User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

gee- I wish someone would start a thread praising ispts now!

An INFP that's been hurt in the past would'nt accept praise though if it would help!

MBTI
    INFP

Nice thread, substitute.

*strolls around the thread with guilty pleasure*

Of course, you realize that every INFP who has read your praise is probably doubting their INFPness due to the fact that they aren't sufficiently gracious and humble in victory nor generous in defeat.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    aw i'm feeling the love. I'm happy to be an INFP right now. =)
    YOU'RE AN INFP?!

Shocking. No offense, but you don't seem to fit the type according to what's been said on the thread.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I just want to start a thread in praise of INFP's because it's just hit me again today (as it never ceases to do) how much they kick ass.

They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people. They're gracious and humble in victory and generous in defeat. They're relaxed and laid-back P's who also know how to step up their act so as not to disappoint others or fail them. They're sensitive and gentle leaders and reliable, hard working followers. They're just as smart as INTP's but less work because they have better social skills! (sorry INTP's, but you know it's true... lol) They totally rock!

So let's hear it for INFP's, and feel free to chime in with your own words of praise.
    Based on the 3 INFPs I know, they are:

1. Quiet, hate drawing attention to themselves, despise exhibitionism and would never post their photos on the internet

2. Hard-working, very INTUITIVE, love all different personality types and doesn't despise any particular type and instead look for commonalities instead of differences--being that they are HARMONIZER-CLARIFIERS.

3. Drawn towards helping people- especially psychology, where they want to make a difference and like exploring emotions to great depths and want feedback just as much about their relationships

4. In a group of people, an INFP is usually the right-hand man or the best girlfriend and prefer being out of the spotlight

5. They usually can see the positive aspects in everybody, including the people they don't like

6. Prefer to spend time to themselves unless with other INFPs/INFJs.

7. Usually prefer a mate whom they can help/ fix emotionally.

8. In a mate, they're drawn towards significant others who are good at business and getting things done, being that they have a lack of practical skills, and acting in the moment generally.

9. Very careful about family planning and choose their mates carefully and would never do anything rash without thinking a great deal ahead of time (especially when it comes to having children, where to send them to school etc).

10. Musically inclined.

MBTI
    INTP

I'll just repost what I posted in this thread.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...html#post33326

All of it still holds true.
    One by one, over the months, the other bulbs burn out, and are gone. The first few of these hit Byron hard. He's still a new arrival, still hasn't accepted his immortality. But on through the burning hours he starts to learn about the transience of others: learns that loving them while they're here becomes easier, and also more intense—to love as if each design-hour will be the last.

Thomas Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

I can't go on, I'll go on.

Samuel Beckett - The Unnamable

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Most INFP's I've known are very cool people. I feel like we inspire each other, but in different ways. I want to give a big "thank you" to all INFP's who share a part of their dreamy world with the rest of us. Those dreams make the world a place that we all yearn to live in.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by hotmale View Post
    YOU'RE AN INFP?!

Shocking. No offense, but you don't seem to fit the type according to what's been said on the thread.

well then clearly you don't know me.
    and i am sort of offended that someone who has never spoken to me and doesn't know anything about me is telling me that i don't fit MY personality type.

i'm trying not to get annoyed and hold a grudge against you however. I know you probably mean well.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    well then clearly you don't know me.
    and i am sort of offended that someone who has never spoken to me and doesn't know anything about me is telling me that i don't fit MY personality type.

i'm trying not to get annoyed and hold a grudge against you however. I know you probably mean well.
    That must be your Fe coming out in hordes. I'll be no less offended when you make snap judgments about SJs either without knowing any of us.

MBTI
    yupp

whenever I read a thread like this or about INFPs or anything, I question my type. Even though when reading the description it fits and if I read other descriptions I see bits of myself in them, but not as much as an INFP. Maybe I just really want to be on INFP but I'm not.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    whenever I read a thread like this or about INFPs or anything, I question my type. Even though when reading the description it fits and if I read other descriptions I see bits of myself in them, but not as much as an INFP. Maybe I just really want to be on INFP but I'm not.
    All of which proves that you are

See this:

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Of course, you realize that every INFP who has read your praise is probably doubting their INFPness due to the fact that they aren't sufficiently gracious and humble in victory nor generous in defeat.
    But FWIW, I relate - whenever I read the bad stuff people say about ENTP's I question my type.
    I only wish I was that bad
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen