• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NF's what helps you achieve your ridiculously ambitious ideals?

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
ideally w/out the help of other types since I cannot afford a secretary

2XtremeENFP

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
3w4
focusing on the big picture and how it will ultimately feel better than the situation i'm in the here and now

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Introspection and staying alert for opportunities

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Fighting procrastination...and when that fails, cold pizza.

Hexis

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Taking over the world of course! Every time my plans are foiled cold pizza seems to be the only thing that helps...

nynesneg

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
ideally w/out the help of other types since I cannot afford a secretary
Um... just do it?

Hard to explain. My goals haunt me constantly. I feel such a strong need to achieve them that I will get frustrated, depressed, or emotional over having difficulty getting to my goal far before I get upset over a relationship. (Granted I still love people.) The innate need to get to the person I want to be drives my decisions in everything, my car, my wardrobe, my daily priority list.

Of course there is always procrastination and lethargy. :thinking:
Perhaps if you set yearly goals it would help you progress better?

dani_elle

MBTI Type
ENFP
Flogging. Lots of it.

I don't know if this is odd but I work better with groups of people or outside in a busy environment. Working at home drives me crazy.

Write things down. Otherwise I won't be able to remember anything for nuts. Get a nice (pretty!) organizer so you will be compelled to look at it.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
NF's what helps you achieve your ridiculously ambitious ideals?

Being unaware that there is any difficulty. And the delusional belief that I know what I'm doing.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well, I see the goal and then I make realistic steps to achieving that goal.

Lets make a simple example of having the goal to exercise 30 min a day. If I don't exercise at all, then exercising 30 min a day is very unrealistic. What would be more realistic is for me to do 10 min every other day. When doing 10 min of exercise every other day has becomes second nature, then I make another step towards that goal. I would do 15 min of exercise 5 days of the week. Then I would take the next step and do 20 min a day. I think you get the point now.

Making smaller realistic steps that works towards the ultimate goal is a great way for me to accheave my idealistic goals.

P

Phantonym

I don't think I even have ridiculously ambitious ideals. I think they're perfectly normal, achievable for everybody.

focusing on the big picture and how it will ultimately feel better than the situation i'm in the here and now

+1 Focusing on the future, a steady progress towards that "something", maybe even tunnel vision. Hard work. The whole shebang.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I like the title of this thread.

I agree that it depends what you mean. I always have about 1 million ideas running through my head at the same time.