User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Idealists... help!

Hello Idealists!

I've done twelve of the "personified types"... and I'm struck on the last four, especially on INFP. I just don't get those idealists! Please help...

ENFP - okay. I can relate to them, more or less. It helps to have a very ENFP friend. (and I guess it also helps sharing three characteristics.)

ENFJ - how do you combine an idealistic worldview with that orderly decision-taking and neatness I've come to associate with Js? How do you bring it in the open? Do you try to change the world to fit your ideals and if so, how?

INFJ - the same questions as ENFJ. What difference does the introversion make? Are you trying to change yourself instead of the world?

INFP - I can imagine a dark, brooding, depressive INFP - the main villain in my current writing project is one. I can imagine a totally fluffy, optimistic INFP. I think both are stereotypes. What does a real INFP look like? Switching between the two? Somehow combining the two? How do you make an INFP inner world without creating a black hole in it??? (Villain's inner world is almost nothing but a black hole - interspersed with these fantasies that maybe it would come okay with him)

The strangest thing is... I share two (almost three, as I'm but weakly E) characteristics with INFP; and yet I can relate more to my opposite ISFJ...
    I tried to start with my understanding of ENFP, but nothing. INFP would call ENFP "shallow", ENFP would call INFP... what?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Think of the wise woman of a tribe or a shaman. You know, those that have that mysterious all-knowing smile on their face, and are genuinly amused and appreciative of the passion, impatience, ambition and cockiness found in young people. Those that easily join in with childrens games (with no regard for their status or to do list), and have those little lights in their eyes as kids do when they truly enjoy something. Those that observe the fun from a distance and softly smile at all the joy around. Those you feel will never judge you but guide you instead, who you can be vulnerable with and who will comfort you with a simple touch and a kind word, who can calm you down after you've gotten all worked up about something by giving you a single humorous line that changes your entire perspective on the matter... In short: lighthearted, child-like yet wiser than you'll ever know.

That's a mature XNFP imo, and that's what I hope to become some day

As for your question, we're meant to relate our inner world (Fi) to the real world through the use of Ne. If our inner world is too different and too rigid, we'll often feel jaded and disappointed and desillusionned by the world and the people. Something that indeed happens to a lot of us especially when young. If we decide to learn to live with it, we sacrifice who we are. Something most of us don't respond very well to. What's left is merging and redefining, at least, that's what I chose. Others, I've noticed, choose to assert themselves to the real world and keep it firmly seperated from their inner world, letting only few people into their inner sanctum. In other words, their inner world is guarded by a fortress (Te), and you'll have to answer the guards questions and prove your loyalty before being let in. And, when the NFP ventures out of the fortress, they'll do so in full battledress/armor (Te), just in case

As for me, I've found that although people will disappoint you, individuals who you've formed a connection with, rarely will, especially if you take the time to know them well. Then you know what they're like and what to expect. Why they have the flaws they have. How they are humans too, battling life and trying to carve out their path, with their strengths and weaknesses. How could I ever blame someone for...well, being human?

At that point, flaws become beautiful, original, unique and a precious part of that person (though that doesn't mean I agree with the actions tied to these flaws). And that does resonate with my inner world I've learned that my inner world is fragile and that like an elephant in a china cabinet, the real world will wreck it if I let it in without any preparation. Does that mean the elephant is evil? No..it just means it doesn't know any better. Or, maybe it does, but doesn't know how to do better.So me becoming resentful and jaded is kinda pointless. Instead, you can try and teach those elephants that are willing to learn..and you share your world gradually with them. And vice versa. Those elephants tend to teach me that the less than perfect parts of the world stilll have their merit which allows me to adapt my Fi-standards, as said before already. And voila..a succesful merging of two worlds. Easier said than done though.

In essence, that's what I do with those two halfs you described, too. We all have our bad days where we're lonely, annoyed, resentful, impatient, don't have the energy etc. And I also have days where I'm chipper, naive and child-like. Think yin-yang. Use both to balance out the other. On my bad days, I'll smile at myself, and be amused at the fact that I'm in that mood. And realize it will pass. On my naive days, I enjoy being in that mood, but keep an eye out for situations where it could potentionally damage me, and take precautions. Just because I wanna give people/things the benefit of the doubt and believe they are good, nice etc etc, doesn't mean I'll put myself in the line of potential fire..just in case
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I am both the child and the monster while I struggle to function in a jungle of glass and steel. I'm both in the bed and under the bed; equally wishing for the good and the destruction of humanity. I am love, I am pain, I am naive, I am wise; yet in the end all I really know is that I must choose which fence to walk today.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I am both the child and the monster while I struggle to function in a jungle of glass and steel. I'm both in the bed and under the bed; equally wishing for the good and the destruction of humanity. I am love, I am pain, I am naive, I am wise; yet in the end all I really know is that I must choose which fence to walk today.
    Not knowing what you are is the worst part.

Take time to find you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Not knowing what you are is the worst part.

Take time to find you.
    I have to do it part time, it's a long slow process and I need to be able to eat sometimes.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have to do it part time, it's a long slow process and I need to be able to eat sometimes.
    If it was easy we'd all be fonzie's

MBTI
    ENTP

Runvardh, can I use this on my drawing?

I'm unable to come up with something this good. Many thanks to you INFPs!

(Now, where are the ENFJs and INFJs? Still struggling with them...)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Runvardh, can I use this on my drawing?

I'm unable to come up with something this good. Many thanks to you INFPs!

(Now, where are the ENFJs and INFJs? Still struggling with them...)
    As long as other's don't object to the imagery...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

iloveyourun!

..You don't mind if I call you "run," do you?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    iloveyourun!

..You don't mind if I call you "run," do you?
    I suppose I can allow it...

Don't worry, most call me that

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]