User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENFP and ISTJ

MBTI
    INFP

Default ENFP and ISTJ

My best mate is ENFP and I can't believe she found an ISTJ boyfriend! They've only known each other for 1 year and they are going to get married soon. They are totally opposite side and I dont like that guy. He is boring but very responsibly.

Although i am happy but i am also worried about her. I heard ENFP and ISTJ are conflict side. Most of their argument are because the ISTJ are being very controlled.

Anyone know any stories about ENFP and ISTJ? Will they be happy after married?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Not posting thoughts till duplicate is deleted.
    SDMF

MBTI
    INFP

how can i delete the other post??

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Notify a mod when there on they'll take care of it, and probably move it to the relationships.
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

How bout you not be a dick, Hexis?

I agree, ISTJ's are boring as ****. I'm not sure that you've given us enough information to go on though. We don't know them and we don't even know you. I think that you should definitely provide us with more information to let us know what makes each of these people unique. Things you noticed about their relationship dynamic.

Controlling definitely sounds very J. It's a rather knee-jerk reaction for us. Heck, I like to avoid that kind of situation all together. I would rather that the P flutter away like the beautiful butterflies they are than to try to crush them under the weight of my Extroverted Judging function.

Yes, ENFP's and ISTJ's don't share no letters. Doesn't necessarily mean that's a recipe for disaster. How old are these two? Their communication issues could be the result of immaturity. I know that Amargith is older and she loves IXTJs.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    Yes, ENFP's and ISTJ's don't share no letters.
    The strange part about this is that they share every function.

MBTI
    ISTx

I agree, ISTJ's are boring as ****.
    How bout you not be a dick, Hexis?

To the OP: There's no "this will work/this won't work" formula in regards to type and relationship/romance.

MBTI
    INTJ

Unless both ISTJ and ENFP have borderline S/N, it usually ends shitty.

I've talked about this on numerous occasions before because ISTJ male/ENFP female couplings occur fairly often (I'm guessing due to the fact that in our society ISTJ is often perceived as an ideal personality for a man, and ENFP is perceiveds as an ideal personality for a woman, so their coupling is encouraged by the external forces). But unfortunately for them, NP/SJ rarely make for a great dynamic.

I'm sure it works out for some, but from what I observed, it doesn't for most.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

the ISTJ I found was amazing. our differences seemed rough at first, but I feel that we really balanced each other out. I was almost too P and his J helped keep me responsible and kept me organized. The N and S can be a problem, but again, if you look at the bright side it helps. His S kept me grounded and picked up on things that I never saw because I was too busy daydreaming, and my N helped him look at things differently and our discussions and debates were so much fun because we learned so much from each other. The E and the I was a problem in the beginning because I wanted to drag him everywhere with me, but once I got to know him I was better able to adjust. and I think every ENFP needs a T to help them control their emotions and keep them underhand.

I did notice that the ISTJ changed me over the years, and not in a bad way. At first, I saw it as controlling, but in hindsight, I see it as balancing me out.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    I did notice that the ISTJ changed me over the years, and not in a bad way. At first, I saw it as controlling, but in hindsight, I see it as balancing me out.
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.