User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Hey, thanks for the links, by the way. I've seen that site before, but must have missed that section. Very interesting stuff...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

this is a greatly helpful reading. apart from their actual behavior descriptions, following a sense of the developmental model they put into place and using the cognitive function understandings floating around make a lot of sense to me. i find it very helpful for accurate typing as well. the new project is always the best and most interesting, etc.

it's really valuable to me to get a sense of the shared inj roots. no wonder i hit it off with intjs so well. subspecies and so on.

also it explains middle school, high school, and college. development of new functions tied to life experiences, cultivation of cognitive skills, personality integration and balancing, etc.

MBTI
    INFP

The IFP description is almost exactly what I was like as a child.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

yeah I'm a mix of both for sure with maybe a slight lean towards the inj child portrait

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    (But I did ask "why?" alot as a younger child; for which I unfortunately was punished.)

I would ask "why" questions a lot too - why couldn't I play at someone's house, why do we have to go to bed at 7 - my father would say, "Because I said so, that's why". And that was that. Or else.

Assertiveness became a huge challenge for me. Still can be hard.

IFP is closer, but I always feel annoyed at the emphasis on the supposed IFP lack of logic / objectivity in these descriptions. I may have strong emotions, but I have relied on the use of logic all my life, as a child too. Why does having feelings somehow = a lack of logical capability?

I can read / perceive the stated / implied meanings clearly. I don't think an INFP wrote this description, for sure.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah the stereotypes of IFPs being bad at using logic in general really REALLY make me angry. It's just stupid in general, why would anyone accuse two personality types at just basically being stupid? Do the EFJs get the same treatment with inferior Ti? I don't see that as much on the web as the IFP inferior Te being bashed.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I agree blackcat, I think it stems from a general fear of emotions, and does our present society really teach people how to channel their emotional energy effectively? Show them how to get in touch with it? Nope.

And re-reading my post above, I am passionately revealing my thoughts on the topic. There seems to be a general derision towards being a sensitive, emotional person in our world.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My Te isn't bad... really. But it's touchy. This subject is touchy. I've gotten in COUNTLESS arguments with people over inferior Te... I'd say most people are biased due to really bad type profiles saying that we are bad with logical reasoning. Agreed on the fear of emotions thing.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I am touchy on that too ... inferior Te seems like a bigger bash against someone than inferior F. People with Fi / Fe as inferior functions seem to generally shrug emotions off as unimportant; strange because I certainly don't think Te is unimportant. Perhaps as we grow up, our societal / school structure requires the development of critical thinking, and therefore we (IFP's) are forced to gain a certain competency. And we can sense how it is valued, so we assign it a high value too.

But ya, it really fires me up to imply I can't be logical just because I have EMOTIONS too ...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I never appreciated the implication that IFPs were illogical either, but mostly because it doesn't really make sense. I mean, INFPs are in general very smart by the typical standards, and I just don't see how they could accomplish that with a significant logic deficiency.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness