User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    yup that is paranoia and I am like that. Also if I just hide away for a while and people that I consider to be friends don't contact me then I get hurt and think why do I bother.

Usually it's in these moments that I drift away and people think it was I who chose to end the friendship when really they weren't there. It's an odd childish thing that I battle, after all it takes 2 to make a friendship

why I can reason it in my mind and still not have it make sense is well odd.
    what about the possibility that you hvae friends who recognize that people tend to gravitate to ENFPs and take up their time, and so, in the interest of allowing their ENFP friend better balance in life and not add to their stress of not accomplishing their commitments, they give them space and let the ENFP make contact? *now is paranoid about her ENFP friend*
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

that could be it but I think it has more to do with my own insecurities and becoming overwhelmed with it all and just needing a break

It's hard b/c as an enfp I find most ppl want advice or help from me and when I am literally crying in tears for help they back away and aren't there I am to be strong for them but don't seem to get it back in return. I am not saying it is reality but it's how it tends to look. See more paranoia
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    ENFP

.....i becom 'noidlike when someone dont call me.....i tend to think ive done something terrible and they dont love me no more, and get dead sad because theres usually something i have done that i think ive done that i know ive done and....and it spirals to something beyond way past before i was born and and and .... i dont call and i get scared and think they hate me and i hibernate and dont walk past their house if the curtains are open.....oh god, then if i'm desperate because i miss i them i call and ask for a tin opener or something to see how bad it really is... targo.....i'm with ya hun

MBTI
    ENFP

oh and it can go on for months if i tink it really bad.....if i think theyre going to laugh at me i emigrate or something....

MBTI
    WOLF

Yeah, I'm sort of with Shen and Targo on this. Recently I learned that a friend simply decided not to call or contact me if at all possible, to see how long it would take me to initiate contact myself. Which made me feel paranoid and unloved. Communication deadlock is probably a problem with ENFPs - I know the aforementioned friend is not the only one who refuses to initiate contact at every single occasion.

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    .....i becom 'noidlike when someone dont call me.....i tend to think ive done something terrible and they dont love me no more, and get dead sad because theres usually something i have done that i think ive done that i know ive done and....and it spirals to something beyond way past before i was born and and and .... i dont call and i get scared and think they hate me and i hibernate and dont walk past their house if the curtains are open.....oh god, then if i'm desperate because i miss i them i call and ask for a tin opener or something to see how bad it really is... targo.....i'm with ya hun

um yeah yeah that is really it

if life is bad and overwhelming it gets out of control..... yes extremely out of control b/c I am already taxed emotionally and I hurt and am very insecure and so I retreat and when I am retreating I hope that someone would see this and reach out and when they do. I thought my friends knew that when I am upset I hide away and i need support but for some reason they don't get this, they don't see that something is wrong and they don't reach out yet I get the feeling that I am suppose to extend that to them. Damn it hurts.....

damn emotions damn damn damn emotions......
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

maybe we are just a bit more selfless than the rest?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by findthejake View Post
    maybe we are just a bit more selfless than the rest?
    i'd buy that, actually. but i do think people should consider those who are consciously avoiding contact with ENFxs simply because they are the types to get swarmed with people. I seriously have avoided ENFJs and ENFPs because all I can think of is "I know if I were in their shoes I would need a break by now. even if I was an extravert"
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    enfp

but you see if I have decided that you're my friend if I have decided that you're important to me then that's that you're important I would stop all for you
    Jung Test Results

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

My dear ENFP friend sometimes feels a little paranoid to me, but we all have our stuff, you know? She can't really help it. That reminds me. I was out the last couple of times she called. She is a busy lady and normally, if I call her she doesn't have time to talk. If she calls me, she can usually talk for an hour or so. She knows if I can't talk, I just don't answer the phone, so we are okay there, but if I miss too many of her calls, she starts to worry that something is wrong between us, so that means I have to call her back even though I know she probably won't be able to talk. It just reassures her that we are okay and she calls me back again when it's convenient. If I don't hear from her for a few weeks I worry about how she is doing, not how we are doing. The dynamic is a little weird, but feels balanced and it works for us.

But yeah, I need to call her tomorrow or she will probably worry.

We've been friends for . . . well, since my boy who is now ten was still nursing, but we haven't seen each other for six or seven years. :sad:
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers