• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

Talisyn

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9-1
oh... right :sadbanana:

Alright then. The poet overcomes his problems after intense therapy, buys a nice espresso maker from the royalties of his marvellous work, falls deeply in love with someone at the wellfare office, gets married, moves to a cottage at the edge of the forest and lives happily ever after.

There. A win-win situation.

I hope you're happy, because he never wrote such good poetry again. He did write a volume of poems inspired by his newfound love, but frankly it was full of clichés.

:yay: Thanks for the giggle. I even read this twice for amusement.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4
The best musicians becomes alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves. I don't find that very amusing. I know what music I like. It's a shame to lose it.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think a lot of INFPs give off feelings of calmness and peace. it's like they glow. :yes:

A

A window to the soul

Hell yes, INFPs are awesome! :rock:

They are capable of pushing the boundaries of any conversation to keep it interesting, yet don't have it in them to be overbearing.

They are imaginative and fun, but laid back and not pretentious.

They are also what I refer to as "genuinely nice", which is a denomination I do not hand out to many folks at all, let alone in a group.

Why thank you, thank you very much.

All the INFPs I know are the SCHIZNIT. :cool:

:happy:

Rebe

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4sop
Hell yes, INFPs are awesome! :rock:

They are capable of pushing the boundaries of any conversation to keep it interesting, yet don't have it in them to be overbearing.

They are imaginative and fun, but laid back and not pretentious.

They are also what I refer to as "genuinely nice", which is a denomination I do not hand out to many folks at all, let alone in a group.

All the INFPs I know are the SCHIZNIT. :cool:

:smooch::smooch::smooch:

Mole

Permabanned
The Fate of Pop Musicians

The best musicians becomes alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves. I don't find that very amusing. I know what music I like. It's a shame to lose it.

I haven't noticed classical musicians become alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves, it is only pop musicians who do.

And who can blame them, pop music is so shallow, empty and nasty and only after the buck. No wonder pop musicians become alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves.

Pop music plays to the lowest common denominator and the LCD is shallow, empty and nasty and so naturally is pop music.

It's a positive feedback loop between the empty, shallow and nasty and their music. They reinforce one another. They are like reinforced concrete - stronger together than they are apart.

Classical music requires discipline, depth and good taste - qualities abhorrent to pop music.

So the fate of the pop musicians is only a reflection of their music.

Jaguar

I haven't noticed classical musicians become alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves, it is only pop musicians who do.

And who can blame them, pop music is so shallow, empty and nasty and only after the buck. No wonder pop musicians become alcoholics, drug addicts and kill themselves.

Pop music plays to the lowest common denominator and the LCD is shallow, empty and nasty and so naturally is pop music.

It's a negative feedback loop between the empty, shallow and nasty and their music. They reinforce one another. They are like reinforced concrete - stronger together than they are apart.

Classical music requires discipline, depth and good taste - qualities abhorrent to pop music.

I guess that means you won't be dating Lady Gaga.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Are you kidding, Victor? Some of the classical composers were the worst man-whoring, drug using, temper flashing, alcoholic types there were. Lots of scandal.

R

Riva

^ lolz..

True Fid. In fact out of all the musicians, the pop singers seem to live the most ideal lives (copmparatively).

The classical and rock types are the most notorious.

This could be due to the fact that the image matters a lot in Pop music field than in rock and classic. Classic musicians have to produce good music. If they fail to do so they fail to earn, and simply fade away. It is a cruel destiny, but sadly the reality.

When it comes to Rock musicians, the worse the reputation one has the more famous he gets. But again he has to perform and produce excellent music. If he does make 10 to 15 singles it is good enough in the rock music arena. They could sing it till they die. Their image and YOUTH does not matter. Infact the old Rockers have all the fun.

But on the otherhand, Pop musicians have to live ideal YOUTHFUL lives. They have to be slim, have to dance, dress to the occasion and have good reputations. So they have to be disciplined. Even if they drink and womanize (which is obvious), they should never get caught.

But of course, an occasional BAD BOY or PLAY GIRL reputation does help. But only slightly.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Actually I hadn't known it before but there's a lot of cocaine associated with the bluegrass scene, and jazz musicians have always been known for their use of drugs. I wonder what it is that makes such brilliant people so emotionally pained.

R

Riva

Actually I hadn't known it before but there's a lot of cocaine associated with the bluegrass scene, and jazz musicians have always been known for their use of drugs. I wonder what it is that makes such brilliant people so emotionally pained.

Emotionally pained or is it because they want stimulation (mental or physical) every moment of their lives?

Must be the latter. They just use drugs as sensory stimulation. I could be wrong.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Emotionally pained or is it because they want stimulation (mental or physical) every moment of their lives?

Must be the latter. They just use drugs as sensory stimulation. I could be wrong.

I think you could be wrong. I think people self-medicate because of psychological issues, loneliness, depression, etc.

angell_m

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxFx
Enneagram
5w4

It's a positive feedback loop between the empty, shallow and nasty and their music. They reinforce one another. They are like reinforced concrete - stronger together than they are apart.

The best musicians does not have to be pop artists, I would never claim such a thing, this is your preference, not mine. There are plenty other musicians out there, for instance in rock and its sub categories. Few of them were after "the buck" as you so boldly put it, but to express themselves through lyrics and vocals. And yes, I might add, musicians of the Classical music category does contain the majority of cokeheads.

Do you seriously believe that if you listen to violins and orchestra you're somehow more disciplined, in depth and possess greater taste? That you are of better quality than the rest of the world?

Your ideal world. A world where everyone shares the same views, shares the same thoughts, shares the same dreams, shares the same ideas, shares the same taste of music, shares the same taste of food, shares the same taste of drink; is a world without creativity, a world without knowledge, a world without wisdom. A boring - black and white - world. A world where people say "Ignorance is bliss," as if they were high on valium.. and they would be.

To be honest, I believe the only reason why you sound so square, flat, boring, and borderline (in all of your posts), is because you're obsessed with social norms, and the idea that you can categorize the importance of each living individual via scala naturae. Your own little pyramidal illusion, where you can sit on top and look down upon the rest.

And I believe, that this pyramid of yours, is a reflection of how unevolved you are.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Perhaps it's that emotionally pained people have a knack for artistic brilliance...

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Comes out of the pain itself or that they are just more sensitive and therefore more easily affected by their environment?