vengeful context.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    That's interesting. You see, I think people always do get what they deserve, one way or another. Whatever you do, you do to yourself, Buddha say, etc., sounds trite but it's true. I can't imagine seeing myself as like some angel of vengeance like that, I don't think I'd ever be able to feel so sure that it was justified, regardless of whatever the other person had done.

So yeah, that is pretty scary, to me. Though not from a personal POV, since I'm on good terms with my INFP's and haven't ever had cross words with them
    Cross words are one thing. Step on a core value, or hurt someone we care about. Start digging your grave.

And we don't think about vengeance, usually it's heat of the moment emotion that runs us. Thinking it over comes afterward, generally.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

That's interesting. You see, I think people always do get what they deserve, one way or another. Whatever you do, you do to yourself, Buddha say, etc., sounds trite but it's true. I can't imagine seeing myself as like some angel of vengeance like that, I don't think I'd ever be able to feel so sure that it was justified, regardless of whatever the other person had done.
    Yeah well, most of us aren't enlightened yet. Even though I do believe that everyone gets what's coming to them, you still could push me to the point I just want to make sure of it myself.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

runvardh - yeah, but you're an obvious psycho though, I'd expect it from you
    (hehehe, actually that is pretty frightening that someone would feel SO confident in their own moral judgement and stuff, that they'd be able to do that in that way. I haven't a vengeful bone in my body, so it's quite bewildering to me).
    Well, in being laidback, I honestly prefer not to get that way. It takes a lot of crap and effort to get me there and that specific episode was from 14 years ago. When I stap, though, it has nothing to do with having the right and everything to do with needing it to stop before now. I at least give warnings though, and try to remove any excuse the other party would have before it happens. Hell, vengence was what kept me to life and got me through my teen years. It leaves you empty when you're done though - very empty. Because of that, I don't like going there, I really don't and avoid it as much as possible.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP

well I'm an INFP and also a recovering "pissed off youth", so yes I believe INFP's can be extremely venegful or manipulative when you get on their bad sides.

I'm twenty years old now and luckily entering young adulthood has made me realize some things like being angry all the time is far from worth it.

I'm about to switch over and let my warm fuzzy feeley emotions creep in, become a cuddly bunny if you will. But under the visage of the Sheep there's probably a Wolf waiting to get out if I'm pissed.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    Hell, vengence was what kept me to life and got me through my teen years. It leaves you empty when you're done though - very empty. Because of that, I don't like going there, I really don't and avoid it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Cross words are one thing. Step on a core value, or hurt someone we care about. Start digging your grave.

And we don't think about vengeance, usually it's heat of the moment emotion that runs us. Thinking it over comes afterward, generally.
    I dunno, seemed pretty premeditated, the way runvardh put it.

Shit, you guys are psychos! So much for the fluffy NF thing, eh?

The interesting thing about that 'core value' thing, for me, is how the INFP differentiates (if they do at all) between their own core values that they acknowledge are sort of a "them thing", and the ones they actually expect other people to understand and respect.

The idea of these highly idiosyncratic personal values, coupled with that psycho type potential, could make for a very unbalanced person indeed!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I'd love to be cuddly. I really, really, really want to be able to be just that, but the viper and the bee have poison for a reason.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I dunno, seemed pretty premeditated, the way runvardh put it.
    You'd think so, but it was coming to me each second after the snap, no forthought involved, just pure controlled implosion.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

The idea of these highly idiosyncratic personal values, coupled with that psycho type potential, could make for a very unbalanced person indeed!
    True, but it would have to be pretty extreme case.