• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
INFP: self -disgust etc..can you relate or did I screw up my test again?

Hello, I don't know why and I'd like to see what other INFPs think about this:
1)Whenever you are complimented you hold on to it so dearly as you know the outside world is your only source of affection. You are literally unable to love yourself and can always find something wrong somewhere.You feel that you are never good enough and when people actually show appreciation you dismiss it judging it "false" or that the person "doesn't know you yet".You think most people you meet do hate you deeply.
2) Some point in your life people close to you told you you were "bad". My mother told me I was the most difficult kid in the house and everyone I know closely thinks I have a nasty temper/moody and hate company.(which is true) but for some reason this haunted me and I always saw myself as the evil bitch since then....
3)I genuinely want to help people, make them feel better, making them happy makes my day...however I fail to follow up (as I get distracted easily) on the "good whims" and people think I lie.
4)Although I cannot stand myself, hearing it from someone else's mouth drives me into a quick,obsessive and I will not stop bashing until I feel better.
5)The qualities I think I possess are not exactly something to be proud of:
- good abilities at making someone who hurt me feel worse than I do.(yeah..."dissing" basically..honestly except that and random "generosity"(I just felt like helping you I see no qualities that in themselves are genuinely good)
6)Suffering from an inferiority complex, I act very confident and come off as aggressive yet if people get to me...I don't get back up.
8)I just idolize people I like, blind to their flaws.
9)Disregard for any kind of authority, when i was younger I'd go out of my way to be neutral in my conversation so I'd never show any sign of respect to my teachers,etc...
10)I assume I am unlikable and "disgusting" so I auto-exclude myself and no matter what people say it's only if I am confident in something I do that I am able to get work done, praise is meaningless unless sincere(1% of the time)
Can anyone relate?I am not trying to throw myself a pity party I hate pity parties. I just wanted to know if INFP can relate..I'm unsure of being an infp...I can relate to many types actually so I'm confused.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just want to start a thread in praise of INFP's because it's just hit me again today (as it never ceases to do) how much they kick ass.

They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people. They're gracious and humble in victory and generous in defeat. They're relaxed and laid-back P's who also know how to step up their act so as not to disappoint others or fail them. They're sensitive and gentle leaders and reliable, hard working followers. They're just as smart as INTP's but less work because they have better social skills! (sorry INTP's, but you know it's true... lol) They totally rock!

:banana2:

So let's hear it for INFP's, and feel free to chime in with your own words of praise.

INFPs are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! My aunt is an INFP, and I totally think she's the best. Some of my friends are also INFP. They are great folks!!! :D

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hello, I don't know why and I'd like to see what other INFPs think about this:
1)Whenever you are complimented you hold on to it so dearly as you know the outside world is your only source of affection. You are literally unable to love yourself and can always find something wrong somewhere.You feel that you are never good enough and when people actually show appreciation you dismiss it judging it "false" or that the person "doesn't know you yet".You think most people you meet do hate you deeply.
2) Some point in your life people close to you told you you were "bad". My mother told me I was the most difficult kid in the house and everyone I know closely thinks I have a nasty temper/moody and hate company.(which is true) but for some reason this haunted me and I always saw myself as the evil bitch since then....
3)I genuinely want to help people, make them feel better, making them happy makes my day...however I fail to follow up (as I get distracted easily) on the "good whims" and people think I lie.
4)Although I cannot stand myself, hearing it from someone else's mouth drives me into a quick,obsessive and I will not stop bashing until I feel better.
5)The qualities I think I possess are not exactly something to be proud of:
- good abilities at making someone who hurt me feel worse than I do.(yeah..."dissing" basically..honestly except that and random "generosity"(I just felt like helping you I see no qualities that in themselves are genuinely good)
6)Suffering from an inferiority complex, I act very confident and come off as aggressive yet if people get to me...I don't get back up.
8)I just idolize people I like, blind to their flaws.
9)Disregard for any kind of authority, when i was younger I'd go out of my way to be neutral in my conversation so I'd never show any sign of respect to my teachers,etc...
10)I assume I am unlikable and "disgusting" so I auto-exclude myself and no matter what people say it's only if I am confident in something I do that I am able to get work done, praise is meaningless unless sincere(1% of the time)
Can anyone relate?I am not trying to throw myself a pity party I hate pity parties. I just wanted to know if INFP can relate..I'm unsure of being an infp...I can relate to many types actually so I'm confused.

Awwww hon :hug: Sometimes the world is totally messed up, but you cannot give up!!!!!!!!!

Most people love you. They may not understand, but they love you. And inside they are secretly hoping you won't change because you are the person they look up to and respect. But because this world genuinely openly congratulates people who possess different skills and abilities, it is easy to be hard on yourself.

Don't listen to the farts!!! Farts are just that - farts. They dissipate within about ten seconds. But genuinely good people - as I am sure you are - last forever, even if you never know. :D :yes:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I have to add that I've really noticed that INFP's, the females at least, tend to be good looking, seemingly a lot more so than the average girl is.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh >.> I didn't realize I had hi-jacked the thread, I meant to make an another one, apologies!

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
No, seriously. This is shocking to hear.

This past year, I went to a very informative 8-hour MBTI course at work, and at the end of the session, the instructor asked everyone who they thought MOST people wanted to be. Well, of course, most everyone stated ESTJ. (I work in a professional field of mostly engineers and construction supervisors).

She stated that statistically, that was correct. Most people enjoy the ESTJ type the most. She also stated that the least liked type was the INFP!!! I was crestfallen; I wanted to sink down my seat, fall onto the floor, and crawl out of the side door. I was the ONLY INFP there -- out of about 25+. :eek:

I can understand why someone would want to be an ESTJ, but I never dreamed that nobody would want to be an INFP. From that point on, I had such a painful awareness of my sense of self... I felt like I was back in high school (unsure, lost, unpopular, weird, basically the quiet girl sitting in the corner). :boohoo:

I'm better now, thankfully... I know I am unique, and I have my strengths and I accept my weaknesses. Most people respond to me very well; my INTP boyfriend affirms and encourages me every day. It's sad, but I am still trying my best to not let the instructor's words get to me. :sadbanana:

dude!! don't let those words get to you! ESTJ? i don't think everyone knew the specifics to MBTI types. i would take an INFP over an ESTJ any day of the week :steam:

Laina

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I just want to start a thread in praise of INFP's because it's just hit me again today (as it never ceases to do) how much they kick ass.

They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people. They're gracious and humble in victory and generous in defeat. They're relaxed and laid-back P's who also know how to step up their act so as not to disappoint others or fail them. They're sensitive and gentle leaders and reliable, hard working followers. They're just as smart as INTP's but less work because they have better social skills! (sorry INTP's, but you know it's true... lol) They totally rock!

ThankYOU sooo much, you have no idea how happy this tread makes me, really made my day^^ Like this place I can go to whenever I am sad, and it will put a smile on my face. :hug:

epsilon72

MBTI Type
INtP
dude!! don't let those words get to you! ESTJ? i don't think everyone knew the specifics to MBTI types. i would take an INFP over an ESTJ any day of the week :steam:
Same here - I'd go absolutely insane if everyone in the world was an ESTJ. -->:rules::rules:

There are enough of them already! :BangHead:

milti girl

MBTI Type
INFP
ESTJs can be rich and powerful...isn't Donald Trump one? That's why you'll find many people wanting to be ESTJ. But you saw what this thread says - INFPs are really admired!:smile:

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
this is what I like to see! not the "WHY ENTP'S SUCK" or "WHY SJ'S SUCK"...thank you for posting this

and INFP's are the balls, one of my good friends is an INFP and it is blissful working with him

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs: We are the Bee's Knees.

Thanks for creating this thread, substitute. I discovered, and likely joined, this forum because of this thread.

will5250

MBTI Type
INFP
If you want to discuss the frustrations of being INFP, my experiences weren't quite like yours. I was never told I was bad, I was just invalidated a bit here and there. I would be told things like, "Sweetie, I think you might have imagined that." in response to me when I would tell about something I just experienced, so I learned that my parents weren't people who could be trusted with my inner thoughts and feelings; but other than that they were good parents, kind souls.

Evidently, many of the folks around me have my shadow functions as their strengths and visa versa, because when I try to be helpful to them I end up feeling like I have nothing to contribute to their lives.

But yes I am a hopeless encourager, and I love it when I get to put a smile on someone's face, partly because I get to co-experience their joy, but mainly because I know how good that feels, and I love to help others feel good too if I can arrange it. I guess you could call that one of my hobbies.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm counting on my creation of this thread to counterbalance the years of purgatory added to my account for participation in the uh, other thread :unsure:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm counting on my creation of this thread to counterbalance the years of purgatory added to my account for participation in the uh, other thread :unsure:

Quit feeling guilty already, it's unbecoming of you :D :hug:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Then what are you worried about? :huh:

:D

Well, PURGATORY, duh!!! :rolleyes:

I mean, it's worse than hell for an ENTP. A waiting room? For millenia?? Just... sitting there??!!! :eek:
At least in hell you'd be able to banter with the guys wielding the redhot pokers...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, PURGATORY, duh!!! :rolleyes:

I mean, it's worse than hell for an ENTP. A waiting room? For millenia?? Just... sitting there??!!! :eek:
At least in hell you'd be able to banter with the guys wielding the redhot pokers...

:rofl1:

Meanwhile, I honeslty don't believe in purgatory so *shrug*