User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Clumsy Much?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm clumsy! I walk into things and spill drinks all the time!

MBTI
    YaYa

Interesting. Most of you are J.

I would've thought the xNFP would have a harder time with clumsiness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm super clumsy. always knocking into shit because i pay no attention to my surroundings

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram

I'm super clumsy!! It usually draws attention to me, though (yay!), so I just laugh it off with everybody else.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

^Yes, this.

Though in the ESTJs house, that's not really an option as he attempts to hold back the firestorm that is his temper, and I try to hold back the tempest that is my disdain for caring more about items then about the person you are friends with who broke the item.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    Try yoga.
    It really helps
    It improves posture and balance, etc, making you more graceful.

I'm tall-ish and thin and long-limbed, and can feel a bit "noodly" at times, although no one has ever told me that (I think I just feel that way). When my head is in the clouds, then I am prone to knocking things over, dropping things, walking into poles, etc.

When I am alert, I navigate just fine though, but it feels so precise that it makes me self-conscious. I have this inner dialog of every move, and it just feels contrived. I feel more natural when I'm floating a bit through life, but that's also when accidents occur .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I'm a little clumsy, but luckily at 5'4" the amount of damage I can do is limited. It doesn't stop me from scraping my shoulder against doorframes as I pass through them or tripping on my feet though

Just keeping in mind where potential trouble spots in your environment are seems to help.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I am more likely to come off as clumsy when I know, or think, that I am being watched. I get ridiculously self-conscious and forget about the surroundings.

When I'm just walking around, daydreaming, I have sort of an autopilot on, and it's actually pretty good.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

I usually don't recognize when I have a bad grip on something so it slips our of my hands. Thanfully old-school iPod Nanos are unbreakable.

I broke a glass cup before, and it was kind of cool. It slipped out of my hand, the tip of the table, sending it into a spin, it bounced off the floor once, I seriously hoped it would survive, but then it EXPLODED IN MIDAIR. It was awesome even though I barely got out of cleaning the glass up (no one apparently was paying attention when I dropped it so blame couldn't be laid on me)

I also tend to hit my head on things or accidentally having the chair fall when standing up.

When I'm just walking around, daydreaming, I have sort of an autopilot on, and it's actually pretty good.
    Yeah, seems like that for me too.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Depends on how spazzy I am at the moment. If I've spent the last hours thinking about things, studying, not interacting with the real world etc. I can be clumsy, just as you. If I have been interacting with the outside world, I'm fine. I try to obtain everyday my share of physical movement, at least 1h20mins, which facilitates the connection with the sensory realm.

Although, sometimes my mind-body connection is weird. I have some trouble doing certain simple fine-motor movement manual tasks, such as disentagling the wires of my headphones, darts, pool (omg I suck so much at pool, you have no idea). Yet I'm really good at dancing/coordinated and I can pick up sports quickly.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp