User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Swordz View Post
    I see people here say that INFP's are like cuddley little bunnys until you cross them wrong. So just how dangerous is an INFP pushed to their breaking point?

I think I know my answer from personal experience, though it is a bit disconcerning.
    Disconcerting how? IME, INFP's are the most passive of types - would they even be BOTHERED to actually get revenge or do anything unpleasant? I can't imagine them having the outward energy to become bunny boilers - that takes too much forward planning and like, sustained effort!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Grin..yeah, you haven't been smothered in an ocean of Fi yet..no planning needed, blunt force does everything

Edit: yes, to your question. I've done revenge, when I was younger. Using people's passions and motivations against them, their weaknesses of personality and their ego's...especially when you feel justified to manipulate...mmm. Fun

Ahhh to be young and evil again
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    ...would they even be BOTHERED to actually get revenge or do anything unpleasant?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Yes.
    Okay, well like what, then?

Cos, also IME, INFP's are very noble sorts of characters. It seems to me that it's very important to them to be as virtuous as they can. Wouldn't it trouble such a person, to find they were lowering themselves to petty, vengeful and spiteful behaviour? At least, the INFP I know the most closely, I recall her saying specifically at times that, though she was tempted, she wouldn't seriously think of doing anything because it was "unworthy" of her, and she thought it better to rise above it.

Maybe I've just got a I-Zen-FP

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

You have to be able to. Though I strive for the 'rising above it'-tactic, I have my moments. I can tell you that the man who rapes me will die or get neutered, at least, that's the plan. I also made it my mission to make my scumbag ex green with jealousy after he cheated on me and dumped me for my best friend. I cannot say I'm above the phrase: 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned'.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Okay, well like what, then?

Cos, also IME, INFP's are very noble sorts of characters. It seems to me that it's very important to them to be as virtuous as they can. Wouldn't it trouble such a person, to find they were lowering themselves to petty, vengeful and spiteful behaviour? At least, the INFP I know the most closely, I recall her saying specifically at times that, though she was tempted, she wouldn't seriously think of doing anything because it was "unworthy" of her, and she thought it better to rise above it.

Maybe I've just got a I-Zen-FP
    Well sure. And of course it depends on what was done.

Being virtuous doesn't necessarily mean someone doesn't get what they deserve.

And sure we may feel guilty afterward. But only for a little while. Especially if we feel it's warranted.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I once went to get my aluminum bat after snapping. I didn't run for it, I walked over to where I had it and very intently took it out of where I had it put away. I then tracked down my target; I didn't rush, but I didn't waver either - I was intentful. My target screamed intermittently as he saw me rounding corners while walking towards him. He ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I tried the door to check if he actually managed to lock it then moved on to get a penny to unlock it. Again, intentfully and methodically, no running, no wavering. I got back to the bathroom, unlocked the door and forced my way in with intent and purpose, no rush. My target tripped into the bathtub screaming and I walked up to him, stood over him, raised my bat over my head laughing like one of those psychotic cartoons. I drank every last bit of fear from him as he screamed. What he did didn't warrant death though, so once I was full I walked away.

Good enough for you, proximo?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I once went to get my aluminum bat after snapping. I didn't run for it, I walked over to where I had it and very intently took it out of where I had it put away. I then tracked down my target; I didn't rush, but I didn't waver either - I was intentful. My target screamed intermittently as he saw me rounding corners while walking towards him. He ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I tried the door to check if he actually managed to lock it then moved on to get a penny to unlock it. Again, intentfully and methodically, no running, no wavering. I got back to the bathroom, unlocked the door and forced my way in with intent and purpose, no rush. My target tripped into the bathtub screaming and I walked up to him, stood over him, raised my bat over my head laughing like one of those psychotic cartoons. I drank every last bit of fear from him as he screamed. What he did didn't warrant death though, so once I was full I walked away.

Good enough for you, proximo?

You are so cuddly.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Well sure. And of course it depends on what was done.

Being virtuous doesn't necessarily mean someone doesn't get what they deserve.

And sure we may feel guilty afterward. But only for a little while. Especially if we feel it's warranted.
    That's interesting. You see, I think people always do get what they deserve, one way or another. Whatever you do, you do to yourself, Buddha say, etc., sounds trite but it's true. I can't imagine seeing myself as like some angel of vengeance like that, I don't think I'd ever be able to feel so sure that it was justified, regardless of whatever the other person had done.

So yeah, that is pretty scary, to me. Though not from a personal POV, since I'm on good terms with my INFP's and haven't ever had cross words with them

runvardh - yeah, but you're an obvious psycho though, I'd expect it from you
    (hehehe, actually that is pretty frightening that someone would feel SO confident in their own moral judgement and stuff, that they'd be able to do that in that way. I haven't a vengeful bone in my body, so it's quite bewildering to me).

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    That's a good one. I especially like that the target knows afterwards that the point was not the violence but the fear.