First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

*sigh* to you substitute
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    *sigh* to you substitute
    Sheesh, push the boat out there why don't you?

Heheh, some people. Honestly.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INFP

Default I'm... I'm... shocked

No, seriously. This is shocking to hear.

This past year, I went to a very informative 8-hour MBTI course at work, and at the end of the session, the instructor asked everyone who they thought MOST people wanted to be. Well, of course, most everyone stated ESTJ. (I work in a professional field of mostly engineers and construction supervisors).

She stated that statistically, that was correct. Most people enjoy the ESTJ type the most. She also stated that the least liked type was the INFP!!! I was crestfallen; I wanted to sink down my seat, fall onto the floor, and crawl out of the side door. I was the ONLY INFP there -- out of about 25+. :eek:

I can understand why someone would want to be an ESTJ, but I never dreamed that nobody would want to be an INFP. From that point on, I had such a painful awareness of my sense of self... I felt like I was back in high school (unsure, lost, unpopular, weird, basically the quiet girl sitting in the corner).

I'm better now, thankfully... I know I am unique, and I have my strengths and I accept my weaknesses. Most people respond to me very well; my INTP boyfriend affirms and encourages me every day. It's sad, but I am still trying my best to not let the instructor's words get to me.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

MBTI
    yupp

Why? ESTJ sounds like a terrible thing to be.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Why? ESTJ sounds like a terrible thing to be.
    I don't know why... my guess is that many are successful. *shrugging shoulders*
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    From that point on, I had such a painful awareness of my sense of self... I felt like I was back in high school (unsure, lost, unpopular, weird, basically the quiet girl sitting in the corner).
    Awww. I was that way for most of high school too. Recently I've been experiencing painful feelings of deficiency and hopelessness, so reading this just makes me go, "Awww! That's awful!" I understand. LOL, I may have wanted to crawl out of the room too.

Thank you, Substitute! Wow! This is a remarkably positive thread! Awww, I love it, I love it. Judging by your posts in other threads and by your signature, I'd LOVE you, Sub. (I'm thinking specifically of your insightful posts in a thread about the nature of Ne.)

I like how ENXPs gush. They're so exciteable and cute. And I think they just seem so sincere. I have an ENFP friend online whose compliments are always the most flattering and endearing of all.

Anyway, this thread rocks. Thanks to Sub for starting it!

Here's to all you other MBTI types, as good as you are
    Here's to INFPs, as bad as we are
    As good as you are and as bad as we are
    You'll never be as good as we are!

I just like that saying.

MBTI
    ENTP

It's sad, but I am still trying my best to not let the instructor's words get to me.
    I relate to that. Years ago, when I was a teenager (also geeky and unpopular), someone in my class used to pick on me and bully me by relentlessly teasing me about my height. It was only in my early twenties that it began to dawn on me that, in reality, being tall is usually considered a good thing!! Until then I used to stoop to try and blend in, but since then I've stood upright.

It's quite awful really, how some people will totally gaslight you into thinking all that's good about you is actually what makes people hate you. I've no doubt that people who put a high premium on being normal would want to be (or already are) ESxJ, likewise those who put a high value on being materially successful by the world's standards.

But here in the world of wondrous misfits, qualities like sincerity, modesty, integrity and kindness are valued a lot more, and who better than INFP for those?

Then again, even in the cruel world out there - the world of 'normal' people - when people are done being successful and normal and all the rest of it; when they come home after a horrible day in the office; when they're feeling down and demotivated, it's not someone to kick some sense into them that they want - it's the gentle touch of the INFP, without whom their lives would, I expect, be pretty meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Thank you, Substitute! Wow! This is a remarkably positive thread! Awww, I love it, I love it. Judging by your posts in other threads and by your signature, I'd LOVE you, Sub. (I'm thinking specifically of your insightful posts in a thread about the nature of Ne.)
    NP And.... I always worry that I'm too loud and obnoxious... and yet can't help being it, haha! Especially around you INFP's, I always worry about you thinking I'm horribly egotistical! Also, 'insightful' isn't something I get called often, seeing as how I don't usually share my insights with others, being used to having them brushed aside as crazy or just ignored, due to incomprehension lol
    Most of the time I'm just bantering. So thank you!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I relate to that. Years ago, when I was a teenager (also geeky and unpopular), someone in my class used to pick on me and bully me by relentlessly teasing me about my height. It was only in my early twenties that it began to dawn on me that, in reality, being tall is usually considered a good thing!! Until then I used to stoop to try and blend in, but since then I've stood upright.

It's quite awful really, how some people will totally gaslight you into thinking all that's good about you is actually what makes people hate you. I've no doubt that people who put a high premium on being normal would want to be (or already are) ESxJ, likewise those who put a high value on being materially successful by the world's standards.

But here in the world of wondrous misfits, qualities like sincerity, modesty, integrity and kindness are valued a lot more, and who better than INFP for those?

Then again, even in the cruel world out there - the world of 'normal' people - when people are done being successful and normal and all the rest of it; when they come home after a horrible day in the office; when they're feeling down and demotivated, it's not someone to kick some sense into them that they want - it's the gentle touch of the INFP, without whom their lives would, I expect, be pretty meaningless.

NP And.... I always worry that I'm too loud and obnoxious... and yet can't help being it, haha! Especially around you INFP's, I always worry about you thinking I'm horribly egotistical! Also, 'insightful' isn't something I get called often, seeing as how I don't usually share my insights with others, being used to having them brushed aside as crazy or just ignored, due to incomprehension lol
    Most of the time I'm just bantering. So thank you!
    Aside from popularity contests, I've noticed that some people mistakenly think they are INFPs if they have had life threatening accidents and surgeries. Very interesting. In fact, there was one woman in my work group - probably an ESFJ who thought she was an INFP!

Oh, did I have a good laugh about that. Apparently, she had rigorous brain surgery when she was a teen- which made her feel like an outcast- most outcasts identify with the INFP/ INFJ personality type for some reason. I think it's related to how the tests are worded inaccurately on some free online tests.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

She stated that statistically, that was correct. Most people enjoy the ESTJ type the most. She also stated that the least liked type was the INFP!!! I was crestfallen; I wanted to sink down my seat, fall onto the floor, and crawl out of the side door. I was the ONLY INFP there -- out of about 25+. :eek:
    American culture is set up so that the ESTJ values are most like the values of society in general. In truth I think that INF's make for the best friends, and anyone who thinks differently is truely missing out on something wonderful. ESTJ's are nice when it's time to get the work done, but for friendship INF's cannot be beat.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

INFPs are cool. It's just a damn shame when their shadow turns up and ruins all that good work.

I think that INFPs need balance more than most types or their shadow will rule their lives in very not nice ways. Also motivation appears to be as much a bane to the INFP as it is to the INTP. For that alone I tend to get on well with them. I just don't feel comfy when the Sgt Maj gets wheeled out!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?