User Tag List

12 Last

Default When an Fe user verbally rants....

As I understand it Fe is marked by calmness and maintaining a happy outward, teamwork focused attitude with a minimum of negativity.

How stressed on a scale of 1 to 10 is an ESFJ who is outwardly ranting in the workplace? He is normally an awesome guy who is very dedicated and works very hard. Makes very good money and is executive level.

MBTI
    ENFP

extremely stressed- but possibly just physically tired
    Holy sh**t a talking muffin!

All shotguns and lace.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    As I understand it Fe is marked by calmness and maintaining a happy outward, teamwork focused attitude with a minimum of negativity.
    Hmmm? All the Fe users I know are far from calm.

Define what you mean by 'calm'.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Does his outward ranting effect productivity?

I love ranting but if someone is doing it at me while for example if I was working heavy machinery would punch them in the nose.

If its harmless, then let him rant...nothing quiet as relaxing as a good nonsensical rant every now and then, at least for my Fe. He can be shut up, but he will resent it and remember it.

A good rant, can feel like...freedom.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

I rant like crazy given the chance. I have Te!!!

However I was under the assumption that Fe users sort of frowned on this behavior as being impolite or disruptive.

He is not yelling, just being very vocally unhappy and showing how unhappy he is. I guess I thought Fe users didnt show unhappiness typically.

Not effecting productivity in any way as he is not letting his subordinates see it.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    If its harmless, then let him rant...nothing quiet as relaxing as a good nonsensical rant every now and then, at least for my Fe. He can be shut up, but he will resent it and remember it.

A good rant, can feel like...freedom.
    Fe users' ranting, when it's a really angry rant, is a nightmare for Fi doms. We absorb it all, so as the Fe user walk away feeling content after they've shot their load, our mood has been profoundly shattered. It stinks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    Fe users' ranting, when it's a really angry rant, is a nightmare for Fi doms. We absorb it all, so as the Fe user walk away feeling content after they've shot their load, our mood has been profoundly shattered. It stinks.
    I sincerely understand that. In fact this is why on often on the relatively rare instances when I get in a bad mood I avoid loved ones and work sensitive scenarios (unless the emotion can be re channeled for good or even for harmless weirdness).

I don't know about ESFJs (in fact I tend t avoid that type socially), but INTPs such as myself do value harmony.

For example I think a lot of the INTPs at INTPc are a lot different in real life than they are there. The message board acts as a lightning rod for built up and withheld emotions for the sake of harmony. This may explain why a minority type is so heavly represented of all the MBTI message boards. Even I act different when I am there because it is as if one has a license to be unharmonious and I don't take the criticism as hard when I get it there because I too am dishing it out to a degree and it serves a need.

This cartoon is illustrative.
    YouTube - Harry Happy (1963)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

As an Fe, I find it comforting just to make my mood known to those around me. This does tend to be a happy, calm, teamwork oriented mood.

Does any other Fe's out there feel like sometimes other people read too much into the things we say and do?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Yes, sometimes I do.
    Often it feels as if it comes off a bit prudish.
    However the above scenario with the ESFJ seems a bit extreme where an attitude seems to be spilling over into the workplace to the point of general substantial annoyance.
    Feel Fe is nicely balanced when its combined with introversion, at least as to compatibility with coworker boundary issues.

no annoyance. I really like this person. He is very good at what he does and a wonderful human being.

However I am very concerned that if he is expressing his frustration at all, that he may be at the point of leaving my workplace.

I am a huge fan of direct expression, so I in no way fault him for the expression of unhappiness. I am just concerned.