User Tag List

View Poll Results: What job am I (noigmn) most suited to?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Consulting

1 5.56%
  • Journalism

8 44.44%
  • Engineering

1 5.56%
  • Physics

0 0%
  • Rockstar

1 5.56%
  • Prostitution

5 27.78%
  • other (please specify)

2 11.11%
First 123 Last

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I've never seen an ENFP go wrong with any form of journalism. You'll go crazy if you get into a science.
    I'm in science (physics) at the moment, also qualified in Engineering (electrical). Hence the change of field.

The thought of even working in there again makes me start to avoid stuff. I feel less and less myself and sort of go off the rails. I'm quite good at them though, so get pushed and pulled in that direction by others while I try to figure what I'm doing instead. There's sort of this thing that because I can fix anything technical and am good at maths, I belong there. It isn't fulfilling though. Only thing I like in it is the ideas and problem solving. Most of it is analysis and research, which I'd prefer to do on people.

I got some pretty strange looks from people when I said I was moving to something new though. Many thought I'd just lost confidence in myself or my ability in the area.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Ever considered combo's? Becoming a consultant in one of your other interests, I mean..it would give you that people interaction/helping thing we crave as well as allow you to use your expertise in a field you enjoy
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Good idea!

Hmmm... I think I'd go rockstar consulting .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

At the moment, I really want to learn more about writing and get into that area, but I also want enough money to work on music stuff. Journalism=1.5 years more study and working to just get by. Consulting=well off and gaining management skills which will set me up for the future. One chases a dream, the other gives me maybe the last block in achieving the comfortable life.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Use one to get to the other...that's how I do it
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

. I was thinking about a year in consulting to get money then going journalism if I'm still into it. I'm lacking a bit of creds for my course application for Journalism still and it is due on the 10th. The idea of doing freelance or investigative journalism really appeals to me though. Write articles, take my camera. Look at major issues that are being ignored. Get people to take notice.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Work a year in something you love while working toward something else you love...sounds like win-win
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm in science (physics) at the moment, also qualified in Engineering (electrical). Hence the change of field.

The thought of even working in there again makes me start to avoid stuff. I feel less and less myself and sort of go off the rails. I'm quite good at them though, so get pushed and pulled in that direction by others while I try to figure what I'm doing instead. There's sort of this thing that because I can fix anything technical and am good at maths, I belong there. It isn't fulfilling though. Only thing I like in it is the ideas and problem solving. Most of it is analysis and research, which I'd prefer to do on people.
    I can totally understand you...(even if I'm NT), perhaps it's due to shared enneagram type, but people do keep pushing me towards science and maths but I need to be outside and interact with some people, lest becoming miserable...

I personally want to have my consultancy business, so that I can use the central hours of my day to be outside instead of stuck in an office, and work when I decide to...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I can totally understand you...(even if I'm NT), perhaps it's due to shared enneagram type, but people do keep pushing me towards science and maths but I need to be outside and interact with some people, lest becoming miserable...

I personally want to have my consultancy business, so that I can use the central hours of my day to be outside instead of stuck in an office, and work when I decide to...
    It might just be an extrovert thing. We start by looking outward, so locking us in a room and making us think in isolation doesn't really work. The ENTJs in physics were very interactive with students throughout the day and normally had their doors open to all. It makes sense now, because it is sort of a survival plan. I found they were happiest running around and talking to people and getting things organised. Somewhere in it all they wrote the most good journal articles also. Suppose time management skills are worth a lot.

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

whatever work you can get that you can stand.
    be realistic, what can you really do... versus what do you want to do, and then what jobs would hire you. if no one will hire you. work for yourself. Would you rather work for someone else or be self employed?