• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Just Relax

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes totally! actually there's one person who can say it that doesn't piss me off...but that's it..haha

Rachelinpa

MBTI Type
ENFP
yeah me too...i have to share the revelations or new perspectives...is that what you mean?

yep! i can't keep it to myself. or well, i guess i can, but it's like the very SECOND that i get one... my immediate thought is that i have to share it (especially before i forget it or it isn't as HOT)!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yes totally! actually there's one person who can say it that doesn't piss me off...but that's it..haha

It's usually a man saying it to me and I don't know why. Women just let it ride. If I really DO need to ramp down, I know who means it for the best, and who is simply trying to avoid feeling uncomfortable at a strong show of emotion.

Try to put a cap on this volcano and pay the price when the sides blow out. Sometimes you just have to vent to get past it.

My ISTP best friend used to see me getting jacked up and would let me blow off until I was a little calmer and then drag me out somewhere to destroy something or drive too dratted fast around some twisty roads.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
yeah, i definitely need to work on Fi. it does rein it in cause then i'm more secure. thing is, being extroverted has me not wanting to consider Fi alone and wanting to immediately share any new info i discover about my feelings. haaaha. it's almost like i find it irrelevant until i bounce it off another person. odd, no?

Oi - don't know how far to take that. I'm Fi first and been told not to overanalyze things (Ne) + put to much meaning/ exaggerate in the intensity of the emotion invoked by some of my conclusions (Fi).

Maybe just saying consciously in your head - nah I don't mind, with this one I'm on holiday on the Caribbeans - would help :cool: (that's me being on the Caribbeans).

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Well what normally works for me is doing fun things. This can be anything from: playing sports, watching movies, playing video games, walking, reading, and anything that can put your mind in the present.

If I remember right, our third and fourth functions are there to help ground us. Problem is they are harder for us to access. What was said above was Se and that works for me.

Perhaps you can try using your Te and Si functions to balance out your Ne and Fi. I try to use Se and Ti to balance out my Fe and Ni.

neptunesnet

man-made
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5&4
Instinctual Variant
sx
istp keeps telling me "just relax."

I've gotten that before.
Generally, when I'm with friends and I'm a little more Ne than Fi (eNFP) at the moment.

Hate it.
The best form of condescension :cheese:.
Hate it.

Just leave me the [beep] alone, tight[beep]! is what I want to squeal at him, but I can't :nono:.
Decency is a hindrance.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Anyone else despise being told to "just relax"?

Chill, whats wrong with being told to "just relax".

Relax that was a joke:hi: My little kid is coming out and I just feel like pushing buttons:D

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I pace around the room a whole lot because I hate being still and it is relaxing for me. Some people think I need to relax, when I'm acutally more relaxed than they are.