MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    I dont think this topic is about fictional characters from books
    PSH, that would be God. For me, anyway.
    I really do look up to him though, I think his teachings and personality are amazing. It's sad that Christians mostly concentrate on his death.
    "So I say, live and let live. Thatís my motto. Live and let live.
    Anyone who canít go along with that, take him outside and shoot the motherfucker."
    - George Carlin

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by bighairything View Post
    Probably my ENFJ sister, who has so much energy for actually doing stuff (as opposed to vaguely intending to) and the way she's constantly looking out for the people she cares about. And she's fun too.

In fact, from the two of them I know, ENFJs are just about my favourite type. The other is one of my best friends, and he's always the one initiating and organising things in our group (just as my sister is in my family).

To all you ENFJs out there, your efforts are truly appreciated.
    Aw I can feel loved today. Perhaps one day I can become like one of these people in the thread, I aspire to be someone who doesn't voice their opinion right off... Who looks at people and instead of subconsciously judging their work to your values, they see the beauty and incredible potential of each person.

The first person that comes to mind is an ENFP woman who has kind of been a mentor. I am so inspired by her patience, her deep love and caring, and when she talks to you, she makes you feel like you're the most important thing in the world to her right then. I truly admire her for this gift, the ability to see good in each person and encourage them. She has many people who look up to her and feel particularly specially close to her, she is one of those people who makes you comfortable confiding your deepest secrets in her, or she'll just be there as a shoulder to cry on.

Then also my old boss. He believes in me and encourages me more than I even believe in myself. He thinks I can do anything. He has had such an impact on inspiring me to charge for my goals, and giving me confidence to do them.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My ENTP husband.

I admire him so much because of how honest he is and how honest he makes other people be. He is willing to be honest even if it puts him at a disadvantage or is hard to say and could hurt people's feelings. It is actually a very vulnerable thing to be honest- perhaps nothing is more vulnerable then that- to say what you mean and mean what you say- to really truly be yourself- nothing is more soul exposing then to say what you are feeling and thinking no matter what.

I love how he can call people on their crap and expose and draw out in a compassionate way the true feelings and thoughts of others, things they might be too afraid or ashamed to say and admit or elaborate on and think about and analyze- the freedom he helps people embrace and the gift of being able to really be who you are- the way people are challenged to really own and look at themselves, I just admire the hell out of that.

I love how he is honest with himself.

He challenges ideas, actions, and beliefs but not your worth as a person-he is the most nonjudgmental person I have ever met and likes everyone and sees great potential in everyone and possibility.

I have never felt more understood and accepted because I have never been able to be more honest with anyone then him nor have I ever seen anyone more honest then he.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I need no one to look up to and never have. If there's anyone I would or admire it would be myself. Call me narcissistic or egotistic I dont care, I make my own path.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    I need no one to look up to and never have. If there's anyone I would or admire it would be myself. Call me narcissistic or egotistic I dont care, I make my own path.
    Right. But there's never been anyone who particularly helped and encouraged you to become the person you are?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Right. But there's never been anyone who particularly helped and encouraged you to become the person you are?
    The person who speared me to become the person I am today? It would have to be my oldest friend. He was originally my cousins friend, both who were years older than me. Well me and him became closer than him and my cousin where, he showed me things like heavy metal, wicca (which I to this day think is stupid) and anti-conformity. I fell in love with...most of it.

I have no idea what type he was but id have to say ESTJ.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I had a teacher in high school that I had enormous respect for.
    One was my Ancient History teacher. He'd frequently abandon the facts to instead compare how our civilization reflects 5th Century BC Athens and how the decline of our society is parallel to all the great societies in time. He was very strange and made a lot of sarcastic and cynical jokes that most people didn't get. He was obviously very offended and annoyed by "Stupid" people and had no mercy on any of the popular girls in his class that thought they could do what they liked.

At the end of the year, our small class loved him so much that we bought him an extremely rare and expensive book that he'd wanted all his life. He was very humbled and just said that he hoped we could continue learning about the past in order to understand our futures.

Cliche maybe, but it was a breathe of fresh air in a high school full of teachers who didn't care about their students or the subjects they taught. Not to mention, he was very strange and didn't really care, which was nice for me.

MBTI
    INFP

My flute teacher. He's an NF, not sure which one exactly, ENFP maybe?

I consider him the best friend I have right now. I'm just reaching the end of high school, and I've always felt very isolated and lost- there are few Ns surrounding me, and even fewer NFs. I feel so lucky that he became my teacher last year- he seems to understand me better than anyone else I know. I can talk to him about all my problems in life and he'll tell me about the similar things he went through when he was my age, and since he has 17 more years life experience, he can give me fantastic advice.

I trust his opinion above anyone else's. Because I always lacked a decent father figure in my life, I crave another older male to take his place, to be the friendly, wise big brother, if you like. This is my flute teacher.

I like that he has very defined, individual opinions about everything, including music, politics, and complex moral issues. He won't ever choose to take the opinion that seems expected of him, but always looks at it critically before making a decision. His independent mind and courage in his opinions inspire me to aspire to this also.

He is brutally honest. He tells me if he thinks somebody is very ugly, but then goes on to explain that it doesn't matter, it doesn't change his opinion of the person.
    This honesty is extended to positive things as well. For example, he has the confidence to say when something (a piece of music? a person dressed up for a special occasion? etc) is beautiful, and frequently does say so. For me, beautiful is such a big word, one I don't trust myself to have the right, or the understanding, to speak myself, to apply to something on my own accord. But I hope to be like him one day, to say 'That's beautiful' without self consiousness or shame!

Music is his thing. He works hard at it, practising his main instrument, piano, composing. He's excels at it.

He shares my weird sense of humour, acts really over the top, random and strange, which gives me permission to do so in his presence as well. He is someone I can talk about with about our favourite moments from The Simpsons and Futurama- it takes up a certain amount of our lesson time every week!

That will do for now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by souffle View Post
    My flute teacher. He's an NF, not sure which one exactly, ENFP maybe?

I consider him the best friend I have right now. I'm just reaching the end of high school, and I've always felt very isolated and lost- there are few Ns surrounding me, and even fewer NFs. I feel so lucky that he became my teacher last year- he seems to understand me better than anyone else I know. I can talk to him about all my problems in life and he'll tell me about the similar things he went through when he was my age, and since he has 17 more years life experience, he can give me fantastic advice.

I trust his opinion above anyone else's. Because I always lacked a decent father figure in my life, I crave another older male to take his place, to be the friendly, wise big brother, if you like. This is my flute teacher.

I like that he has very defined, individual opinions about everything, including music, politics, and complex moral issues. He won't ever choose to take the opinion that seems expected of him, but always looks at it critically before making a decision. His independent mind and courage in his opinions inspire me to aspire to this also.

He is brutally honest. He tells me if he thinks somebody is very ugly, but then goes on to explain that it doesn't matter, it doesn't change his opinion of the person.
    This honesty is extended to positive things as well. For example, he has the confidence to say when something (a piece of music? a person dressed up for a special occasion? etc) is beautiful, and frequently does say so. For me, beautiful is such a big word, one I don't trust myself to have the right, or the understanding, to speak myself, to apply to something on my own accord. But I hope to be like him one day, to say 'That's beautiful' without self consiousness or shame!

Music is his thing. He works hard at it, practising his main instrument, piano, composing. He's excels at it.

He shares my weird sense of humour, acts really over the top, random and strange, which gives me permission to do so in his presence as well. He is someone I can talk about with about our favourite moments from The Simpsons and Futurama- it takes up a certain amount of our lesson time every week!

That will do for now.

^^ Reading that post, I actually thought you were a close friends of mine who I see almost every day. She's an INFP and we're in Western Australia, and she absolutely loves her flute teacher for the reasons you listed. She's always lacked a mother figure, and her flute teacher is female.

It is truly startling.