User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default INFJ & Facial Expressions

Hello everyone! I'm a sophomore in high school. Recently, a lot of my classmates/teachers approach me and tell me things like "Why are you sad?", "Why do you always look worried/angry?", "What's wrong?", or "Are you ok?" when I'm emotionally neutral and not mad about anything. Is this an "INFJ" thing? Do any other types relate to this? May anyone give me any advice on controlling my facial expressions when I'm thinking about the past or the future? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced! =)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BMEF View Post
    Hello everyone! I'm a sophomore in high school. Recently, a lot of my classmates/teachers approach me and tell me things like "Why are you sad?", "Why do you always look worried/angry?", "What's wrong?", or "Are you ok?" when I'm emotionally neutral and not mad about anything. Is this an "INFJ" thing? Do any other types relate to this? May anyone give me any advice on controlling my facial expressions when I'm thinking about the past or the future? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced! =)

I frequently get asked what I'm angry about - usually I'm not angry, I'm just focused on my mission.

If I'm sad though, usually it's pretty easy for people to spot and they're usually right when they notice.

Phantonym

I can relate, this happens to me all the time.

There was a thread about this - http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...sposition.html

It might be helpful

Hmmm. I'm not sure whether it can be controlled unless you're constantly thinking about controlling your facial expressions. Being self-conscious is certainly very tiring.

Don't worry about it so much Just try not to drool and you should be fine.

MBTI
    INFJ

I used to get that all the time, people asking me whats wrong, and i'm just standing there thinking about nothing in general. I just wear a smile as often as I can even when I am just mulling around. People see it and assume I am content so they either leave me be or want to have a generally more upbeat conversation. They def feel more inclined to talk to me which I like.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I just wear a smile as often as I can even when I am just mulling around. People see it and assume I am content so they either leave me be or want to have a generally more upbeat conversation.
    Oh yeah, that usually does the trick. Mostly I just forget to smile, though. I'm either extremely self-conscious about myself and the people around me or I get so caught up with my thinking that the surroundings sort of blur together and I don't even notice others. I mostly give the blank face.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm the opposite. People ask me what I'm so happy about. I over-smile while I'm forced to be extroverted at work or in public. I guess it's a coping mechanism because I rarely feel comfortable.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp

OMG, i relate to a lot mentioned in this thread. I also have gotten asked "are you ok? you look sad. . ." a few times. Each time I was not sad. The last time that happened, i was actually listening very carefully and intently to that person and thinking about what he was telling me. I was totally neutral and actually in a good mood, and so I was caught by surprise with that comment.

I have also been asked "why are you so happy?" once. I dont know if that person was just bitter or what. I wasn't feeling overly happy, I was just being nice and smiling and being upbeat.

MBTI
    INFJ

Thank you all! I appreciate your help.

MBTI
    INFJ

If I'm lost in thought, which I usually am, then people tell me to smile or cheer up.
    My eyes are sensitive to light so I squint alot when I'm outside, people think I'm pissed at something.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

People often seem to think that I am sad. Angry, not so much.