User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 213

  1. #51
    にゃん runvardh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    8,559

    Default

    Xander, that Sgt Maj has saved my bacon on various occations and is 60% responsable for my successes in life.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

    INFP, 6w7, IEI

    I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #52
    almost nekkid scantilyclad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx
    Posts
    2,109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    No, seriously. This is shocking to hear.

    This past year, I went to a very informative 8-hour MBTI course at work, and at the end of the session, the instructor asked everyone who they thought MOST people wanted to be. Well, of course, most everyone stated ESTJ. (I work in a professional field of mostly engineers and construction supervisors).

    She stated that statistically, that was correct. Most people enjoy the ESTJ type the most. She also stated that the least liked type was the INFP!!! I was crestfallen; I wanted to sink down my seat, fall onto the floor, and crawl out of the side door. I was the ONLY INFP there -- out of about 25+. :eek:

    I can understand why someone would want to be an ESTJ, but I never dreamed that nobody would want to be an INFP. From that point on, I had such a painful awareness of my sense of self... I felt like I was back in high school (unsure, lost, unpopular, weird, basically the quiet girl sitting in the corner).

    I'm better now, thankfully... I know I am unique, and I have my strengths and I accept my weaknesses. Most people respond to me very well; my INTP boyfriend affirms and encourages me every day. It's sad, but I am still trying my best to not let the instructor's words get to me.

    aw that made me sad and made me feel sad for you in that situation. I would have felt very defeated after something like that. I used to work at a company that was mostly ESTJ types or ISTJ types and i always felt so awkward and like they were always trying to change me, especially the ESTJ type. I would always sit alone at lunch, because i was happy that way, but they thought it was just completely unusual for someone to WANT to sit alone at lunch, so a bunch of them started sitting with me and trying to get me to carry on conversation with them which i would indeed try to do, although i have no idea what to say to people that i don't know and don't know how to relate to. I always felt like they were discouraging me when i did speak and most of the things we discussed usually turned into some sort of an argument, because one of them would say something that offended me or went against something i valued. I couldn't stand most of them, but for some reason they seemed to like me, and sat with me for almost a whole year at lunch. A lot of them tried to date me even, which baffled me, because i wasn't interested in dating someone that i didn't relate to and would constantly have to argue to get them to understand my opinions. I guess i got a little off topic there, but anyway it's still sad to hear that people would less want to be INFPs. We are good, generally selfless people who care about people and values on a totally different level than others, i think that should be respected and i'm glad a few people here enjoy our company.
    Last edited by scantilyclad; 10-26-2007 at 11:45 AM. Reason: cuz
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

  3. #53
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    INFPs are cool.
    They're great folk, I agree.

  4. #54
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Few of my friends have actually taken the test, but based on what I can glean from him one of my closer friends is an INFP. I don't know where I'd be without the big brother I never had! He has this amazing talent of getting anyone to admit what's bugging them no matter how hard they try to hide it (except for his girlfriend, unfortunately! XD)

    But he is definitely an amazing person. Yay INFPs!!!
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

  5. #55
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Awww. I was that way for most of high school too. Recently I've been experiencing painful feelings of deficiency and hopelessness, so reading this just makes me go, "Awww! That's awful!" I understand. LOL, I may have wanted to crawl out of the room too.

    Thank you, Substitute! Wow! This is a remarkably positive thread! Awww, I love it, I love it. Judging by your posts in other threads and by your signature, I'd LOVE you, Sub. (I'm thinking specifically of your insightful posts in a thread about the nature of Ne.)

    I like how ENXPs gush. They're so exciteable and cute. And I think they just seem so sincere. I have an ENFP friend online whose compliments are always the most flattering and endearing of all.

    Anyway, this thread rocks. Thanks to Sub for starting it!

    Here's to all you other MBTI types, as good as you are
    Here's to INFPs, as bad as we are
    As good as you are and as bad as we are
    You'll never be as good as we are!

    I just like that saying.
    I find it interesting that you two, and many other INFP's, had a very difficult time fitting in or making friends in high school. I mean, I'm in high school now and I definitely fit the "lost, unsure, weird" and more than enough of the quiet and sitting in the back part (although I'm not entirely asocial, even though I would say I'm extremely introverted (I generally score between 85-95% I on the Jung test), but I'm not really unpopular and I don't feel like I'm excluded by my peers. I talk, but I feel drained if I do to much, and I like small groups and I neevr feel lonely by myself). Despite those qualities, people still seem to really like me, and I don't have a lot of trouble making friends (despite this, I still have very few close friends, if any that are truely close at all). For example, today a friend of mine burst out laughing mid-way through one of my rants on how I laugh really hard sometimes at things that arn't actually very funny, and he said that he loves me and that if I was gone from his life, he would feel as if someone had taken away his soul, ahahaha. It seems people enjoy my strangeness, and arn't aware of the lost/unsure part inside me (and I don't try to give the impression I'm "found" and "sure" ), and people enjoy my sense of humour sometimes too. I feel a lot more lost and unsure and all that good stuff from other things, like routine work and school... all the structure. I'm not saying I'm the most popular guy in the world (cause I'm not), and I'm not saying everyone loves me (because some people just assume I'm insane/on drugs, which I'm not), but I've been able to make friends fairly well. I still feel very different from other people, and I sometimes wonder why the hell anyone would talk to me. I guess I feel like an outcast in my mind, but I know I'm not one on the outside. I find it interesting that other people of my type have not had similar experiences.

    Anyone know how the "making friends" part works for different types.

    Oh, and let me add that I'm truely heartbroken to hear about your experiences. I sometimes see kids in the stairwell sitting by themselves where no one can see them and it really eats me up. I want to talk to them and get to know them, but I don't know what I'd say...

  6. #56
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5
    Posts
    1,672

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I'm in high school now and I definitely fit the "lost, unsure, weird" and more than enough of the quiet and sitting in the back part (although I'm not entirely asocial, even though I would say I'm extremely introverted (I generally score between 85-95% I on the Jung test), but I'm not really unpopular and I don't feel like I'm excluded by my peers. I talk, but I feel drained if I do to much, and I like small groups and I neevr feel lonely by myself). Despite those qualities, people still seem to really like me, and I don't have a lot of trouble making friends (despite this, I still have very few close friends, if any that are truely close at all). For example, today a friend of mine burst out laughing mid-way through one of my rants on how I laugh really hard sometimes at things that arn't actually very funny, and he said that he loves me and that if I was gone from his life, he would feel as if someone had taken away his soul, ahahaha. It seems people enjoy my strangeness, and arn't aware of the lost/unsure part inside me (and I don't try to give the impression I'm "found" and "sure" ), and people enjoy my sense of humour sometimes too. I feel a lot more lost and unsure and all that good stuff from other things, like routine work and school... all the structure. I'm not saying I'm the most popular guy in the world (cause I'm not), and I'm not saying everyone loves me (because some people just assume I'm insane/on drugs, which I'm not), but I've been able to make friends fairly well. I still feel very different from other people, and I sometimes wonder why the hell anyone would talk to me. I guess I feel like an outcast in my mind, but I know I'm not one on the outside. I find it interesting that other people of my type have not had similar experiences.
    I feel dirty for reading this thread, and even worse for posting in it, but WOW. I related to every single word you said.

    I would type my examples of what you described, but then I might as well copy and paste it, then edit the compliment in the middle to fit what's been said to me.

  7. #57
    Resident Snot-Nose GZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    1,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erm View Post
    I feel dirty for reading this thread, and even worse for posting in it, but WOW. I related to every single word you said.

    I would type my examples of what you described, but then I might as well copy and paste it, then edit the compliment in the middle to fit what's been said to me.
    Wow, thats amazing... small world, eh ?

    Wolfmaiden, how does your friend do that... I wish I could...

  8. #58
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    I find it interesting that you two, and many other INFP's, had a very difficult time fitting in or making friends in high school. I mean, I'm in high school now and I definitely fit the "lost, unsure, weird" and more than enough of the quiet and sitting in the back part (although I'm not entirely asocial, even though I would say I'm extremely introverted (I generally score between 85-95% I on the Jung test), but I was not really unpopular and I don't feel like I'm excluded by my peers. I talk, but I feel drained like I'm getting on everyone's nerves if I do to much at all, and I like small groups and I neevr feel lonely by myself). Despite those qualities, people still don't seem to really like me, and I don't have a lot of trouble making close friends (despite this, I still have very few close friends, if any that are truely close at all).
    Okay, fixed so far...

    For example, today a friend of mine burst out laughing mid-way through one of my rants on how I laugh really hard sometimes at things that arn't actually very funny, can make being mean and angry so funny and cool and he said that he loves me and that if I was gone from his life, he would feel as if someone had taken away his soul, ahahaha.
    Uhuh...

    It seems people enjoy my strangeness, and arn't aware of the lost/unsure part inside me (and I don't try to give the impression I'm "found" and "sure" ), and people enjoy my sense of humour sometimes too. I feel a lot more lost and unsure and all that good stuff from other things, like routine work and school... all the structure. I'm not saying I'm the most popular guy in the world (cause I'm not), and I'm not saying everyone loves me (because some people just assume I'm insane/on drugs, which I'm not), but I've been able to make friends fairly well. I still feel very different from other people, and I sometimes wonder why the hell anyone would talk to me. I guess I feel like an outcast in my mind, but I know I'm not one on the outside. I find it interesting that wonder if other people of my type have not had similar experiences.
    And then...

    Oh, and let me add that I'm truely heartbroken to hear about your experiences. I sometimes see kids in the stairwell sitting by themselves where no one can see them and it really eats me up. I want to talk to them and get to know them, but I don't know what I'd say... so I do, even though I know they probably think I'm an idiot
    So, you're not that different... and other people suffer similar things, of other types
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  9. #59
    *ears perk up* wolfmaiden14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Infx
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Wow, thats amazing... small world, eh ?

    Wolfmaiden, how does your friend do that... I wish I could...
    I wish I knew! I'm usually good enough at getting people to talk.. but with Rob it's like he already knows! You just can't hide anything from him. Probably just that developed NP doing it's awesome perception thing. XD
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

    Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

  10. #60
    Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Posts
    3,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    aw that made me sad and made me feel sad for you in that situation. I would have felt very defeated after something like that. I used to work at a company that was mostly ESTJ types or ISTJ types and i always felt so awkward and like they were always trying to change me, especially the ESTJ type. I would always sit alone at lunch, because i was happy that way, but they thought it was just completely unusual for someone to WANT to sit alone at lunch, so a bunch of them started sitting with me and trying to get me to carry on conversation with them which i would indeed try to do, although i have no idea what to say to people that i don't know and don't know how to relate to. I always felt like they were discouraging me when i did speak and most of the things we discussed usually turned into some sort of an argument, because one of them would say something that offended me or went against something i valued. I couldn't stand most of them, but for some reason they seemed to like me, and sat with me for almost a whole year at lunch. A lot of them tried to date me even, which baffled me, because i wasn't interested in dating someone that i didn't relate to and would constantly have to argue to get them to understand my opinions. I guess i got a little off topic there, but anyway it's still sad to hear that people would less want to be INFPs. We are good, generally selfless people who care about people and values on a totally different level than others, i think that should be respected and i'm glad a few people here enjoy our company.

    The reason why so many people say they want to be ESTJs is because society approves of such a personality type. Simply because of their radical collectivist mindset. This does not in any way mean that they are any more desirable.

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    We are good, generally selfless people who care about people and values on a totally different level than others, i think that should be respected and i'm glad a few people here enjoy our company.
    Based on my theorizing and personal experiences, I could not agree more.


    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I guess i got a little off topic there, but anyway it's still sad to hear that people would less want to be INFPs.
    Truly, if I could be any other type than my own, it would be the INFP. As they were the only ones I didn't have a difficult time appreciating.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

    “No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

    My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Similar Threads

  1. [ISTP] In praise of ISTP's
    By substitute in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 04:15 PM
  2. In Praise of Feminist Men: Show Valentines Love ♡
    By Thalassa in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-16-2016, 05:03 AM
  3. In Praise of a God: The OFFICIAL Halla Appreciation Thread
    By Nonsensical in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-04-2010, 09:37 PM
  4. [MBTItm] In praise of Ps
    By Twixt in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-14-2009, 12:37 PM
  5. [MBTItm] In praise of...
    By GinKuusouka in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-02-2008, 03:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO