• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's are PARANOID! Hahahaha...um...

HeavyMetal

MBTI Type
ixxj
Those are UNhealthy ENFps. Not every ENFp. Equivalently, an unhealthy ENTp may be prone to compulsory narcissism, but definitely not a healthy one.

qazzaq

MBTI Type
ENFP
There is more than a bit of truth to this.
The Vigilance found in ENFP'S is a kind of paranoia ....a fear of what could happen, what danger lurks in the darkness .
That's really why we want to be liked ..because when people like you,...
they don't want to hurt you ..and therefore no danger.

I remember when I had an arch enemy once (all over a misunderstanding) ..and couldn't sleep thinking about it for days. turns out,.. in the end,.. he didn't want to kick my ass after all ...he had completely forgotten about the misunderstanding cause he was too drunk at the time. :shock:

It doesn't help that we are very aware of our surroundings/environment at all times either. That's why some ENFP's turn to alcohol ...to numb the senses.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The Vigilance found in ENFP'S is a kind of paranoia ....a fear of what could happen, what danger lurks in the darkness .

That hits it on the head! I don't think this is the ONLY reason we want to befriend people or necessarily the main reason. At least for me, I just genuinely people and like the warm fuzzies. :smile:

But, yeah, that's kind of the 'dark undercurrent' motivating us.

I used to be VERY paranoid where I would take one little scenario ex. woman cuts me off in line or roommate has left dishes in sink too long for the nth time. And then that inocuous spark would spiral into these hugely dramatic over the top worst case scenarios with court cases, maimimg, injury, family blood feuds spanning generations. I mean seriously. WTF. I needed to get a grip. My paranoia also led me to be almost neurotically secretive about myself and hide my 'real' personality and likes and dislikes from coworkers and acquaintances.

Now? I'm way over it. Though I still deal with the vetiges of that once big problem. I'm not like that anymore mostly because I got to a point I didn't care and I am more assertive and less likely second guess myself.

BUT -- this is why I'm a huge fan of cognitive therapy. I've never had it (or any other kind of therapy) but I think for ENFP's whose "irrationality" and phobias stem from deep within i.e their MBTI personality type that retraining actions and thought patterns is the only way to go.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
This has to be the top reason of how an ENFP can make me wish to strange the living daylights out of them. So much observation and so little rational thought put into it.

The way I figure it ENFPs tend to have a great capacity for rational thinking, it's just beaten the sh*** out of at a very early age and always quakes in fear as soon as the big bad F starts to strut it's stuff.

The number of conversations I've had with that kind of person where they can see the rational conclusion, the path to it, why it's the best option and everything but are still arguing with themselves because it's not the answer they wanted.

ENFPs, paranoid? Nah you've got to be kidding.

Oh and they breathe too.

:smile:

shen

MBTI Type
ENFP

thats so spot on for me.:hug: i was wondering what the reason was....
cos i dont use people i couldnt figure out why i like people liking me, its not that i think...arr they good for this or that, more like well i wont end up in a fight with them..... so yeh spot on there:nice:

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
The number of conversations I've had with that kind of person where they can see the rational conclusion, the path to it, why it's the best option and everything but are still arguing with themselves because it's not the answer they wanted.
:smile:

HAHAHA -- spoken like a true T.

This drives my ISTJ friend CRAZY. She just resigns herself to the fact that I rationalize whatever I want,am completely unmoved by her logic, and basically make no sense. My IXXP brother just says I'm "retarded".

That's why we're so g'dmed loveable.

:D

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
it's hard not to have an ego when everyone loves you!
MM, been there, done that. I didn't find it entirely satisfactory but it was a great to experience once in a lifetime. Hope you won't discover (or care) that the ones loving you are numbnuts.

Meanwhile, it may help to keep your ego in check that your wonderful situation and the expression of it does nothing to establish your worth in my eyes, or other people who just simply hear it, instead of experience it.

You are invited to make yourself lovable in here, tho :D

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
:p
No, I realized a very long time ago that the most of my friends are morons. They have so many issues and love to do things I don't. It is a pain in my arse sometimes.

That being said however, I do not love being an ENFP right now. It hurts too much, too many emotions.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Are you and findthejake having a competition in self-conceitedness?

Hm...I don't know Jake are we? 'Cause if we are, I'm prepared to bring out the big guns!

In answer though:

I wan't being conceited, I was being tongue-in-cheek. I thought the smiley face gave it away --> :D

Smiley faces, Sanntu, SMILEY FACES!!

Hahahah.

Good morning everyone.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Here's a question for ENFPs (seeing as you're congregating here).

Don't you ever think that you wind yourselves up and that's why you tend to swing like a manic depressive on a noose?

(Disclaimer :- Overstatement included for dramatic effect and should not be read as an honest interpretation on real life. :) )

brazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I feel like that does happen to me. I keep everything in generally, and I want others to see it. In order for others to "see it", I just shut myself off. I WANT them to care, but when they indicate they do, I brush them off to the point that they think I just want to be alone.

And then they leave me alone and I get frustrated that no one cares and somehow, in some manner, I lash out and let it all go. Sometimes I argue with someone who's related to the problem or I just rant at someone else or I take it out in some other way.

Not very healthy, I know.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hm...I don't know Jake are we? 'Cause if we are, I'm prepared to bring out the big guns!

In answer though:

I wan't being conceited, I was being tongue-in-cheek. I thought the smiley face gave it away --> :D

Smiley faces, Sanntu, SMILEY FACES!!

Hahahah.

Good morning everyone.
Yes, and I was being deadpan :D
I was not 100% sure of the joke tho, but I gave it a chance (and did my deadpan line). Seriously, you can be lovable and you probably are. It's just that people think that some merits go away when you say them outloud. One very smart (my level, +3 std devs higher than average) lady looked upon me once and asked, "do you think it's a smart thing to say you're smart?"

And I could tell the social structures, teaching and all going behind that statement. SHe expected that smarts would play out as a behaviour that would maximize one's egalitarian image in a situation that she expected to ask for egalitarian attitudes. Yet that was only her interpretation based on her values. Well.

I think the lovability is in the same league. I was joking; yet there was serious point. It may go away when advertised. How volatile, isn't it?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I can see that. I mean whenever someone tells me they are the boss I immediately think less of them, the same goes for when someone says they are smart or attractive.

I mostly say these things as like a defense mechanism. I know what me saying them does to your impression of me, it makes you love me less, therefore I have less to live up to!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
totally prone to paranoia...worst case scenario things...it's like my mind just cannot shut off so it will just play out any thing for fun...i need sedatives.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yep, me too. In 99% of the cases, my mind plays out all sorts of crazy trajectories and then rationality hits and I can calm myself down pretty easily. Also turning Te on full force helps distinguish the paranoia from situations where fear should be induced (we're so trusting sometimes that the opposite isn't helpful either).

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
paranoia, check :coffee:

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INTP's are prone to being paranoid.I have the PD.