First 1234 Last

Thread: ENFP and ISTJ

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Whatever helps you sleep at night.
    You say in jest, but you're absolutely right. That's the struggle with being an ENFP. What is true and what is what we just convince ourselves to be true.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    You say in jest, but you're absolutely right. That's the struggle with being an ENFP. What is true and what is what we just convince ourselves to be true.
    Speak for yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post

To the OP: There's no "this will work/this won't work" formula in regards to type and relationship/romance.
    Yeah there is. Its not absolute like math formulas, but the likelihoods are there.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think honestly any two people who genuinely appreciate qualities in one another can work...the difficulty comes when they don't which can happen if they're alien to one another but not always...so it's very subjective...if they love their differences instead of just tolerate them...then it could work...otherwise it could potentially be a constant power struggle...never seeing eye to eye and never feeling heard understood or affirmed...which is important to both for long term happiness.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    NFs often use escapist fantasies to avoid dealing with unpleasant realities of life - denial, to put it more bluntly.

(Not talking about you per se, just NFs in general)
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

NFs often use escapist fantasies to avoid dealing with unpleasant realities of life - denial, to put it more bluntly.

(Not talking about you per se, just NFs in general)
    or delusional optimism...the idea that one profoundly insightful conversation will change things...the feeling that one CAN do anything they try hard enough to do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah there is. Its not absolute like math formulas, but the likelihoods are there.
    Not absolute, is the key phrase. I understand statistically, you'll find certain types match up better in a romantic relationship but like Lady X said:

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i think honestly any two people who genuinely appreciate qualities in one another can work... the difficulty comes when they don't which can happen if they're alien to one another but not always...so it's very subjective...if they love their differences instead of just tolerate them...then it could work...otherwise it could potentially be a constant power struggle...never seeing eye to eye and never feeling heard understood or affirmed...which is important to both for long term happiness.
    I think that if you can appreciate someone's qualities and differing outlook as opposed to automatically contending with them, you have the advantage in expanding your own.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Not absolute, is the key phrase. I understand statistically, you'll find certain types match up better in a romantic relationship but like Lady X said:

I think that if you can appreciate someone's qualities and differing outlook as opposed to automatically contending with them, you have the advantage in expanding your own.
    Looks like SJs are susceptible to "delusional optimism" too

MBTI
    ISTx

Well, apparently something is going right for this couple of one year, that is on the verge of being wed. It looks like your theory is null and void in this instance.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by angelsinging View Post
    My best mate is ENFP and I can't believe she found an ISTJ boyfriend! They've only known each other for 1 year and they are going to get married soon. They are totally opposite side and I dont like that guy. He is boring but very responsibly.

Although i am happy but i am also worried about her. I heard ENFP and ISTJ are conflict side. Most of their argument are because the ISTJ are being very controlled.

Anyone know any stories about ENFP and ISTJ? Will they be happy after married?
    As long as they love each other.