• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] What job do you think I'm suited to? (noigmn)

What job am I (noigmn) most suited to?

• Consulting

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Journalism

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Engineering

• Physics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockstar

• Prostitution

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • other (please specify)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I am currently deciding on jobs and would be interested to know external opinions of what I'd be suited to. If it is possible to get an idea of that from TC posting.

I have added some bonus options in the poll to entertain those who have no idea :).

The options I am looking at and my weaknesses in areas are:

- Consulting (I don't have much management experience but lots of problem solving experience and working with people from teaching)
- Journalism (I love writing, I love figuring out issues, I love being out of the office, I have no experience in the arts)
- Engineering (I like the problem solving and ideas, not so much the office work and repetition (I'm qualified))
- Physics (Love theories and problem solving, don't like reading technical stuff, referencing and being strictly logical. Need more people interaction.)
- Rockstar (I can't play music very well, but would love it as a career. Getting off my ass and getting some guitar lessons might make it an option.)
- Prostitution (May relieve the sexual frustration of being single for so long. Might get STDs.)
- Other (anything else you think is better than these options)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think you're best suited for Prostitution...

P

Phantonym

Based on this, I'd say either get some management experience in consulting or take up journalism. Your statements about how you "love" it, are an indication that it might be the closest to you heart. Go with your heart. :)

Keep up the interest in engineering and physics. If you decide to concentrate more on journalism, you can definitely use the knowledge you have in them.

Guitar lessons sound like an excellent hobby.

Prostitution... :rofl1: Well, whatever rocks your boat.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENFP huh? Try psychiatry if your interested in the minds of people.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never seen an ENFP go wrong with any form of journalism. You'll go crazy if you get into a science.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never seen an ENFP go wrong with any form of journalism. You'll go crazy if you get into a science.

really? and you know several or what? how is that possible? maybe i should do that...it never occurred to me.

i was going to say rockstar for sure...after you learn the guitar of course. :)

good luck with it. :smile:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I've never seen a male ENFP go wrong with any form of prostitution.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA

I'm in science (physics) at the moment, also qualified in Engineering (electrical). Hence the change of field.

The thought of even working in there again makes me start to avoid stuff. I feel less and less myself and sort of go off the rails. I'm quite good at them though, so get pushed and pulled in that direction by others while I try to figure what I'm doing instead. There's sort of this thing that because I can fix anything technical and am good at maths, I belong there. It isn't fulfilling though. Only thing I like in it is the ideas and problem solving. Most of it is analysis and research, which I'd prefer to do on people.

I got some pretty strange looks from people when I said I was moving to something new though. Many thought I'd just lost confidence in myself or my ability in the area.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ever considered combo's? Becoming a consultant in one of your other interests, I mean..it would give you that people interaction/helping thing we crave as well as allow you to use your expertise in a field you enjoy ;)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
At the moment, I really want to learn more about writing and get into that area, but I also want enough money to work on music stuff. Journalism=1.5 years more study and working to just get by. Consulting=well off and gaining management skills which will set me up for the future. One chases a dream, the other gives me maybe the last block in achieving the comfortable life.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Use one to get to the other...that's how I do it :ninja:

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
:). I was thinking about a year in consulting to get money then going journalism if I'm still into it. I'm lacking a bit of creds for my course application for Journalism still and it is due on the 10th. The idea of doing freelance or investigative journalism really appeals to me though. Write articles, take my camera. Look at major issues that are being ignored. Get people to take notice.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Work a year in something you love while working toward something else you love...sounds like win-win ;)

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
I'm in science (physics) at the moment, also qualified in Engineering (electrical). Hence the change of field.

The thought of even working in there again makes me start to avoid stuff. I feel less and less myself and sort of go off the rails. I'm quite good at them though, so get pushed and pulled in that direction by others while I try to figure what I'm doing instead. There's sort of this thing that because I can fix anything technical and am good at maths, I belong there. It isn't fulfilling though. Only thing I like in it is the ideas and problem solving. Most of it is analysis and research, which I'd prefer to do on people.

I can totally understand you...(even if I'm NT), perhaps it's due to shared enneagram type, but people do keep pushing me towards science and maths but I need to be outside and interact with some people, lest becoming miserable...

I personally want to have my consultancy business, so that I can use the central hours of my day to be outside instead of stuck in an office, and work when I decide to...

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
I can totally understand you...(even if I'm NT), perhaps it's due to shared enneagram type, but people do keep pushing me towards science and maths but I need to be outside and interact with some people, lest becoming miserable...

I personally want to have my consultancy business, so that I can use the central hours of my day to be outside instead of stuck in an office, and work when I decide to...

It might just be an extrovert thing. We start by looking outward, so locking us in a room and making us think in isolation doesn't really work. The ENTJs in physics were very interactive with students throughout the day and normally had their doors open to all. It makes sense now, because it is sort of a survival plan. I found they were happiest running around and talking to people and getting things organised. Somewhere in it all they wrote the most good journal articles also. Suppose time management skills are worth a lot.

hermeticdancer

MBTI Type
eNFp
Enneagram
whatever work you can get that you can stand.
be realistic, what can you really do... versus what do you want to do, and then what jobs would hire you. if no one will hire you. work for yourself. Would you rather work for someone else or be self employed?