thanks for the love

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    ;) sx
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I just want to start a thread in praise of INFP's because it's just hit me again today (as it never ceases to do) how much they kick ass.

They're like the best of both worlds - they're introverts who are fun, adventurous, spontaneous and enthusiastic about people, and feelers who understand needing space and not smothering people. They're gracious and humble in victory and generous in defeat. They're relaxed and laid-back P's who also know how to step up their act so as not to disappoint others or fail them. They're sensitive and gentle leaders and reliable, hard working followers. They're just as smart as INTP's but less work because they have better social skills! (sorry INTP's, but you know it's true... lol) They totally rock!

So let's hear it for INFP's, and feel free to chime in with your own words of praise.
    -Brio

"I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life; I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well."
    -Teddy Roosevelt

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think they're awesome.

Two of my best friends are INFP.
    INFJ
    4w5

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

This thread is so sweet.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Their avatar's are pretty much always awesome.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Truly, this thread warms my heart.

Thank you.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dwigie View Post
    Hello, I don't know why and I'd like to see what other INFPs think about this:
    1)Whenever you are complimented you hold on to it so dearly as you know the outside world is your only source of affection. You are literally unable to love yourself and can always find something wrong somewhere.You feel that you are never good enough and when people actually show appreciation you dismiss it judging it "false" or that the person "doesn't know you yet".You think most people you meet do hate you deeply.
    2) Some point in your life people close to you told you you were "bad". My mother told me I was the most difficult kid in the house and everyone I know closely thinks I have a nasty temper/moody and hate company.(which is true) but for some reason this haunted me and I always saw myself as the evil bitch since then....
    3)I genuinely want to help people, make them feel better, making them happy makes my day...however I fail to follow up (as I get distracted easily) on the "good whims" and people think I lie.
    4)Although I cannot stand myself, hearing it from someone else's mouth drives me into a quick,obsessive and I will not stop bashing until I feel better.
    5)The qualities I think I possess are not exactly something to be proud of:
    - good abilities at making someone who hurt me feel worse than I do.(yeah..."dissing" basically..honestly except that and random "generosity"(I just felt like helping you I see no qualities that in themselves are genuinely good)
    6)Suffering from an inferiority complex, I act very confident and come off as aggressive yet if people get to me...I don't get back up.
    8)I just idolize people I like, blind to their flaws.
    9)Disregard for any kind of authority, when i was younger I'd go out of my way to be neutral in my conversation so I'd never show any sign of respect to my teachers,etc...
    10)I assume I am unlikable and "disgusting" so I auto-exclude myself and no matter what people say it's only if I am confident in something I do that I am able to get work done, praise is meaningless unless sincere(1% of the time)
    Can anyone relate?I am not trying to throw myself a pity party I hate pity parties. I just wanted to know if INFP can relate..I'm unsure of being an infp...I can relate to many types actually so I'm confused.
    I can relate to almost all of this. I'm truly sorry that you too have to experience this level of alienation.
    I may be a bit older than you, so believe me when I say: hang in there. Things will get better. I have grown into many of my INFP traights; most of which I used to utterly hate.
    One thing I will add to you list: despite all of those negative, and self-destructive emotions, I have always felt that there is a special person at my core. I suspect that you might say the same, when you are feeling good and positive. I now know that I have a special role to play in the lives of others, and that it is appreciated, if not always acknowledged.
    This thread is part of that too. It's nice to feel appreciated.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I can relate to almost all of this. I'm truly sorry that you too have to experience this level of alienation.
    I may be a bit older than you, so believe me when I say: hang in there. Things will get better. I have grown into many of my INFP traights; most of which I used to utterly hate.
    One thing I will add to you list: despite all of those negative, and self-destructive emotions, I have always felt that there is a special person at my core. I suspect that you might say the same, when you are feeling good and positive. I now know that I have a special role to play in the lives of others, and that it is appreciated, if not always acknowledged.
    This thread is part of that too. It's nice to feel appreciated.
    Hm, I still feel that way to some extent but I am aware that I have a pretty nice "loving network" now and I'm less harsher on myself. Things are looking slightly better and I'm hanging in there too. Aw, I this thread.
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I their passion.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

I them, too. One of my best friends is one. Doesn't sound as cool as two.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...