User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idealists... help!

9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Think of the wise woman of a tribe or a shaman. You know, those that have that mysterious all-knowing smile on their face, and are genuinly amused and appreciative of the passion, impatience, ambition and cockiness found in young people. Those that easily join in with childrens games (with no regard for their status or to do list), and have those little lights in their eyes as kids do when they truly enjoy something. Those that observe the fun from a distance and softly smile at all the joy around. Those you feel will never judge you but guide you instead, who you can be vulnerable with and who will comfort you with a simple touch and a kind word, who can calm you down after you've gotten all worked up about something by giving you a single humorous line that changes your entire perspective on the matter... In short: lighthearted, child-like yet wiser than you'll ever know.

That's a mature XNFP imo, and that's what I hope to become some day
    aww...loved that. that's my enfp father.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

See Right Through Me Array Bubbles's Avatar

I appear differently to people. Some people see me as this quiet, reserved, aloof person who's too busy thinking to be the life of the party. I've been called "mean" before, because when in that mood I tend towards the sarcastic. o.O

But if you're my friend, you see a totally idealistic person who loves to open up about herself, lets herself be leeched by people in need of emotional support, can be a complete diva and yet a complete wallflower at the same time, doesn't betray you but takes it hard when you betray her.

I only know one other INFP in real life, and tbh I think I'm a lot more extraverted than her. I blame the 4w5 vs 4w3 for that though. But we're both spacy and daydreaming and don't like to rock the boat.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

When I was in my college years, I shoved my idealism onto those around me... holding relatives and friends to my own personal high standards. I learned my lesson later on... My idealism starts with me, personally. I try to live as close to my view of perfection and "truth" as I possibly can be. My goals for an ideal world will hopefully come out through the way I act around others (rubbing off on other people) and through my expression (writing, art, music, etc) that I hope will reach people with my sincere thoughts and feelings.

Thanks! I'm working on the pictures now :-)

I like the "fortress and armor" image... I was trying to picture how my fortress would look like.
    It's a ruin. A very messy one...

Edit: @ Runvardh: in the end, I didn't use your quote literally. I paraphrased a bit, probably adding a great deal of T concreteness to it, but I want those types to be clear about themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post

ENFJ - how do you combine an idealistic worldview with that orderly decision-taking and neatness I've come to associate with Js? How do you bring it in the open? Do you try to change the world to fit your ideals and if so, how?
    Hmm interesting. Well the thing is, it is easy and comfortable to maintain yourself as an ESFJ - yet it is completey and utterly unsatisfying, for me.

The thing about the J, well in my experience, is that I can't stand chaos. I like to control everything. So at times I exist in this self-contradicting state whereby I long to maintain order and tie everything up in neat little bundles, yet my mind writhes in a state of utter philisophical disorder that I love and yet can't handle.

The way I over come this is to delve deeply into the concepts and information that challenge me until I can explain them succinctly to another.
    I love to explain things to others! haha.

I can end up working hard to try and fit the world to my ideals but that is pretty much gonna break a person - its impossible! And that makes me go crazy. So the way I control this is by alienating myself personally from the concept, and yet endeavouring to gain an in depth understanding of it. And I can only really complete this process once I can explain it in full to some one else.

Maybe I'm just crazy. haha

Senior Member Array Phoenix_400's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    INFP - I can imagine a dark, brooding, depressive INFP - the main villain in my current writing project is one. I can imagine a totally fluffy, optimistic INFP. I think both are stereotypes. What does a real INFP look like? Switching between the two? Somehow combining the two? How do you make an INFP inner world without creating a black hole in it??? (Villain's inner world is almost nothing but a black hole - interspersed with these fantasies that maybe it would come okay with him)
    Well, I'm not pure INFP and my cognitive functions are a bit wonky according to tests but...

I am Yin and Yang. The forces of light and dark constantly struggling within me as I try to walk the straight and narrow. I strive to find the balance in my life. To find positive outlets for my negative emotions. To hold true to what I believe, even though it is somewhat off the beaten path.

I have seen some of the worst in people but still want to believe in the best. I will follow my friends through the depths of hell and bring that same hell down upon any who would harm those dear to me.

I identify with the antiheroes in fiction. The dark, mysterious loner. The tortured soul trying to right his wrongs. My favorites, the gruff noir detectives of old.

And now for your viewing pleasure, a little something I wrote after waking up in the middle of the night after a very rough few days:

I am the Hurricane.
    Chaos and destruction
    An unstoppable force
    Nothing shall stand before the power of my wind.
    Tremble as my anger approaches.

I am the Eye of the Hurricane.
    A center of calm in the raging vortex.
    A respite for those caught in the storm.
    Within my walls, you are safe.

I am good.
    And I am evil.
    Two opposing forces
    Wrapped into one
    A Force of Nature.

.....maybe I should stop posting on here after taking my ambien
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf