Thread: Just Relax

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

Tangents are perfectly acceptable. We are able to see into your mind

When it comes to your feelings and stuff, have you tried writing?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah it really is hard to stop thinking to meditate...i have been able to but i have to concentrate really hard on a sound...like waves or wind...it is hard though and it takes a long time.
    Very hard for most people to get the time, but if they can it's not a bad idea to go away on long(-ish) meditation retreats. I've been on a couple of 10-day ones when you're meditating from four in the morning until 10 at night, basically living like a monk and not being able to speak to anyone. It was one of hardest things I have ever done, and not actually very relaxing at all, but well worth it though. Changed my life.

And it does mean that when you do bring yourself to sit down and meditate away from the retreats, it is a lot easier.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

it sounds quite hellish actually...i mean i could dig like a weekend in nature by myself no talking but to actually try not to think the whole time...yikes!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP

A great deal of the time it is kind of hellish actually. The voice in your head that you just want to shut up is pretty bad, the not talking was probably the worse for me, but it's also quite physically painful.

But, but, but... it really is worth it though. And good bits are very good.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Tangents are perfectly acceptable. We are able to see into your mind

When it comes to your feelings and stuff, have you tried writing?
    writing definitely helps, so i don't feel like i'm burdening other people with my thoughts. but, i am still always caught up in thinking who am i, what do i want, how do i feel, how do they feel, do they like me, is this right, should i do anything differently, am i being true to myself... over and over and over again. sometimes it is like the plague whereas other times it's super interesting.

i just don't like the confusion... and sometimes, i don't even think about it until someone says to me "just relax!" -- cause that sparks a whole new train of thought... "am i being myself? is this a negative quality that i should work on... or just part of who i am?"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I feel the same, but with Ti. So instead of scanning like you, im analyzing too much of what i scan with Ne. i know its not easy to turn off or even limit your first function, but it can be done by using(and developing them by using them) your other functions instead of the first one. First function is led by the second, so i think its better to use other functions than your second one. Allso since Ne is extraverted function, some introverted function like Si could be better and maybe try some Te when you need to extravert. I know you cant turn off Ne fully, but when you see that you use it too much, you can try to use other functions instead as much as possible to take your mind off Ne.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

yeah, i definitely need to work on Fi. it does rein it in cause then i'm more secure. thing is, being extroverted has me not wanting to consider Fi alone and wanting to immediately share any new info i discover about my feelings. haaaha. it's almost like i find it irrelevant until i bounce it off another person. odd, no?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

If it isn't a problem for you than it's not a problem unless you make it a problem.
    So relax and don't make it a problem, lol.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thats my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who cant go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    yeah, i definitely need to work on Fi. it does rein it in cause then i'm more secure. thing is, being extroverted has me not wanting to consider Fi alone and wanting to immediately share any new info i discover about my feelings. haaaha. it's almost like i find it irrelevant until i bounce it off another person. odd, no?
    yeah me too...i have to share the revelations or new perspectives...is that what you mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Anyone else despise being told to "just relax"?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious