User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

So the answers are all over the place but one thing I've noticed is that there no ST's mentioned.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    So the answers are all over the place but one thing I've noticed is that there no ST's mentioned.
    One of the most common friendships for INFJs I've noticed is with ISTPs. People are just being idealistic.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I ISTP's. I get along with them very very well I don't know any other ST's so I can't comment on them.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    There are a lot of theories on romantic matches between types (INFJ goes well with ENTP and ENFP, etc.), but as far as I know, there aren't that many theories on what goes well together in friendships. As far as friends go, it seems like a lot of people just say that you can be friends with anyone and blah blah. Well, lets say you HAD to generalize to specific types being friends. I want some theories on what types are best with other types for friends, specifically INFJs since that is what I am.
    I have always had a good amount of close friends, and while I love them and have fun with them, I don't feel a really deep soul matey type bond with any of them. The closest I have come to that would probably be my ISFP friend, but even with her I don't feel like we completely understand one another.
    INFJs, do you have a specific friend who you feel like you have a really deep bond with? Do you think your types play into that bond, and if so, how?
    I feel I have the best time usually when I am out with either my ENFP friend who keeps me laughing all day. Or my cousin who is an ENTJ who engages me intellectually and how he handles things like an executive.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    One of the most common friendships for INFJs I've noticed is with ISTPs. People are just being idealistic.
    Makes sense I have a good friend who is an ISTP and she and I arrive usually at the same conclusions. We use the same coginitive functions mostly but in a differnt order. I come in heavily from Ni and my intuition and she comes in from a more Sensor technical logical point of view and we work backwards towards each other. I eventually go to Sensing and she eventually comes to intuition. So its pretty cool.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Socionics
    INFp

I have noticed so far having warm/easy platonic friendships with INFJs, INTJs, and ENFJs. Platonic is the key word though, even with members of the opposite sex.

Romantic feelings have occurred with a couple ENTPs (one of which I know was mutual--in the 6th grade, but never went anywhere), an ISTJ (don't think was mutual), and ESTP (going on right now--i think may be mutual but not sure). Trying to be friends with men of these types is treading on dangerous territory because the feelings can cross into the nonplatonic realm for me.

ESTJ and ENTJ are types I dont enjoy being around, and try to avoid. ENTJ will at least try to understand me. ESTJ doesn't understand me at all and doesn't try to.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by workaholicsanon View Post
    I have noticed so far having warm/easy platonic friendships with INFJs, INTJs, and ENFJs. Platonic is the key word though, even with members of the opposite sex.

Romantic feelings have occurred with a couple ENTPs (one of which I know was mutual--in the 6th grade, but never went anywhere), an ISTJ (don't think was mutual), and ESTP (going on right now--i think may be mutual but not sure). Trying to be friends with men of these types is treading on dangerous territory because the feelings can cross into the nonplatonic realm for me.

ESTJ and ENTJ are types I dont enjoy being around, and try to avoid. ENTJ will at least try to understand me. ESTJ doesn't understand me at all and doesn't try to.
    Yeah, ENTJs often rub me the wrong way but I've found that if I really get to know them, they end up being some of the greatest people. It's just that initial reaction/getting to know each other phase that is rough (for me at least). Also, I think sometimes I am a bit intimidated by them...

ESTJs remind me of my mom so of course I like them. Don't have any as friends though and I don't think it would work out too well either.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

My best friend is INFJ, and she admitted to me I'm the closest friend she's got. Closest male friend for her would be ENFP. The three of us together are unstoppable.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

I've always had great connections with INTJ's All of my really close friends have been INTJ's...whenever I move...I seem to find them, stalk them, and make them be my friend.

haha no really, I there is something about the cosmic intellectual conversations we have. Also, they are really good at pulling my head out of the clouds.

I have also been friends with a couple ENFPs.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Really? Huh. While I could totally see a friendship with them in theory (I find the ones on this board pretty interesting), I've simply never crossed paths with an ISTP in real life (beyond maybe knowing their name, or something). Whether it's different interests, or something else, I've simply never had any in my circle of friends/acquaintances.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ