User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Clumsy Much?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default Clumsy Much?

I've got serious problems with knocking stuff over. I mean, I am 6'5" and I do have exceptionally long arms, but honestly, whenever I'm in my Te/Si friend's house, I find some way to knock something over. In my defense, last night I wasn't the only one, and the room was reconfigured, but I'm driving him nuts and I don't take well to bursts of OCD anger.

I guess I need some reassurance here...do all Ns start of life as clumsy, or is it just me that lacks physical self-awareness? How do I obtain this awareness? Does my tertiary Se account for that, or does one need Si to be coordinated.

I'm doomed. Yup. I'm doomed.
    --Fuzzy
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFJ

I can be very clumsy.

I knocked my head against something at work, today.

Phantonym

If my mind happens to be in space-mode I wouldn't even notice if I knocked something over or bumped into something or someone. But overall, I have quite a good perception about my surroundings even if I don't pay that much attention to it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Yea, I walked into a lamp post before because I wasn't paying attention to where I was going.
    I ignore the obvious quite a bit.

Oh yes. Just remembered. I dropped my phone over 50 times in the last 3 months. Glad I have a phone that never breaks.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    If my mind happens to be in space-mode I wouldn't even notice if I knocked something over or bumped into something or someone. But overall, I have quite a good perception about my surroundings even if I don't pay that much attention to it.
    I don't know much about MBTI, at the moment to explain how the functions work, but yeah I happened to be in that space-mode and my job requires me to be aware of things 'cause I'm a barista.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    ....do all Ns start of life as clumsy, or is it just me that lacks physical self-awareness? How do I obtain this awareness? Does my tertiary Se account for that, or does one need Si to be coordinated.
    you just need practice doing stuff... screw function use.

N's might be at a disadvantage navigating and responding to the needs of a concrete world because they live in a world that does not exist concretely.

S kids live in that world every day and learn it quickly, N's are off daydreaming or speculating much more. IOW, S kids practice all the time, N kids need more experience navigating in that world.

.... as far as I go, I have pretty marvelous reflexes (I routinely catch things that fall off shelves or that people drop, before I'm even aware my body has moved), and after years of practicing, I can play the piano well (I have good rhythm and digital coordination); but in terms of doing more complicated body movements instinctive, I have trouble getting good at things like dancing, swinging thing well (bats, golf clubs, etc). I'm not awful at those things but I find I have to work very hard at them if I want to do them, I don't have a good sense of my physical body and how it fits together.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Oh yes.

Since I don't know how to crosspost stuff, I copied this from a blog entry of mine. Hope this helps. Hehe.

"It's always a wonder/shock to see how other people react to my inherent clumsiness. I don't think of it as THAT big a deal, but that's probably because I've always been like this since I started forming sentient thoughts.

You can count on me to break anything whenever I so much as moved a pinkie (in fact, appendages are the worst. They're hooks.) Breaking cups in china stores, knocking over bottles of ketchup in South Supermarket, I've been banned for the past 20 or so years from entering any store that sells breakable items.

And even when I am allowed by my parents to enter one of these stores, I always elicit funny looks from salespeople. That's because I never move once I'm inside. My mom would ask which plate looks good and I point, with my mouth. "That looks good."

In restaurants, the key is to place the salt and pepper shakers as far away from you as possible. Your glass of water should also be distant from your hands. If the table has linen, then be careful whenever you stand up. You might just drag the tablecloth with you.

At home, leave the figurine/fine china cleaning department to other people. In fact, just admire them from afar. When you get your own place, it's best not to invest in any sculpture-type pieces. If you find plates made of wood, then buy them.

When drinking coffee, try to hide your phone/iPod/gadget in your bag and place the bag at least a few feet from you.

Don't lean on walls, unless you like to be covered in paint/ dust.

Don't sit on chairs without wiping them first, preferably with those wet ones kind of tissue paper, especially if you're wearing white (although, who wears white jeans in this decade?).

--------------------------------

Klutz. Yep, that's me. So when I disembark from the stationary bike and my codal (that's law school geek speak for "book"), earphones and iPod all fall to proverbial pieces, don't be shocked. I'm not.

I used to be shocked. Then I just got annoyed, thinking of why all these things happen to me, why I have no foresight when it comes to these things. Now, I just find it funny.

Yeah, when you saw me yesterday at the gym, mildly chuckling, I wasn't going insane.

Just to you know."
    Yes, I take it with no cream and no sugar.

And yes, some of us drink it bitter.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

A little, yeah.

Certainly not Graceful.

MBTI
    ENFP

Try yoga.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

No, not at all. My infp friend is very clumsy tho, its like he has no idea on whats going around him
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read