User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default Building a Coffeehouse

So if you were building a coffeehouse, what would you do to make it awesome? What are some elements that your really like about your favorite coffeehouse (decor, service, items, etc.)? What are some things you could do without?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oh i'd love to tell you but i may need those ideas some day...i'd be happy to brainstorm with you on yours though.

are you opening one?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I like coffeehouse book stores, and coffeehouses that have local artists displaying their art on the walls. To add them together would be amazing!
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Good coffee.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh i'd love to tell you but i may need those ideas some day...i'd be happy to brainstorm with you on yours though. are you opening one?
    I am Lady, I am (though turning it from a dream, to a goal is hard work, so it'll probably take awhile). Maybe we can work together? The business doesn't have to be all mine, just enough mine to support my endeavors.

Of course, you're probably not in my neck of the woods anyway, but I'll share my ideas if you share yours...PM me if you don't feel comfortable here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    I like coffeehouse book stores, and coffeehouses that have local artists displaying their art on the walls. To add them together would be amazing!
    Jenna, you hit the nail on the idea head. If Barnes and Nobel and Borders incorporated art galleries into their stores, they would make billions more. I think the art/coffee/books combo is a big hit, and trust me when I say, it will be.

I have another really good idea to add to that, but now that LadyX is watching, I've got to be chill

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Good coffee.
    Product quality is core to any good coffee business, I completely agree. I'm also going to take full advantage of the green angle.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INFP

WiFi

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    So if you were building a coffeehouse, what would you do to make it awesome? What are some elements that your really like about your favorite coffeehouse (decor, service, items, etc.)? What are some things you could do without?
    Maybe something to give it a sense of community- like a really big bulletin board where patrons can tack their favorite quotes, note their favorite movie or book. I suppose an actual bulletin board would be kind of cheesy, but maybe having some empty journals lying about labeled 'movies' or 'quotes' that patrons could look through and/or contribute to while they're drinking. It could be way for patrons to slowly get to know each other (and to get them to keep coming back ).
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As an INFP who loves coffee and does freelance design, I find myself in coffee shops a lot. I really liked the coffee shop I used to frequent before I had to move, so I will use that as an example.

Of course, the coffee was good and the espresso was made correctly, even if it wasn't made quickly. They also did a cool little rosetta design in the foam on top. They had fresh, homemade pastries they made on location in the back. I'm super picky about baking because my mom is an awesome cook, but even I was impressed. They also sold a huge variety of herbal teas, and had some lunch foods like quiche and sandwiches.

There were these nice solid wood, high round tables and tall swivel chairs, which left room to spread out your laptop and coffee and pastry or whatever you had. Plenty of easily accessed and visible plugs in the walls for computer chargers.

Of course, free internet is very important. They didn't even bother with a password, which was nice.

Since I used to meet people for business there, it was also convenient that they had this little private room with chairs and a table in the back. You could reserve it ahead of time, otherwise it was first come, first serve.

They also had blinds on the windows (opened, but not pulled up) and solid doors, so you didn't feel like every passerby on the street was staring at you.

They did cool "community" stuff like hang paintings from local artists (for sale) and had music on Friday nights (not my music taste, but the idea was nice).

And very importantly, the staff was nice. Until it came under new ownership, I never went there because they had these rude people who acted like you were interrupting them to serve you. The new owner made it a much more friendly environment. (Although, admittedly, the people at the nearest Starbucks were even nicer and more personable. They got to know regular's names and personal details and were exceptionally friendly, which is partly why I never totally abandoned them.)

My only complaint is that outside of the tables, there were few big comfy chairs and no private corners to hide out with a book. I like to be more inconspicuous if I am not there working. Sitting at a table with a book and coffee felt weird, so I never did it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I'd serve poisonous coffee. I would actually name it Poisonous coffee, and I'd openly advertise the fact that I murder the customers, and once you enter, you never truly leave.
    I'd hang up paintings drawn using the blood of the earlier customers, assuring everyone that it is indeed real blood.

I imagine I'd still get a lot of customers.

Enneagram
    1w2

I've seen community tables really taking off and I have a nice story to tell about that in my blog. If I published it, I don't think I did.

WiFi and a meeting space you can rent out to local groups.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3