Thread: Just Relax

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default Just Relax

istp keeps telling me "just relax."

apparently, i have a problem.

it's true that i feel like i'm always on the go and constantly scanning for connections. i don't know how to turn it off though. i think people mistake it for anxiety.

any suggestions on how to be better at this?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I would take his/her advice and for you to just relax.

But really. If this isn't a problem, then tell him that it isn't and that that's just how you are.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

do you act spazzy or just think too much?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I have the same problem. My problem is I can't stop thinking, and tend to analyze everything and everyone. The only way I can stop thinking is to consciously make myself stop by meditating.

Even then, it takes a good half hour or longer for me to clear my mind up.

Good luck.
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah that's why i asked because i feel like i can get into that never ending ne loop or whatever that is and possibly wear people out...and certainly myself...i would defintely benefit from meditation or sedatives.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Yes, for calming the mind, meditation, for calming the muscles, yoga. Works well in theory, and also in practice if you actually apply it, but I'm usually far too restless to stick with either of these over a period of time.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

[add]: ^ My Ne is a bitch about sitting still, so I only do such every couple of months/weeks. It works though. Kinda like a drug, just nonaddictive for me.

I highly recommend meditating. The first time I did it a couple years ago, I felt like I could think/process information 1000000% better. I have to force myself stop though. Sometimes, I try to think my thoughts only in French (which I know plenty of, but not enough so that my more complex thoughts can be translated). This way, my thoughts can't wonder as they do when I think in English.

Helps me stop thinking
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah it really is hard to stop thinking to meditate...i have been able to but i have to concentrate really hard on a sound...like waves or wind...it is hard though and it takes a long time.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Sometimes, I try to think my thoughts only in French (which I know plenty of, but not enough so that my more complex thoughts can be translated).
    Clever that. I might try it with Greek or Spanish.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah that's why i asked because i feel like i can get into that never ending ne loop or whatever that is and possibly wear people out...and certainly myself...i would defintely benefit from meditation or sedatives.

yeah, i think that's what it is! and, (wow, i was almost going to say... "you know me"--haha), then i feel the verbal vomit. so it's like, not only am i experiencing the loop and crazy feelings, but i have this uncontrollable urge to share it... which, isn't bad all the time... depending on the content. but, the few people i feel like will accept me anyway if i share, get the brunt of it. this can also be damaging because instead of withholding valuable info, i end up disclosing too much and then feeling vulnerable later. (kind of getting on a tangent here, so i am going to stop! -- serves as a good example though!)