User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 58

  1. #11
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Regardless of INFPs snuffing themselves or no...more importantly…"suicide as a viable option"…is it just an interesting/awkward wording or is it an oxymoron?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  2. #12
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I've known several people who have committed or attempted suicide, and I assure you they are not (or weren't) all INFPs.

    The "suicide game" is actually a symptom of borderline personality disorder. Or perhaps clinical depression or bipolar disorder.

    I find this post offensive.

  3. #13
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I'd also like to add that suicide is considered a sensible option in some cultures, particularly if one is enduring extreme physical suffering with no way out.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Lambchop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    235

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I disagree...I think if an INFP has suicidal feelings, they are not likely to express them. Statistics show INFPs the most likely to commit suicide. However reliable those numbers are, I think it supports a tendency to not reveal plans ahead of time...

    The ones IRL I have seen make dramatic threats of suicide have always been, without fail, ExFPs.

    Oh, but INFPs often do have a fascination with morbid things...just as much as we are fascinated by beauty and goodness. Both sides show up in our writings/art/musings.

    Personally, suicide is never an option. It violates my high value of human life, which includes my own life. However unhappy life is at times, there's always small things I enjoy, even if they just serve as distractions.
    The fascination with morbid things is soo true! My INFP is a writer and will often show me short stories that he's written. I LOVE reading them, but damn..can they get morbid! A few of them have made me feel depressed and suicidal after reading them! In fact, he just wrote one about a girl who committed suicide, come to think of it. It's funny how you can be so optimistic and fun...and yet so MORBID sometimes.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Phoenix_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Definitely love the morbid stuff here. Poe anyone? I can be a goofball, but I'm very much at home with my dark, sarcastic sense of humor.

    Had extreme suicidal thoughts in my teens. Never made an actual attempt, but there were a couple of close calls. I'd say I woke every morning pissed off that I woke up from about 13-16/17 years old. Then my stubborn streak kicked in and I decided I wasn't gonna let life beat me.

    I talk about it some now and certain family members I've talked to and friends from back then have told me they never knew I felt that way. Whether that was because I was so good at hiding it or they were just too wrapped up in their own problems remains to be seen.

    Question: I was always called the "level-headed one" that everyone came to for advice growing up, which I find funny 'cause I always felt like I was losing my mind back then. Anyone else experience this?
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

    "We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #16
    Senior Member Lacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    401

    Default

    No, I've never considered suicide. During the worst time I've had in my life, I knew that all the crap I was going through wasn't permanent. I just had to get though each day and it would be over eventually. It took almost 3 years, which was a lot longer than I expected, but I still NEVER considered taking my own life.
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I find this post offensive.
    I wasn't offended, but it definitely made me :rolli:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    Question: I was always called the "level-headed one" that everyone came to for advice growing up, which I find funny 'cause I always felt like I was losing my mind back then. Anyone else experience this?
    Yep. I guess I'm good at hiding things, because even at the deepest point of my depression, I had people tell me I was "the most calm and peaceful person". ahah ahah Even now it makes me laugh because I'm pretty anxiety-prone.

  7. #17
    lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    2,170

    Default

    You have to be in a really bad place to commit suicide. To contemplate suicide, is to think there are no other options, that it won't pass. Trust me, I've been there, and while I've lived to tell the tale, others are not so lucky.
    It's not a matter telling some one to cheer up. Don't you think they would if they could.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    224

    Default

    I'm not reading this thread, not. I'm sick of stupid posts about suicide and a few other topics. If you really want to commit suicide, who gives a shit. I've been on the other side of someone's empty-headed threats and to be perfectly honest and it wasn't a whole lot of fun if you know what I mean. So I really don't care about this topic anymore. Enough said.

  9. #19
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    ^^^^well you heard the new dude...the party is over.

    Lets pick up are razors, pistolas and nooses and find somewhere else where we can get emo about snuffing ourselves. First no blowjob thread then no suicide…whats the world coming too. Shucks, publically contemplating suicide is almost as difficult as smoking cigarettes in public nowadays.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  10. #20
    Senior Member Phoenix_400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    ^^^^well you heard the new dude...the party is over.

    Lets pick up are razors, pistolas and nooses and find somewhere else where we can get emo about snuffing ourselves. First no blowjob thread then no suicide…whats the world coming too. Shucks, publically contemplating suicide is almost as difficult as smoking cigarettes in public nowadays.
    Yeah, I mean its not like talking about it and sharing experiences actually helps people or anything. That's just ridiculous.

    *begins tying noose and looking for the sturdiest rafter*
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

    "We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] INFPs, help! One of you is ruining ENTP´s non-existing feelings!
    By Roadkill in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-22-2016, 08:07 AM
  2. Do any of you have experience with Arrowsmith schools?
    By fidelia in forum Academics and Careers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 09:27 PM
  3. [NF] Have any of you NF males mistaken yourselves for gay?
    By Elfboy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO