• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] INFPs, Where do you go?

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know y'all like your cave time, but where do you go when you go out? Coffee houses? Dance halls? People seminars? Chipotle? Where would I stumble across you in the wild?

angelsinging

MBTI Type
INFP
I prefer stay at home. Igo to coffee house, dance hall somtimes. The important thing for finding INFP is through conversation, we always use analogy. It's not just going to a particular places to find INFP, coz we can be anywhere.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
So - where have I been in public in the last week? My local gun shop, university classes, walking around WalMart, local coffee/pizza shop, walking my back roads, Church. Of these the place I've been the most was the local coffee/pizza shop - this place, Church and the gun shop are the most social.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
They come and chill at my house.

I treat 'em well.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
I love to go out to see live performances- particularly symphonies and plays. Usually its hard to find someone to go with me, so I go by myself. I'm too busy enjoying what I'm seeing to care that I'm alone.

These two things are often the only things that can coax me to venture out when I would usually rather stay at home and hide.

Oh, and book and CD shops, also.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I see my thread was already linked to :D

Personally, when I am not totally broke, I leave my cave more often, but I'm still a homebody. Lately I tend to go to the library cuz it's free, but I'm pretty in and out. Other stuff I am inclined to do regularly: coffee shops, yoga class, church/volunteering, concerts (especially small club shows), bookstores, record stores, the beach (with a book :D), makeup/clothes shopping, and museums.

Maybe once a month I go to a bar/lounge/club with friends, but that's maximum.

I also do typical errands, but you'd specifically find me at like a Trader Joe's grocery store or health food store or farmer's market type of places. Example: when I had a job I'd get lunch at this local health food store all the time. I tend to frequent local establishments over chains also, but that's not intentional. I've noticed other INFPs saying that too though.

Anything to do with music, art, culture, and books is a pretty good bet. A lot of INFPs enjoy nature and animals a lot also. Taking walks and riding a bike are things I like to do outside, but I'm more likely to be in a downtown area and people watching than in nature.

I also tend to do stuff alone or with few people - so I would look for INFPs alone or in a pair. Often, when I am with people, I am at places I'd be less likely to choose to go to myself. I'm pretty easygoing in that way.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't know about other INFPs but I seem to spend hours at music shops trawling through the classic rock and alternative sections or hunting through the DVD bargain bins. Listening to music and watching films are serious interests of mine; more than simply hobbies

Book shops and libraries are big for me too. Sometimes I'm not even looking for anything to buy/check out - I'm just looking to pass the time. I just love being around books. There's something about them - full of knowledge and possibilities.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ Absolutely. I love to browse when I have time, especially books and music. I think I'm a liar when I say I am in and out of the library....I spent at least half hour there today. However, sometimes I've specially ordered a book, and then I tend to just pick it up.

Chunes

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
The library, definitely.

Libraries are magical places. Especially if you have a good university library nearby. *swoon*

Sorta tough to get random conversation going there, though. :\

Flush

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I don't go out.

Unless my GF's place counts as "out".

mrconfusion87

MBTI Type
INFP
Bookstores, Libraries, Computer Shops, Coffee Shops, A Quiet Restaurant, or even any place with nature would be a GREAT place to hang out...

Chimerical

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w5
A world of internal wonder

Childhood.
When I left the house I would go to the woods and watch the animals and look for anything interesting. Actually I still do this. I found a few openings. One with a willow tree I named Cedric. I build a swing on him, and would go there everyday. One day some other kids found it and we became friends.

Teenage years.
Mostly the woods and a conservatory to listen to people play music and practice piano. I'd have people ask about what I was playing a lot. Made a few friends that way and in the lobby.

Now.
I ride the rapid transit [the train] just to ride it, explore the metropark woods, go to coffee shops, the library, CSU's music rooms, ride the free trolly, and look for new hide aways.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
definitely book stores. I like to have a nice cup of coffee and a book to read. I spend a lot of time at Barnes and Noble. Chipotle (burrito bowls YUM). School Library(i like to study). The gym(cardio helps me focus my brain). The park (I like to go on the walking trails in the woods).

You'll always find me by myself at these places, with my headphones in so I can generally ignore people.

rainoneventide

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What's with INFPs and libraries? Am I the only one (well, I know I'm not the only one, lol) that thinks libraries are extremely stuffy and boring? If I find a book I like I want to buy it and read it in the comfort of my own home, not just sit there all day in the same spot trying to look well-read. Not that I'm against libraries or anything, but Jesus... *end rant*

I like to do a lot of things outside, especially the beach--studying, reading, exercising, etc. Book stores are nice to wander around in when I'm looking for some other reading material (but I don't like sitting in there all day), and shopping at places other than malls when I'm by myself, because they kind of freak me out. I like finding random places like antique shops and art galleries, or anything art related.

Basically, I like spontaneous places where I can observe and not be observed. Things get stagnant very quickly for me, so you won't find me seated in any uh, enclosed area for long, besides my own room or car.

Snuggletron

Reptilian
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't like libraries, but I do like bookstores... I'd rather go to a shooting range or something lately. I really want to blow some shit up.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ ISFPs! Hand in your INFP badges please :tongue:

I don't like to read in public much either actually. I generally take books home I've checked out and crawl into bed with them. I don't want people seeing my facial expressions in reaction to what I am reading :cheese:. However, I do like to saunter through the library. I enjoy the quiet ambiance and old musty books...plus it's FREE!

FaithBW

MBTI Type
INFP
The library, definitely.

Libraries are magical places. Especially if you have a good university library nearby. *swoon*

How I miss my alma mater's library! I think this is part of the reason why I'm in such a rush to get into a grad school program. Now, I don't really like public libraries (I hope I'm not being elitist by saying that) but I did like Cleveland's main library when I lived there.

I also love bookstores and cafes or bookstores that combine the two. When I lived in Philly, I use to frequently hang out at the Tower Records downtown and peruse the classical, jazz and R&B sections. I was quite sad to learn that they went out of business. If there were any other music stores like Tower, I think I would hang out there but alas they don't exist anymore.

I also like thrift stores like Goodwill. I'm not sure why. I just do. I usually end up buying the majority of my clothes from thrift stores as opposed to retail stores, which I mostly hate, especially when associates come up and ask if you need any help. If I needed any help, wouldn't I have asked them?

I basically like places where I can get lost and be in my own world.