User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara
    You can't do all these things though. You probably have to pick an angle and just go with it. I mean you are selling coffee. You can afford to finance a remodel with private rooms, couches, stained glass, etc.
    The point is to create a cultural hub Avolk, and the idea is to make enough money so as to be able to afford those things, to make it an even better cultural hub, to make even more money et cetera. I will be creating a much narrower list for the first cafe, from this one to start with.

I definitely understand what you mean by the softer chairs slowing the turnover rate. The idea is that the chairs will be put throughout the bookstore, but the cafe, like in many Barnes & Noble Starbucks I've seen, will have the characteristically hard chairs, so that people who aren't able to find a softer place to sit, will probably want to leave faster, and then continue to envy those who always seem to get the chairs, and come back again at an earlier time so they get a spot; the point is, they keep coming. I eventually plan on having a restaurant full of hard chairs, and "ordering panels" nearby all the softer ones, so that people who want a snack, don't have to get up for it (that's what the waitresses are for), and keep purchasing my food/books.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Not necessarily. Many of the coffehouses I go to don't have them.
    So...what exactly is a hipster?
    Love is the point.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzcrossed View Post
    So, NO HIPSTERS. What exactly is a hipster? I'm picturing a long haired dude from the 60s, wearing flowing loose clothing, rose colored glasses and a pony-tail.
    You're close:

Basically spoiled middle-class brats who fashion themselves unconventional "artists" because they can doodle a few lines on napkins, are into progressive politics, don't know how to cut their hair properly, listens to awful Indie music, into New Age "spirituality"(ie stuff Oprah approves of), hates whitey(nevermind they ARE white themselves), and so on.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Ah, gotcha. I hate them too. No chance of them working for me, and if I catch them hanging around smelling like hash, I will just have to find some creative ways to move them.

Note: This may be harder to do with the art gallery...
    Love is the point.

Sniffles

Ah, gotcha. I hate them too. No chance of them working for me, and if I catch them hanging around smelling like hash, I will just have to find some creative ways to move them.
    Just play decent music.....they'll run away immediately! Take it from Hipster central:
    Businesses around Seattle are blaring classical, opera and country music near their buildings as a way to deter crime and keep people from hanging around outside.

So...what exactly is a hipster?
    Hipster; A person who thinks they are really really awesome. As in they're so cool that by you coming up and placing an order you are bothering them, because it takes time away from them thinking how incredible they are. They tend to be younger and think their music/fashion/art/books/films etc. taste is perfect.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Too funny!! I would've never thought of that being an effective deterent...
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Hipster; A person who thinks they are really really awesome. As in they're so cool that by you coming up and placing an order you are bothering them, because it takes time away from them thinking how incredible they are. They tend to be younger and think their music/fashion/art/books/films etc. taste is perfect.
    ISTPs?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

You guys forgot to mention the whole "will do anything as long as they can pass it off as 'ironic'" thing. Sweatbands and scrody mustaches? Sure, those are ironic. Smoking cigarettes and drinking PBR? How anti-establishment!

I guess they're the new beatniks or something.

ISTPs?
    Poor ISPs. They can't help themselves.

Anyway, awesome-good luck on the coffee house thing. Very cool.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Oh Poppy, all I'd really need to do is immortalize you in stained glass...I wouldn't have to worry about serving anything, people would pay me to see it.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Oh Poppy, all I'd really need to do is immortalize you in stained glass...I wouldn't have to worry about serving anything, people would pay me to see it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"