User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default IFP and INJ children

I'm curious which description of childhood experience INFP's and INFJ's relate to:

IFP children

INJ children
    "We don't see things as they are,
    we see things as we are."
    ...Anais Nin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

predictably, i fell somewhere in the middle.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

INJ came close, but I reread the IFP one and it was a lot closer.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was very clearly on the INJ side... I hardly related to the IFP portrait at all.

MBTI
    INTJ

I am INTJ, so this may be a little OT, but I have known this INJ description for a long time, and I have often referred to it, because it was perfectly me as a kid.

I fell in the middle as well.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

mmm yeah i also feel like i fell in the middle, but maybe a bit closer to the INP side.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    Infx

INJ was probably closer, but I can relate to a lot of both. I had a rather rough childhood with personality though, seeing as I had (I'm pretty sure) an INTx father who wanted me to be and think just like him, so my actions were guided by his rules and expectations and my fear of him, rather than my natural tendencies.

I find it really amusing that I always said our problems really began when I turned 13, and according to those profiles that's when I would have picked up the F that conflicted with his T!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Middle.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Totally OT since I'm an INTP and speaking solely for the ITP part, but I found the description for ITP fairly accurate for me. The main point I didn't agree with was "and are irritated by exaggerations and half-truths"--I understood what people meant when they exaggerated for the most part. I also wasn't much of a risk taker at all, my (most likely) IS*J parents sorta set a non-risk-taking example which I picked up on very early and kept as a basic tenet.

I will have to agree with "They enjoy books" although the type I usually read were technical in nature... my father would buy me really old TIME books about space and astronauts and chemistry, energy and the like. I would also spend a lot of time reading and re-reading instruction manuals for our electronics equipment... it fascinated me for some odd reason. I enjoyed playing with electronics, and my parents bought me a $20 "30-in-1 Electronics Project Kit" from radioshack which amused me quite a bit, although I couldn't understand the theory behind most of it.

It says kids typically develop the "missing letter" around age 13 or so. I guess that's fairly accurate... before age 12 or so I joined many of my neighbors and friends in more ISTP-like adventures but I was always lacking some of the fine skill and ease of learning that my friends had. Around age 12-13 I got my first computer, which I couldn't do anything with besides program (in BASIC). From there on I ended up taking to the mathematics and theory behind programming quite a bit, and spent countless hours playing with the computer, which ended up shutting out most of my neighbors and pretty much terminated most of my outdoor adventures and playtime, and I found myself associating more with people at school who enjoyed speculating about wild things for fun (like space travel, star trek stuff and the like--it was usually me and my INFP friend dreaming up crazy ideas and drawing them on paper, making up stories about them, etc.). High school was more of the same.