• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

dukenk

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
infp
What was so bad about this "someone"?

Well, we think so different. She isnt "bad" but she is sooooo direct in her communication that it hits me to my core and makes me anxious and defensive. She cheated on me and the love left. I care, but no longer bonded. I tried telling her its not what you tell me it is how you tell me that drives me the most insane...But her reply, thats how I communicate...its a bad circle of frustrating communication.

Prototype

THREADKILLER
MBTI Type
Why?
Well, we think so different. She isnt "bad" but she is sooooo direct in her communication that it hits me to my core and makes me anxious and defensive. She cheated on me and the love left. I care, but no longer bonded. I tried telling her its not what you tell me it is how you tell me that drives me the most insane...But her reply, thats how I communicate...its a bad circle of frustrating communication.

Well then,... That sucks.

If you care, doesn't that mean something?

Trust is limited, and how I understand it, it is a tricky thing to take on, especially after you've been burned, you'll just have to remember to look before you leap the next time.

BTW, maybe she doesn't like being thought of as driving someone insane, it might make her feel as though something was wrong with her!

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
INFP's, thanks for making all the depressing music sell. You also drive up eyeliner sales.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's amusing how nearly all of the posts in this thread thus far have been made by infps.

I cry now.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's amusing how nearly all of the posts in this thread thus far have been made by infps.

I cry now.

Oh, quit finding excuses to ignore the very genuine praise (from non INFPs) that this thread contains.

Take the damn compliment already! :D

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
INFP is a pretty cool guy. eh uses Fi and doesn't afraid of anything.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
If it weren't for INFP's, I wouldn't have found out about the music I like. Here's a silk hanky for all you INFP's for when you're down.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
***accepts hanky***

I just read all the way through this - and started crying about half way through. God I miss my ENTJ.

mortabunt

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Enneagram
:hug:, it's alright. you're surrounded by your fellow NF's here. I personally would say: Fight through the pain!

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Thank you Mortabunt - very much.

I miss having that NT rationale to balance myself against.

ZPowers

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Did you seek out and/or randomly find this old thread, and then make a profile and post about how it made your day? Because that amount of effort lends validity to your statement. I find that funny. But in the sort of cute laugh-with-not-at kind of way.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
I like this thread. Made me smile a bit :redface:

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
Thanks guys, this thread makes me all kinds of fuzzy inside... i just want to give the whole world a hug :hug:

And i totally agree. The few of us who aren't self-pitying wrecks of abomination and despair, are pretty awesome. The ones who are, well they're no fun but at least their misery will lead to good poetry. It's a win-win situation :newwink:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hell yes, INFPs are awesome! :rock:

They are capable of pushing the boundaries of any conversation to keep it interesting, yet don't have it in them to be overbearing.

They are imaginative and fun, but laid back and not pretentious.

They are also what I refer to as "genuinely nice", which is a denomination I do not hand out to many folks at all, let alone in a group.

All the INFPs I know are the SCHIZNIT. :cool:

Cephalonimbus

MBTI Type
INFP
Except for the poet.
oh... right :sadbanana:

Alright then. The poet overcomes his problems after intense therapy, buys a nice espresso maker from the royalties of his marvellous work, falls deeply in love with someone at the wellfare office, gets married, moves to a cottage at the edge of the forest and lives happily ever after.

There. A win-win situation.

I hope you're happy, because he never wrote such good poetry again. He did write a volume of poems inspired by his newfound love, but frankly it was full of clichés.