Thread: ENFP and ISTJ

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Edgar, stop hogging all the enfps, let the istjs play too

Kalach, I find that it's not the Ni of an INTJ that balances me, but the Te, though Ni will sometimes help to add focus. I find the Te-Si combo of ISTJs often too restrictive often and moreso, my NeFi scares the living daylights out of them. Though, clearly, I am biased
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ne-Monster View Post
    does Ni really need grounding? Or does it need to be pulled externally out of the internalized web it resides within? Get you ass out in the real world! (Is it a yearly INTJ avatar change holiday?)
    I have of late come late to a seemingly totally obvious idea: Se grounds Ni.

The really real world. The one right on the doorstep, spinning right on by.

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    I find that it's not the Ni of an INTJ that balances me, but the Te, though Ni will sometimes help to add focus. I find the Te-Si combo of ISTJs often too restrictive often and moreso, my NeFi scares the living daylights out of them.
    Yeah, probably. But that right there signals the bigger human challenge, doesn't it? And the bigger satisfaction, one day? Innit?

Theoretically.

What's that, honey, some internet guy explaining how we aren't right for each other? Well, that's a very important thing then. Shall I make a sandwich?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ

Edgar, I am gonna have to go opposite from you on this one.

I'd say behind an INTJ, an ISTJ is likely one of the better places for an ENFP to end up-especially as we grow older and get more Te. I have noticed the ENTPs tend to find enfps when young and then IXFJs for second wives. I wonder if ENFPs dont trend the same way but towards IXTJs.
    My observations of ENTPs are somewhat different: ENTP marries an ISFJ, which leads to divorce about 5 to 10 yrs later. After that, ENTP bunks up with some sort of N.

Anyway, I get your point on how mutual fascination can easily come about, due to an apparent "rounding" for an ISTJ and an ENFP. But "fascinations" and "obsessions" are fleeting, and the key to long term stability of the relationship is communication. And let's be honest here, NP - SJ communication tends to be very strained.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP

From what I have observed on the forum.. ENFPs and INTJs also have a strained sort of communication with logic getting blamed for crushing sentiments!
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    From what I have observed on the forum.. ENFPs and INTJs also have a strained sort of communication with logic getting blamed for crushing sentiments!
    I've just consulted with my logic and it thinks that you should stfu and go back to working on that Disney coloring book.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I've just consulted with my logic and it thinks that you should stfu and go back to working on that Disney coloring book.
    Now that has left my feelings and my sleeping beauty motifs all hurt
    ... couldn't drag me away

eljko Ranatovic: argus
    eljko Ranatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    eljko Ranatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

MBTI
    INFP

ENFP is 25, ISTJ is 27
    They share the two middle judging functions.

ENFP: NeFiTe
    ISTJ: SiTeFi

That is more important than the MBTI letters.

Last ISTJ tip-you'd better be cool cleaning or hiring a house cleaner. Fi is a very messy, imprecise thing.[/QUOTE]

What does the formulas mean? I am quite interested in this. I only know about MBTI letters. Have you got any website for these formulas so i can go for a look?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    I have of late come late to a seemingly totally obvious idea: Se grounds Ni.

The really real world. The one right on the doorstep, spinning right on by.

What's that, honey, some internet guy explaining how we aren't right for each other? Well, that's a very important thing then. Shall I make a sandwich?
    Have fun with those ESFPs!!

My observations of ENTPs are somewhat different: ENTP marries an ISFJ, which leads to divorce about 5 to 10 yrs later. After that, ENTP bunks up with some sort of N.

Anyway, I get your point on how mutual fascination can easily come about, due to an apparent "rounding" for an ISTJ and an ENFP. But "fascinations" and "obsessions" are fleeting, and the key to long term stability of the relationship is communication. And let's be honest here, NP - SJ communication tends to be very strained.
    ENTP + ISFJ seems to equal the entp marrying a PTO mom, then cheating on her out of boredom at 40. However entp + infj seems to fare somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsinging View Post
    What does the formulas mean? I am quite interested in this. I only know about MBTI letters. Have you got any website for these formulas so i can go for a look?
    check out this sticky post-the second part explains the Jungian functions a bit. They were the original idea by Jung, and then were modified to produce the MBTI system. It will seem really confusing at first, but read through it a couple of times. A typical INFP would be Fi, Ne, Si for instance but there is a lot of discussion about how real the function orders are. I am an ENFP and should be Ne, Fi, Te but tend to actually use Te more than Fi.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...-tutorial.html

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

All of this rings true to me.

Got two ENTP guy friends with ISFJ wives, and they are both already looking for the door.

Husband is an ISTJ. Our entire relationships has been about "working on" the "difficult". It gets tiring, to say the least.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    All of this rings true to me.

Got two ENTP guy friends with ISFJ wives, and they are both already looking for the door.

Husband is an ISTJ. Our entire relationships has been about "working on" the "difficult". It gets tiring, to say the least.
    You know if the EXTPs I know would leave it would be fine. But instead these guys will stay with the wives. Either they have kids and want a good mom to raise them, or they actually like having the wife serve as their mom as well.

So they keep the ISFJ at home, in some way really loving her, but then hit on me. Because why wouldn't you try and hook up with the cute ENFP chick?

I am up to n=2 ESTPs and n=5 ENTPs that I have seen behaving this way.