User Tag List

First 456

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    INFP's would not broadcast their intentions. they would just do it without a word.
    True, if an INFP was serious about doing it, they wouldn't talk about, they'd just do it. If it's "talked" about, then it's just talk and nothing more. That's my expert opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    True, if an INFP was serious about doing it, they wouldn't talk about, they'd just do it. If it's "talked" about, then it's just talk and nothing more. That's my expert opinion.
    Expert ? Were you saying this as some proffesional in field (psychologyst or what), or as one INFP?

anyway, I'm really annoyed by such misbeliefs, according to some studies most people who commit suicide do tell someone they plan to before, and such statments as yours make people believe that those people are only attention whoring, without true intentions. I think that's just not a place for such big generalisations.

A window to the soul

Talking lolz!

Quote Originally Posted by Chloee View Post
    Expert ? Were you saying this as some proffesional in field (psychologyst or what), or as one INFP?

anyway, I'm really annoyed by such misbeliefs, according to some studies most people who commit suicide do tell someone they plan to before, and such statments as yours make people believe that those people are only attention whoring, without true intentions. I think that's just not a place for such big generalisations.

...Nice!

I humbly respect your opinion. I reserve my "right" to express my opinion, which I did a mighty fine job at "simply" stating. With that said... take it or leave it; love me or hate me...
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 12-13-2009 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post

...Nice!

I humbly respect your opinion. I reserve my "right" to express my opinion, which I did a mighty fine job at "simply" stating. With that said... take it or leave it; love me or hate me...
    i can prove your opinion is wrong generalisation in one sentence; My family friend who killed herself said to few people before she will, and to her parents even, she was INFP by the book.

some INFPs will, and some wont talk about it before. That's all i'm saying.

A window to the soul

i can prove your opinion is wrong generalisation in one sentence; My family friend who killed herself said to few people before she will, and to her parents even, she was INFP by the book.

some INFPs will, and some wont talk about it before. That's all i'm saying.
    Point well taken. I'm sorry to hear about your friend.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 12-13-2009 at 08:58 PM.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

This is true. I think it's counterproductive to assume that people who share those thoughts and feelings are just borderline personality disorder attention whores. It's not always clear cut either; the attention getting behavior to see if people still care about you isn't necessarily meant to jerk others around. If your gut (Fi) is screaming at you you that people think you are an idiotic, worthless burden, but something else (a more reasonable function?) reminds you that there were times where others *appeared* to care, it's natural to try to test it to see if your life really is meaningless enough to end.

I've cut to get attention (when I was a preteen) and have attempted suicide without telling anyone beforehand. I know this is only my own experience as an INFP, but I'll try to explain. I almost always self-isolate and withdraw when I spiral into depression. The further I slip away from people and stop calling/etc, the more *they* feel rejected and/or the more they try to respect the space they think I need. But I can't tell you how impossible it is at these points for me to see that I reject them first: it just seems more and more likely that I'm unloved. I lose friends. This is very draining (even if it is extremely low-key externally - I emote far more here than IRL) and disheartening. It's hard to ask for help not only because I often don't feel worthy of the bother at these points, but because I'm worried about wearing out the good graces and patience of those around me.

Regarding both the "Fi says it's the right thing to do" by suicide vs. the selfish violation of principles suicide:

The "viability" of the option isn't a black and white issue all the time. Fi can tell you that it's right not to be a burden on loved ones and deadweight in society while also telling you that it's not right to leave them with the responsibility of spending time and money on moving your stuff, finding a new roommate, arranging your funeral and burial, etc. Cancerous Fi can't make a "right" choice in this case. It can also be conflicting when deciding whether to ask for help; telling someone is what you would want your loved ones to do and you don't want to be a hypocrite, but saying something puts a heavy burden on the listener. Fi doesn't give a clear answer here.

I stopped posing for about 6 months and I promised myself that I wouldn't start posting again unless I could get rid of the emo talk. But I saw this thread and I felt I had to say something about a topic that is personal to me and that I feel is misunderstood. I'm just being honest and I hope it's not too much.
    Last edited by BlueSprout; 12-12-2009 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Because I mean 'borderline personality disorder' not 'bipolar disorder'

Oh yes. When I was on hepatitis c treatment (72 weeks, from 09-28-07 to 02-13-09), and afterwards, when I was weening myself off of and then finally quitting the methadone I took to endure the pain of treatment, I thought about suicide on a daily basis--and, given that every month I picked up almost 2 grams of methadone and 1 gram of temazepam, I certainly had the means for a swift and painless death.

I still, quite frankly, find it very difficult to comprehend that experience, or how I was able to endure it...

So glad it is behind me.

Hepatitis C can take toll on sufferers | Body and Mind - - PennLive.com

“I stood in Penney’s thinking, ‘I don’t know why I’m here. I don’t
    want to be standing up.’ I didn’t want to be alive,”...“You
    just felt like the most severe case of flu a human being can have and
    still be alive.”...“Every three to four days I prayed I would die and wouldn’t have to
    deal with it any more. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.”...

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

I've experienced suicidal ideation once, I was 28. My marriage was on the rocks, among a myriad of other problems and I had no family/friend support system. My wife was none the wiser to my thoughts, nor was anyone else for that matter. I had reached the planning stages of my suicide when I had a powerful epiphany (self preservation instinct sparked Ni?). I reached through my shadow and found myself that day (massive amounts of Si activity as my entire life was put into perspective vs. this new self image paradigm) and would later go on to experience the happiest and most productive three years of my life.

I wouldn't use "the suicide game" as a cry for help/attention as I have a voice for that.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft