• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] In praise of INFP's

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I just want to start a thread in praise of INFP's because it's just hit me again today (as it never ceases to do) how much they kick ass.

They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people. They're gracious and humble in victory and generous in defeat. They're relaxed and laid-back P's who also know how to step up their act so as not to disappoint others or fail them. They're sensitive and gentle leaders and reliable, hard working followers. They're just as smart as INTP's but less work because they have better social skills! (sorry INTP's, but you know it's true... lol) They totally rock!

:banana2:

So let's hear it for INFP's, and feel free to chime in with your own words of praise.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
NT + Q avi + nice words ...

I'm scared :peepwall:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha, suddenly my signature seems curiously apt - I feel Q's pain! :)

[EDIT - my previous signature, conversation between Picard and Riker where Riker puts the crew on alert because Q says he wants to do something nice for Picard!]

I just totally dig you guys and you're probably the only type I can't recall ever having any trouble with. I'm not sure whether the textbooks agree, but it seems to me like ENTP and INFP are a good match :)

Doesn't anyone else feel the INFP love?

Last edited:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm, me and an ENTP chick... probably be entertaining; house would be a mess, but as long as she don't bitch I couldn't see a problem there. We both would probalby have to work to support some habits........... :D

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I love how my INFP friend gets so amazed/excited by things all of the time- she's so easy to make happy!!! Very low maintenance chick who's fun to hang around with- can get a bit far out at times (things like the occasional desire to start a commune or join the circus), but definitley one of the people I most enjoy spending a free afternoon with! I don't see how anyone couldn't love them!

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Wow... I might tag this thread to read when I'm having a down day... like today.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I love how my INFP friend gets so amazed/excited by things all of the time- she's so easy to make happy!!! Very low maintenance chick who's fun to hang around with- can get a bit far out at times (things like the occasional desire to start a commune or join the circus), but definitley one of the people I most enjoy spending a free afternoon with! I don't see how anyone couldn't love them!

You see? This is the sort of stuff that makes me wonder why I didn't think of it before, the whole ENTP/INFP connection. We're made for each other! :D

Wow... I might tag this thread to read when I'm having a down day... like today.

[Q VOICE]Waddamadda sweetums? Let me magic it away for you![/Q VOICE]

Heh, seriously though - you guys are so awesome and so cute, and yet so sweet and sensitive, when something upsets you it makes me want to use all the persuasion/reality altering power that's available to an ENTP to obliterate whatever's hurting you :wubbie: [/gush]

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Heh, seriously though - you guys are so awesome and so cute, and yet so sweet and sensitive, when something upsets you it makes me want to use all the persuasion/reality altering power that's available to an ENTP to obliterate whatever's hurting you :wubbie: [/gush]

I thought NTs concider that kind of thing manipulation though...

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I thought NTs concider that kind of thing manipulation though...

No, no, I don't speak for all NT's but for myself I don't see that as manipulation, cos see, the way y'all do it isn't like how those Fe types do it - you don't expect help or protection and you don't give guilt trips to try and get them or pressure people into playing stupid head games. You just like, heroically try and cope with stuff and do the honorable thing on your own without involving others against their will, and I really dig that. It's what makes me come over all naturally protective, of my own volition. Y'all just bring out the hero in me I guess :blush:

Or maybe that's not all of you, and just the three awesome INFP's I know... heh. Either way, it's awesome.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok, I guess I really need to work on accepting positive feedback...

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I guess this is more examples of the heat found in a freezer...

*sigh* and I thought I learned to accept it ><

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
I guess this is more examples of the heat found in a freezer...

*sigh* and I thought I learned to accept it ><

You don't seem to be getting it, old chap.

It's supposed to be about INFP's good points, not their bad ones, or how rubbish NT's are at recognising good points in others at times or showing our appreciation :rolleyes:

C'mon, you gotta work with me here!

Oh well, maybe it's a guy thing. I never have this much trouble getting the female INFP's I know to smile at a compliment and say thank you! ;)

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, that and confidence issues. When complimented I'm either :ninja: or :blushing: and I guess I'm trying not to do the second. The second seems to open me up to attack too often... Sorry :sad:

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
You see? If any other type did that, I'd want to brock them over the head with a wet kipper. But you guys? It just makes me want to hug you and say "Aw you silly thing, of course you're cool!"

What I do though, in such cases, is to say, "Sorry, didn't mean to embarrass you. I think you suck, really, if it helps :)"

But I know that secretly, you like it. You're just ashamed of liking it, because you're so sweet and modest, no? ;)

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Hmmm, me and an ENTP chick... probably be entertaining; house would be a mess, but as long as she don't bitch I couldn't see a problem there. We both would probalby have to work to support some habits........... :D

I know an ENTP girl (althought she also once typed as an ESTP or ESFP, I can't remember, but she recently said ENTP fit best) -very attractive, and fucking awesome to talk to. What a marvellous combination! I think it can work well, but maybe not in terms of romance. I think INFP and ENTP make great friends, at least... I think we share a similar kind of sense of humour, but I'm not sure why. I guess all the ENTP's I know have an amazing ability to take things into another dimension (particularly presentations), and they've done it in a way that is exactly how I would like to present ideas (at least, non-art ideas). But there are definitely some things to work around, even if they are tiny things. For example, one of ym good ENTP friends loves to argue just for arguements sake, and he'll call you on the subtlest things that you didn't even realize you said or implied, and its kind of tough because they seem to expect you to give a damn good answer, and soemtimes its hard. Luckily, when you don't, he laughs it off!

I've always wondered how I come off to other people. When I'm in a good mood, I'm, like you say, excited about everything, and I want to run around and jump off things (like the little staircases in the mall :blush: ) and yell "woohooo!!!", but if I'm in a bad mood I'll be all like :steam: or :violin: , at least in private. If I'm in a bad mood surrounded by people, I guess I just kind of sit there and avoid talking to anyone, and I feel like crap when I feel the need to tell people who want to talk to leave me alone! If I'm in a normal mood, I'll make a lot of jokes and I'll be friendly and I'll contribute to discussions, or lead discussions. So... what exactly do these different moods look like to other people?

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
To me, INFP in the good mood you described is a lot like me in a good mood too. You in a bad mood is like me when I'm perplexed and want to think about something, which is as much as what amounts to a bad mood for me (though a real bad mood for me means cosmic destruction on an unprecedented scale, which only ESTJ's and INFP's seem to be able to avert), so I understand, I know how to give space cos I need it myself quite often. Your normal mood is like my normal mode too.

I know it might sound terribly sexist, but I think the ENTP/INFP pairing works better when the ENTP is the male and the INFP is the female, for romantic relationships, in general. I'm not saying that's how it should be, just it's my observation that it's often how it is.

But for friendships, sure, any way around is cool I'd say. And yeah, there are always things to work around in any friendship or relationship, but the ones I get with INFP's are always things I don't mind or find very difficult or stressful.

But I wouldn't worry too much about how your moods come across to different people GZA, because everyone has different moods and it's not like most people are thrown by the idea that from one time of seeing someone to the next, they might not be in the exact same mood! Changing moods is just a human thing that everyone relates to, and anyone who's even vaguely reasonable or decent wouldn't hold it against someone that now and again they just didn't feel like talking.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
To me, INFP in the good mood you described is a lot like me in a good mood too. You in a bad mood is like me when I'm perplexed and want to think about something, which is as much as what amounts to a bad mood for me (though a real bad mood for me means cosmic destruction on an unprecedented scale, which only ESTJ's and INFP's seem to be able to avert), so I understand, I know how to give space cos I need it myself quite often. Your normal mood is like my normal mode too.

I know it might sound terribly sexist, but I think the ENTP/INFP pairing works better when the ENTP is the male and the INFP is the female, for romantic relationships, in general. I'm not saying that's how it should be, just it's my observation that it's often how it is.

But for friendships, sure, any way around is cool I'd say. And yeah, there are always things to work around in any friendship or relationship, but the ones I get with INFP's are always things I don't mind or find very difficult or stressful.

But I wouldn't worry too much about how your moods come across to different people GZA, because everyone has different moods and it's not like most people are thrown by the idea that from one time of seeing someone to the next, they might not be in the exact same mood! Changing moods is just a human thing that everyone relates to, and anyone who's even vaguely reasonable or decent wouldn't hold it against someone that now and again they just didn't feel like talking.
Yah, thats true, but... still, they just want to talk a bit :blush: Yah, you're right though, everyone has different moods, and I guess the description I gave describes almost everyone in a good, moderate, or bad mood.

I can kind of see what you're saying with the male/female thing and INFP/ENTP, and I guess I agree to some extent, but I'm not sure why. I don't think it would make too much of a difference, but maybe a slight one.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
aw i'm feeling the love. I'm happy to be an INFP right now. =)