User Tag List

First 3456 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Exactly.

Mystic, I think you just over analyzed being human.
    I don't think there is such a thing as over-analyzing.

There are too many personal viewpoints. Too many places to wonder with your mind's eye. It's all helpful in some way.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Anyway... it is good to grow past feeling like you can't hurt anyone's feelings, but I would be careful about accepting many of the views I see on the forum, which are mainly "pretend that it's better to be rude than nice."
    I think that's just the post-modern mindset that started way back with the punk movement, and has since infiltrated itself into mainstream culture as a reaction against the fake-y nice 1950's style world, and of course the Victorians who were even more "mannered" (and dishonest) in the 19th century.

You need to learn to balance your concern for other people's feelings with being "real"
    I very much agree with this, and it's kind of what I was saying in my own way.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    On the topic of self-censorship...I'm actually a rather blunt NFP. I'm not really big on self-censorship. The only reason I ever even practice it is because I respect, like, or love other people. Sometimes I do self-censorship just to save myself the hassle of having to deal with someone's reaction.
    That's much more common with NFPs, IMO, than NFJs. Fi wants to be authentic. I've had to learn to be less blunt. That doesn't mean lying though, just saying things in a more palatable manner so that it's actually more effective instead of just offensive. You know, a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, bwhahaha
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

^I'm pretty blunt (then again, my Fe seems to be a little defective, depending on the day...). I've actually haven't really seen NFPs be blunt, but maybe it's just me.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    That's much more common with NFPs, IMO, than NFJs. Fi wants to be authentic. I've had to learn to be less blunt.
    Yeah, I have always had problems with the opposite (the NFJ / Fe-related issue) and have had to learn to just be much more forward and not care about how people [general populace] respond. definitely ENFP is much more forward about what it's thinking.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    ^I'm pretty blunt (then again, my Fe seems to be a little defective, depending on the day...). I've actually haven't really seen NFPs be blunt, but maybe it's just me.
    Hm, I've actually been accused of being "abrasive" and "terse", which surprised me. Of course, it's always ESxx people who say that.

There's two people I know in person who I am quite sure are INFJs now, and one is very sweet, and the other is a lump that never talks. I suppose the 2nd probably seems less "nice" to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    definitely ENFP is much more forward about what it's thinking.
    Yes, extroverts are naturally more open about what they are thinking. I don't necessarily volunteer my opinions out of nowhere.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I don't even want to add emoticons to this thread, because I know that they are simply tools used to manipulate the psyches of readers.
    I agree.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I agree.

Personally, *I* think I'm hysterically funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cranky View Post
    Lighten up for chrissake, it was a joke.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I don't even want to add emoticons to this thread, because I know that they are simply tools used to manipulate the psyches of readers.
    Incidentally, emoticons are used to try to express what the person means, hopefully. You think everyone who uses emoticons are manipulating? It helps to set tone.

It helps to set tone. :steam:

It helps to set tone.