User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Are you and findthejake having a competition in self-conceitedness?
    Hm...I don't know Jake are we? 'Cause if we are, I'm prepared to bring out the big guns!

In answer though:

I wan't being conceited, I was being tongue-in-cheek. I thought the smiley face gave it away -->

Smiley faces, Sanntu, SMILEY FACES!!

Hahahah.

Good morning everyone.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Here's a question for ENFPs (seeing as you're congregating here).

Don't you ever think that you wind yourselves up and that's why you tend to swing like a manic depressive on a noose?

(Disclaimer :- Overstatement included for dramatic effect and should not be read as an honest interpretation on real life. )
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP

I feel like that does happen to me. I keep everything in generally, and I want others to see it. In order for others to "see it", I just shut myself off. I WANT them to care, but when they indicate they do, I brush them off to the point that they think I just want to be alone.

And then they leave me alone and I get frustrated that no one cares and somehow, in some manner, I lash out and let it all go. Sometimes I argue with someone who's related to the problem or I just rant at someone else or I take it out in some other way.

Not very healthy, I know.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Hm...I don't know Jake are we? 'Cause if we are, I'm prepared to bring out the big guns!

In answer though:

I wan't being conceited, I was being tongue-in-cheek. I thought the smiley face gave it away -->

Smiley faces, Sanntu, SMILEY FACES!!

Hahahah.

Good morning everyone.
    Yes, and I was being deadpan
    I was not 100% sure of the joke tho, but I gave it a chance (and did my deadpan line). Seriously, you can be lovable and you probably are. It's just that people think that some merits go away when you say them outloud. One very smart (my level, +3 std devs higher than average) lady looked upon me once and asked, "do you think it's a smart thing to say you're smart?"

And I could tell the social structures, teaching and all going behind that statement. SHe expected that smarts would play out as a behaviour that would maximize one's egalitarian image in a situation that she expected to ask for egalitarian attitudes. Yet that was only her interpretation based on her values. Well.

I think the lovability is in the same league. I was joking; yet there was serious point. It may go away when advertised. How volatile, isn't it?

I can see that. I mean whenever someone tells me they are the boss I immediately think less of them, the same goes for when someone says they are smart or attractive.

I mostly say these things as like a defense mechanism. I know what me saying them does to your impression of me, it makes you love me less, therefore I have less to live up to!

ENFJs are often paranoid. NJ types are paranoid.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

totally prone to paranoia...worst case scenario things...it's like my mind just cannot shut off so it will just play out any thing for fun...i need sedatives.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Yep, me too. In 99% of the cases, my mind plays out all sorts of crazy trajectories and then rationality hits and I can calm myself down pretty easily. Also turning Te on full force helps distinguish the paranoia from situations where fear should be induced (we're so trusting sometimes that the opposite isn't helpful either).

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

paranoia, check
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Banned
    MBTI
    type
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFP

INTP's are prone to being paranoid.I have the PD.