User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default Ideal friend for an INFJ

There are a lot of theories on romantic matches between types (INFJ goes well with ENTP and ENFP, etc.), but as far as I know, there aren't that many theories on what goes well together in friendships. As far as friends go, it seems like a lot of people just say that you can be friends with anyone and blah blah. Well, lets say you HAD to generalize to specific types being friends. I want some theories on what types are best with other types for friends, specifically INFJs since that is what I am.
    I have always had a good amount of close friends, and while I love them and have fun with them, I don't feel a really deep soul matey type bond with any of them. The closest I have come to that would probably be my ISFP friend, but even with her I don't feel like we completely understand one another.
    INFJs, do you have a specific friend who you feel like you have a really deep bond with? Do you think your types play into that bond, and if so, how?

Well I have the most fun with my ENFP and my ENTP friends. It's crazy fun, as in laugh until your head falls off fun.

My best friend is an INFP. Our friendship is much stronger and subtler. We can share the silence or talk together about anything. This is the friend I would call in need. She could do the same.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Those I am closest to are INFJ's and ENxP's. I also have two good ENTJ friends. I believe dominant N is the key to my closest friendships, and provides more of that 'soulmate' connection. After dominant N, secondary Ni can also lead to common ground and shared perspective. But dominant N's are certainly the most effortless friendships for me in terms of a sense of mutual understanding and similar thinking styles and general priorities/views/focuses in life.

I dunno that there will be a huge correlation between all the other infj's...I think a lot of this is individual.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Someone that they can trust and someone who is supportive. Someone who is consistent with their behavior. My best friend is an INFJ, we are really close.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFJ

INTPs I'd say. At least for male INFJs.

MBTI
    INFJ

My closest friends have always been SP's. After I read Keirsey and his ideas about the compatibility of N's w/N's and S's with S's (for romance) I thought it might be interesting to get to know some N's better as friends. It has absolutely not worked out -- I've befriended 3 NF's and I find it difficult get along with them precisely because of all the cliched negative things you always hear about NF's. I've also got to know some NT's and I get along great with them, but they're all guys. The only reason I can think of for why I like SP's so well is that my mother was an SP. My Dad was an SJ and I always found him cold and forbidding and I find (most) SJ's the same way -- I'm not saying SJ's ARE that way, just that that's how I find them. Anyway, I'm not sure why people have the friends they do, but early environment may have a lot to do with it.

Phantonym

The closest friendships I have are with INFPs, INFJ and ISFP. But no deep soul matey thing for me either. There is still something off, some sort of a distance between us.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Bart View Post
    My closest friends have always been SP's. After I read Keirsey and his ideas about the compatibility of N's w/N's and S's with S's (for romance) I thought it might be interesting to get to know some N's better as friends. It has absolutely not worked out -- I've befriended 3 NF's and I find it difficult get along with them precisely because of all the cliched negative things you always hear about NF's. I've also got to know some NT's and I get along great with them, but they're all guys. The only reason I can think of for why I like SP's so well is that my mother was an SP. My Dad was an SJ and I always found him cold and forbidding and I find (most) SJ's the same way -- I'm not saying SJ's ARE that way, just that that's how I find them. Anyway, I'm not sure why people have the friends they do, but early environment may have a lot to do with it.
    Yeah, it's weird because all of my friends are S's. The N's that I do know (who are female) tend to annoy me sometimes... What does that say about me?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It says you love your friends
    Type doesn't matter when it comes to being a good friend.

My best friends are an INFP, ENTP, and an ISFP

My childhood best friend was an INTP (male)

I had an ENFP partner in crime for awhile but he wanted more I wanted less, thats how the story goes.

I love this ENFP I know now too
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

INTJs.

"There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"