User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Need some NF advice.

I'd much prefer only NF advice that is objective rather than critical. But if any other temperaments read this and feel moved to give some inspirational advice, it would be appreciated.

So, as you guys know, I'm young. I have found myself in a bit of a crisis. One that I'll look back at in a few years and most likely feel really embaressed about. But nonetheless, I can't think of a better bunch of people to get advice from.

There's this girl I really, really like. She's a freshmen, and I'm a junior. But the only thing is, I haven't talked to her. Shoot me now-I said it. I'm crushing real hard on a chick I've never talked to. But I know of her, and she strikes me as the most beautiful walking creature.

It's got to be some intuition mixing in. I don't mean to sound cliche, but I get really weird feelings when I see her. There've been moments where we've both looked at eachother at the same time. She's really quiet, but really popular. I think she's the class president or something. And I'm kind of everywhere and nowhere at the same time, so socially, it may be a little weird.

I guess what I'm asking you guys about, is how to approach her and develop a relationship. As of now, I don't have enough confidence to actually confront her. But I'm working on it.

Call me a pussy, call me a whimp, tell me I'm looking for diamonds in a coal mine, but I don't care. I'm looking for objective advice as to how I can initiate things. I'm not good at it, it's not how I roll.

Sorry for whining. I have no one to talk to. My friends and family wouldn't understand.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Find something specific you like about her, something concrete. Approach her about that subject, and ask her opinion on it. That's what I do when I meet someone I find intriguing or admire. From there on, you can just start the conversation and see if she's everythign you'd hoped for and if there's a click
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Do you know her name? Befriend her on Facebook or something like that and be casual.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Find something specific you like about her, something concrete. Approach her about that subject, and ask her opinion on it. That's what I do when I meet someone I find intriguing or admire. From there on, you can just start the conversation and see if she's everythign you'd hoped for and if there's a click
    Wow, I actually understand that. It's so hard to function on a social level like that for me (sucky Se?). But that's a great idea.

I just don't want to approach her randomly and come off as a creeper. But I realize that's not what you're saying.

Thankas Amar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Do you know her name? Befriend her on Facebook or something like that and be casual.

Already did, back before I really didn't know who she was. But now she's in my school and there is like almost no way to casually start things.

I guess in a sense, I'm wishfully waiting around for something to come my way. It's terrible because I know it's inefficient and the odds of something actually happening are little. I only have two classes with her, both music ones but I'm never in a position to talk to her.

I can't tell you how bad I wish she would jump first. Then I could follow. But it doesn't work that way, I guess. It's usually the extrovert.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Welcome sweety
    Just make sure it's something you genuinly are intrigued by. It takes the pressure off the fact that you are interested in her.

Sometimes I'll also just 'overhear' a conversation and when the person is talking about a topic I enjoy, I'll jump in and give a smart-ass remark, or some kind of odd remark...just somethign that makes them have to think twice..one of the best icebreakers around I've found

Good luck with the hunt
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Get involved in the things where she is at.
    A class, a party, a school program. ANYTHING.
    Be-friend her friends. Something to get you to be something that she is familiar with outside of the hallways. This way, you can work on projects together, or be in the same room at a friends house or something.

I don't like it when random people come up to me anywhere I am, I know it's a line, and I know what they're getting at. Something casual like a conversation about the given situation your in may be helpful

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

We read this poem in AP Comp today, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot. It was about a man with unbounding love for this girl but how we never had the courage to express it or even tell her. He questions it all, is it really worth it? It is. But ultimately she ends up leaving (literally or metaphorically) and he is left in despair, old, and watching all of the younger folk loving.

It was kind of fitting, to an extent, and weird that we happened to be reading it in this light.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    We read this poem in AP Comp today, The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T. S. Eliot. It was about a man with unbounding love for this girl but how we never had the courage to express it or even tell her. He questions it all, is it really worth it? It is. But ultimately she ends up leaving (literally or metaphorically) and he is left in despair, old, and watching all of the younger folk loving.

It was kind of fitting, to an extent, and weird that we happened to be reading it in this light.
    It's more of a symbol for you to get motivated and strike while you can!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

OWS, you seem like a real chill guy, all you have to do is take the advice of the other posters here, take a deep breath, and just do what you gotta do. The more you think, the more awkward you'll be. You're an NF, for God's sake! Embrace the F!

I second Amargith's suggestion and also would like to second the "like whatever it is as well" technique. Obviously you like English if you enjoyed that poem so much. Maybe she does too? And maybe she's working with the literary magazine? I mean honestly who knows! Look up that Facebook profile and embrace your inner creeper to find out.

....Half-kidding. But Facebook is useful.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    Get involved in the things where she is at.
    A class, a party, a school program. ANYTHING.
    Be-friend her friends. Something to get you to be something that she is familiar with outside of the hallways. This way, you can work on projects together, or be in the same room at a friends house or something.

I don't like it when random people come up to me anywhere I am, I know it's a line, and I know what they're getting at. Something casual like a conversation about the given situation your in may be helpful
    That is exactly what I have sort of been trying to do. But I'm not too good at it. But I think it is great adive, that I'll keep working on.

The only advice I've gotten so far from the one friend I've told was to suck it up and go tell her. And obviously, that's not how I function. I appreciate all of your advice, and am 99% sure I'll use it.