User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ixxj

Those are UNhealthy ENFps. Not every ENFp. Equivalently, an unhealthy ENTp may be prone to compulsory narcissism, but definitely not a healthy one.

MBTI
    ENFP

There is more than a bit of truth to this.
    The Vigilance found in ENFP'S is a kind of paranoia ....a fear of what could happen, what danger lurks in the darkness .
    That's really why we want to be liked ..because when people like you,...
    they don't want to hurt you ..and therefore no danger.

I remember when I had an arch enemy once (all over a misunderstanding) ..and couldn't sleep thinking about it for days. turns out,.. in the end,.. he didn't want to kick my ass after all ...he had completely forgotten about the misunderstanding cause he was too drunk at the time.

It doesn't help that we are very aware of our surroundings/environment at all times either. That's why some ENFP's turn to alcohol ...to numb the senses.
    ENFP

Sorry, my spelling and grammar are horrible.
    without the spell check , I'd be lost.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by qazzaq View Post
    The Vigilance found in ENFP'S is a kind of paranoia ....a fear of what could happen, what danger lurks in the darkness .
    That hits it on the head! I don't think this is the ONLY reason we want to befriend people or necessarily the main reason. At least for me, I just genuinely people and like the warm fuzzies.

But, yeah, that's kind of the 'dark undercurrent' motivating us.

I used to be VERY paranoid where I would take one little scenario ex. woman cuts me off in line or roommate has left dishes in sink too long for the nth time. And then that inocuous spark would spiral into these hugely dramatic over the top worst case scenarios with court cases, maimimg, injury, family blood feuds spanning generations. I mean seriously. WTF. I needed to get a grip. My paranoia also led me to be almost neurotically secretive about myself and hide my 'real' personality and likes and dislikes from coworkers and acquaintances.

Now? I'm way over it. Though I still deal with the vetiges of that once big problem. I'm not like that anymore mostly because I got to a point I didn't care and I am more assertive and less likely second guess myself.

BUT -- this is why I'm a huge fan of cognitive therapy. I've never had it (or any other kind of therapy) but I think for ENFP's whose "irrationality" and phobias stem from deep within i.e their MBTI personality type that retraining actions and thought patterns is the only way to go.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

This has to be the top reason of how an ENFP can make me wish to strange the living daylights out of them. So much observation and so little rational thought put into it.

The way I figure it ENFPs tend to have a great capacity for rational thinking, it's just beaten the sh*** out of at a very early age and always quakes in fear as soon as the big bad F starts to strut it's stuff.

The number of conversations I've had with that kind of person where they can see the rational conclusion, the path to it, why it's the best option and everything but are still arguing with themselves because it's not the answer they wanted.

ENFPs, paranoid? Nah you've got to be kidding.

Oh and they breathe too.

Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by qazzaq View Post
    thats so spot on for me. i was wondering what the reason was....
    cos i dont use people i couldnt figure out why i like people liking me, its not that i think...arr they good for this or that, more like well i wont end up in a fight with them..... so yeh spot on there

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    The number of conversations I've had with that kind of person where they can see the rational conclusion, the path to it, why it's the best option and everything but are still arguing with themselves because it's not the answer they wanted.
    HAHAHA -- spoken like a true T.

This drives my ISTJ friend CRAZY. She just resigns herself to the fact that I rationalize whatever I want,am completely unmoved by her logic, and basically make no sense. My IXXP brother just says I'm "retarded".

That's why we're so g'dmed loveable.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That's why we're so g'dmed loveable.
    Are you and findthejake having a competition in self-conceitedness?

it's hard not to have an ego when everyone loves you!

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    it's hard not to have an ego when everyone loves you!
    MM, been there, done that. I didn't find it entirely satisfactory but it was a great to experience once in a lifetime. Hope you won't discover (or care) that the ones loving you are numbnuts.

Meanwhile, it may help to keep your ego in check that your wonderful situation and the expression of it does nothing to establish your worth in my eyes, or other people who just simply hear it, instead of experience it.

You are invited to make yourself lovable in here, tho

:P
    No, I realized a very long time ago that the most of my friends are morons. They have so many issues and love to do things I don't. It is a pain in my arse sometimes.

That being said however, I do not love being an ENFP right now. It hurts too much, too many emotions.