User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: INFPs

Default INFPs

How are INFPs in romantic relationships? Which type have you found suited you best?

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm in the early stages of a relationship with an INFP, so I'm not even in the slightest bit objective. But lovely lovely lovely lovely

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I lack the necessary experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I don't have much long term relationship experience, but my best connections have been made with ENFJs and INTPs, although most of those were just friends. I could see myself in a romantic relationship with that type, just based on the general dynamics I experienced. I've casually dated a few INTJs, and I wasn't feeling much connection.

Generally, I hate dating; I take a long time to "warm up" to people and be myself, I am hard to get to know, I rarely initiate, and I don't connect with or relate to most people. When an INFP finds someone they really, really like, they supposedly latch on, and I can see why. It's hard to find those people. I find myself doing much more rejecting than being rejected....which also leaves me with some strange sense of guilt, and a lot of frustration.

Quite honestly, I don't think I am high maintenance. I need a lot of alone time and independence, which also gives my partner a lot of space. I'm pretty easy-going and up for most anything (as long as it doesn't violate an important value of mine). I'm not demanding of time or money. All I really want is quality time, affection, emotional/mental/physical connection, and loyalty/commitment. I have other preferences, but that's what I seek to get out of a relationship.

Some long posts I made related to INFP dating/romantic behavior:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post857028

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post800087
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP

Was married for nearly 22 years to an ENTJ. We INFPs can do all right.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Can't we all just vote you to be official INFP spokesperson and get it over with? You're too good at this. Some very astute obsevations you have there and so articulately expressed. I especially like that you can cut through the crap so well (ie. the myths and misinterpretations of our behaviour).

Do you have superhuman Fi or something?

OK, back to the task at hand. I guess I like ENFJs most - they tend to satisfy my 'criteria' more than any others.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I find myself doing much more rejecting than being rejected....which also leaves me with some strange sense of guilt, and a lot of frustration.
    +100%

My mood isn't any better since I have just come back from a date where I kinda rejected somebody.

Sometimes I don't get it - mind says OK, but still the heart...

OrangeAppled u r so right - it's very frustraiting.
    Hot-hearted head

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Females typically do more rejecting than being rejected. Probably one of the few normal things about INFPs I guess...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

check out discussion at infpGC, though personally I think much of that fi from "less developed" INFP's...

without going into specific titles, I will say having read several books on MBTI and relationships INFP's are generally very well regarded and appreciated by their partners

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Can't we all just vote you to be official INFP spokesperson and get it over with? You're too good at this. Some very astute obsevations you have there and so articulately expressed. I especially like that you can cut through the crap so well (ie. the myths and misinterpretations of our behaviour).

Do you have superhuman Fi or something?
    But I need posts to relate to also

You just need to post more...I like your posts a lot also (and you're more concise than me).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe