• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What would a "balanced" INFP look like?

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't mean to imply that we're unstable. Balanced means that introversion, intuition, feeling, and perceiving are less strongly expressed. Most INFPs that have come across have been EXTREMELY I N F P.

Recently, I retook the test. Previously, I was extreme in every category. This time, however, I was only slightly expressed in I and J and moderately expressed in F [I'm 100% N]. I'm still an INFP, but I'm more balanced. Obviously, I could look at myself to answer this thread, but I want to compare myself to others. XD

What does everyone think? :smile:

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A truly balanced NFP appears neither E nor I because the Ne and Fi functions are given totally equal influence in one's perspective and approach.

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
calm, soothing, insightful, friendly, easygoing, supportive, charming, sensitive, aware,

soft gentle nurturing teddy bears

responses?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
calm, soothing, insightful, friendly, easygoing, supportive, charming, sensitive, aware,

responses?

Hmm, that but also able to speak up for themselves. Balanced implies that you can also protect your own boundaries and assert your identity.

I agree with Simulated about the I/E thing.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm not sure about the tests....I test as strongly introverted and strongly intuitive, yet I test pretty low on Feeling. I mean, what does that imply? That the test is crap? Probably.

responses?

Maybe because I am 4w5, but I'd add creative and independent. I think an INFP at best is putting their imagination to good use. They can take what is in their head, which are loads of wonderful thoughts and ideas, and translate it into something that has real world value. That can even mean their healing side. In reality, the healing side of the INFP can be quite hidden. A balanced one is probably more apt to act on those positive feelings.
And I suppose that sums it up - an INFP who acts on the positive feelings, and doesn't allow the negative ones to paralyze them.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm not sure about the tests....I test as strongly introverted and strongly intuitive, yet I test pretty low on Feeling. I mean, what does that imply? That the test is crap? Probably.

Maybe because I am 4w5, but I'd add creative and independent. I think an INFP at best is putting their imagination to good use. They can take what is in their head, which are loads of wonderful thoughts and ideas, and translate it into something that has real world value. That can even mean their healing side. In reality, the healing side of the INFP can be quite hidden. A balanced one is probably more apt to act on those positive feelings.
And I suppose that sums it up - an INFP who acts on the positive feelings, and doesn't allow the negative ones to paralyze them.

Yes, the creativity is extremely important too. :yes:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Yes, the creativity is extremely important too. :yes:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be all encompassing, just what I thought of quickly.

Let it be known that I am also apparently a 4w5.

To quote from Nurture By Nature, pg 111, At their best, INFP's are deeply faithful and compassionate people with strong convictions and great empathy...creative, visionary and inspired problem solvers and original and alternative thinkers."

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To quote from Nurture By Nature, pg 111, At their best, INFP's are deeply faithful and compassionate people with strong convictions and great empathy...creative, visionary and inspired problem solvers and original and alternative thinkers."

That sounds right :yes:

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A balanced INFP would be able to not only utilize the tertiary and inferior functions, but be able to use them constructively. Si and Te wouldn't necessarily overpower Fi/Ne, as that's what makes us INFPs, but they would have the power to positively influence us.

Si would be developed enough that the INFP can have a decent grasp of social appropriateness, context, and detail, and respond accordingly. Te would be ultilized to gather data that could actually alter the course of Fi's final decision, and wouldn't just be used as a destructive sledgehammer brought out as a last resort.

I think a balanced INFP would be able to sometimes go against the emotional/personal desires of Fi in favor of objective results.

wolfy

awsm
I guess a healthy INFP would be similar to an ISFP. Be able to use Te and Fi in tandem and Ne in tandem with Si.

A healthy INFP would be able to bring together what they are and have to achieve whatever they want. The same as any person.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
A balanced INFP would be able to not only utilize the tertiary and inferior functions, but be able to use them constructively. Si and Te wouldn't necessarily overpower Fi/Ne, as that's what makes us INFPs, but they would have the power to positively influence us.

And that's important. A healthy INFP doesn't mean becoming or mimicking another type.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A balanced INFP has a teddy bear in each hand.

Coeur

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm reading a all of these wonderful responses. Very interesting. Does anyone have an idea of how these other functions [Si and Te] develop?

A balanced INFP has a teddy bear in each hand.

Does holding a big teddy bear with both hands count? :redface:

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm reading a all of these wonderful responses. Very interesting. Does anyone have an idea of how these other functions [Si and Te] develop?

Well, for me, I was a military brat, have martial arts training, am mathematically minded/adept, read a lot of history and personal biographies as a kid, and am outdoorsy.

There is a website, or maybe several, describing functions and how to "practice" them. Its been linked to before on this forum, I think ENFPer had it.

Lenore Thomson also talks about tertiary and quaternary function develop in her book.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Only if its pink. (Or blue for the males.)

angelsinging

MBTI Type
INFP
Iam also 100% N. Depend on the situiation, the test you do every time might be a slightly different which is normal because your mood can not always be the same.I think a healthy INFP doesn't mean become any other typle. Just be yourself, as long as yourself is happy. This is the most important thing.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
A healthy INFP will express themselves without reservation and be authentic to their core beliefs and values, be unshakable in their convictions, have a strong attitude and self belief to express their inner reality outwardly confidently, without self doubt.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A healthy INFP will express themselves without reservation and be authentic to their core beliefs and values, be unshakable in their convictions, have a strong attitude and self belief to express their inner reality outwardly confidently, without self doubt.

What if their convictions are incorrect and they are presented with evidence as such? Would a healthy INFP be in denial?